Backstage Reaction to Podcast with CM Punk Posted by Steve Carrier on 11/29/2014 at 08:07 AM
Even with CM Punk having a number of detractors in WWE, Bryan Alvarez of F4Wonline.com was told that virtually everybody in WWE who listened to the recent Art of Wrestling podcast with Colt Cabana "thought it was awesome."
Alvarez said, "Now if you know CM Punk, CM Punk is a guy who has his loversmaybe that's the wrong wordhe has his fans, and he has his detractors. There's a group of people in WWE who are big fans of CM Punk, and there are people in WWE who just can't stand the guy. When he left, I heard from people that were like, 'Thank God this guy has left! He drove us crazy. He was so angry.' When he did his podcast with Colt Cabana, he admitted that at the end, he was actually sorry for how many times he told people to f--k off. When it happened, I had been told from people that he was so miserable, he was such as a crabby individual, they were glad he was finally gone out of the locker room because they couldn't handle him anymore. Now with that said, the impression that I got was, even people who did not like CM Punk, even people who really thought he was a miserable guy and were not CM Punk's fans in the slightest, they were fans of a lot of the stuff that he talked about in the podcast."
He continued, "It is true, there are a lot of guys in the company who are afraid to speak out, they're afraid to say anything, they're afraid to approach management, they're afraid to ask questions, and CM Punk got a lot of that out in the podcast. And he opened a lot of people's eyes that didn't know anything about what goes on internally in WWE. So there were even people that don't like CM Punk and don't want him back in the company, who are happy that he did this podcast and said everything that he said."
Alvarez said Vince McMahon is upset with Punk, but he's not "fuming." With the WWE Network airing a live "Stone Cold" Steve Austin podcast with the WWE Chairman and CEO immediately following Raw next Monday, Alvarez was told that it is very unlikely that he will talk about the matter in-depth. If he does, the feeling is that he will offer a "corporate answer."
Paul "Triple H" Levesque was among those hit the hardest in Punk's two-hour long speech as The Straight Edge Superstar addressed his issues with the WWE executive throughout the show. During his meeting with Levesque and McMahon that led to his exit from WWE, Punk went off on Levesque for not putting him over in 2011 when he was riding high on the momentum from his infamous "pipe bomb" promo in Las Vegas, Nevada. Upon being told by McMahon that he would be wrestling Levesque in a 'main event' at WrestleMania 30, Punk recalled turning to Hunter to say, 'All due respect, I do not need to wrestle you, you need to wrestle me. I do not want to wrestle you. I seriously resent you for not putting me over three years ago when you should have. That would have been best for business but you had to f--king come in and squash it. And then I had to lose to f--king Truth and Miz. It didn't make any business sense then, it doesn't make any business sense now, and I am in a position now where I can tell you that I don't have to nor do I want to wrestle you at WrestleMania. I don't care if I was supposed to win.'"
Punk then noted, "Which I was. I didn't care. I didn't want to give him the f--king privilege. I said a lot of s--t in there. I told them again and Hunter, he was gritting his teeth and I knew... he never liked me. It's one of those situations where you always hear those stories in the dirt sheets about 'Hunter says this about Punk' and all this negative stuff but me and him in a room together? Never any good vibes. Always negative, the way he would always look sideways at me, the way he always treated me."
According to Alvarez, Levesque is furious with Punk over his remarks. He said he received a text message from a person in WWE reading 'Triple H wants to kill Punk.'"
Alvarez added that Levesque, as well his wife, Stephanie McMahon, have 'an abject hatred' for Punk. He is also considered to be on their no-call list.
WWE officials are also extremely unhappy with Cabana. Cabana, who was being courted by the organization for an announcing role as recently as last year. He is said to now be on their "s--tlist."
CM Punk Speaks on His WWE Departure Posted by Steve Carrier on 11/27/2014 at 08:05 AM
Former WWE Superstar CM Punk has finally spoken out about his WWE departure on the latest episode of Colt Cabana's Art of Wrestling podcast. It's a very in-depth interview with Punk going into detail about his health, last few months with WWE, his departure and what happened after that. The full interview is available on iTunes now. Below are a few highlights:
* He left after the Royal Rumble mainly because of his health. He talked about working with broken ribs, a concussion and bad knees during his last months with the company. Punk was so sick during last November's European tour that he was throwing up and dry heaving every night after his matches. He had a fever for months and no appetite. WWE doctors gave him so many antibiotics that he had an accident in the ring on SmackDown, all while watching his paychecks shrink. He said it was the worst he's ever felt in his life.
* He suffered a concussion early during the Royal Rumble match but still worked. He passed a concussion test the next day and called the testing "bullshit." WWE informed he passed but wanted him to run the ring ropes and evaluate him. Punk then demanded that they just decide he has a concussion and admitted that he had been trying to deny he was hurt and just tough it out.
Punk says that same day he was being pressured about taking a drug test and signing visas for future tours instead of listening to his requests for help because something was obviously wrong. Punk then told Vince McMahon and Triple H that he was going home. Punk says he told off Triple H about cutting off his momentum in 2011 and complained to Vince for stifling Punk's creativity. He says he told them both it was garbage how Daniel Bryan wasn't being considered for the WrestleMania XXX main event. Punk says he told them he didn't want to do this anymore and was done. Vince was in tears when he hugged Punk goodbye and told him he was family.
* However, Punk was actually fired from WWE. After he left in January, he was told a few weeks later by Vince McMahon through text message that he was being suspended for two months. This was the day before Vince told WWE shareholders that Punk had taken a sabbatical. Punk heard from no one in WWE once the suspension was over and received termination papers for breach of contract on his wedding day in June.
* Punk says he hired a very vicious lawyer to go after WWE and fight their claim of breach of contract. In the end, he got a settlement that gave him everything he asked for and more. Punk's not allowed to talk about the settlement. He said they are done and will never have a working relationship again. Punk says WWE wanted to issue a joint statement with him but he told them to "f*** off." WWE was worried he would go to TNA but Punk's lawyer told WWE that he despises wrestling now and will never wrestle again.
* He said wrestling Ryback took "20 years off his life" and described Ryback as "steroid guy."
Ik ben Boon Kenneth, en gebruik soms ook wel de schuilnaam Sting.
Ik ben een man en woon in Dworp (Belgie) en mijn beroep is .
Ik ben geboren op 05/06/1989 en ben nu dus 36 jaar jong.
Mijn hobby's zijn: Worstelen en films.
Gastenboek
Druk op onderstaande knop om een berichtje achter te laten in mijn gastenboek