Health Magazine's readers are smart empowered women who know that healthy = happy. They turn to Health for fresh ideas and inspiration on how to make the healthy life truly irresistible. The magazine's unique 360-degree approach ensures that Health covers its readers' many interests: cutting-edge health advice, natural beauty moves, home remedies that work, celebrity weight-loss secrets, healthy travel, organic and low-fat food, new time-saving workouts, body-flattering fashion, and much more.
What You Can Expect in Each Issue:
- Health Now: In this front-of-book section, Health's editors hand-pick the best new tips, tricks, and updates that will help readers live healthier.
- Healthy Beauty: Simple secrets to great hair, gorgeous skin, easy makeup, and figure-flattering style.
- Healthy Shape: Safe, doable weight-loss plans, plus the trick to getting fit without the gym, eating light on the go, and enjoying tasty snacks under 80 calories.
- Healthy Inside: Smart and reassuring medical advice that makes every reader feel in control of her health. Favorite columns include Your Embarrassing Questions, and Your Body at 30, 40, 50+.
- Healthy Eating: Every issue, Health features delicious, easy, and good-for-you food. Readers also will find wine picks, no-guilt treats, and quick recipes from famous guest chefs such as Sandra Lee and Jamie Oliver.
- The Guide: Your ultimate handbook to top-of-mind subjects—from food safety to a great night's sleep.
- Feature Articles: Health covers a wide range of topics including health, diet, fitness, beauty, food, fashion, strHEA-relief, home, money, travel, natural living, and healthy Hollywood. Recent stories include: Your Body: What's Normal, What's Not; Find Your Naturally Gorgeous Colors; Lose 10 Pounds... And Never Feel Hungry; Five Ways to Fall Asleep Faster; The Best Jeans for Your Body; 7 Women's Health Problems Doctors Still Miss; Surprising Benefits of Wine; Eat Better without Trying; and Found: The $4 Healthy Meal.
Health features a clean modern design that is easy to navigate and exciting, vibrant visuals that make the magazine fun to read .
Health contributors share something special: their warm, clear, and engaging voice, which makes any topic fascinating—whether it's which spa treatments work or how to prevent breast cancer at any age. Health Magazine's writers include bestselling novelists like Jancee Dunn and Megan McCafferty, award-winning health journalists like Ginny Graves, TV personalities such as Bethenny Frankel, registered dieticians like Senior Food and Nutrition Editor Frances Largeman-Roth, RD, and medical doctors, including Health's own Medical Editor Roshini Rajapaksa, MD. And Health's exclusive recipe developers and guest chefs like Bobby Flay and Nigella Lawson contribute delicious recipes that are simple, and low-fat.
Comparisons to Other Magazines:
Health Magazine celebrates the joy of feeling great, and this is what makes it stand out from other health and fitness magazines. The magazine approaches weight-loss the way its readers do: as a way to be healthy, not get skinny. Health's friendly and reassuring tone is also unique, and it helps readers feel happy and in control. Health's contributors and experts test all the products and tips before recommending them, so the reader comes away with solutions that actually work, as well as fresh ways to make healthy living a whole lot of fun.
Health advertisers are all healthy brands that help our readers feel and look their best. They include natural foods companies, good-for-you beauty and personal-care brands, over-the-counter and prescription drugs that prevent or treat common conditions affecting women, fitness apparel, and healthy home products.
In the last two years, Health Magazine has won a FOLIO Eddie & Ozzie award and been nominated for an American Society of Magazine Editors (ASME) award for excellence in personal service journalism.