Risicos verbonden aan grootschalige scholengroepen volgens prof. Geert Devos op rondetafelconferentie Bigger schools, better governance? 14 maart Brussel (OVSG & vleva)
1. Alienation (vervreemding) of board, schools, parents and students
2. Risk of professionalization
* permanent governors (for life)
* Guarantee of competence ?
* Who controls the scho...ol board?
3. Law of Michels The "iron law of oligarchy" states that all forms of organization, regardless of how democratic they may be at the start, will eventually and inevitably develop oligarchic tendencies, thus making true democracy practically and theoretically impossible, especially in large groups and complex organizations. The relative structural fluidity in a small-scale democracy succumbs to "social viscosity" in a large-scale organization. According to the "iron law," democracy and large-scale organization are incompatible.
4. Organizations keep people busy (Noot Onderwijskrant : minder ruimte voor pedagogische opdracht van directeurs)
5. More difficult personnel policy
* Number of schools
8. Primary and secondary schools:
* Different policy in personnel and pedagogy
* What is right for secondary is not always right for primary
*Fits one network better than othermmm