Spoilers: WWE Smackdown Taping Results Posted by Steve Carrier on 01/08/2013 at 08:59 PM
WWE will tape this week's WWE SmackDown episode from the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida. Below are the full results.
* SmackDown opens with CM Punk and Paul Heyman at Sun Life Stadium. Punk puts on The Rock's college football jersey. The stadium The Rock played college football at (the Orange Dome) is gone and the WWE that The Rock used to wrestle for is gone too. At the Royal Rumble, Punk is going to show The Rock that you can never go home.
* The Rock comes out for a promo. Flo Rida is in the house. The Rock is back on The Rock's show, SmackDown. Rock talks about his college football days. Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes come out. They say they are going to be champions soon and The Rock doesn't deserve this time. Rock says Cody has a dead caterpillar on his lip and makes fun of his lisp. Sandow has a wager for The Rock. Sandow says if Rock can answer 3 questions, he can stay. If not he leaves. Rock says bring it. Question 1 - who was the 19th US president. Rock says Rutherford B Hayes, bitch. Cody asks what movie won Best Picture in 1993. Rock says Schindlers List & he's right again. Question 3 - Rock says now it's his turn to ask a question. What happens when you combine a geological aggregate of minerals with its lowest form. Sandow says that's easy - you get Rock Bottom. Rock grabs him and gives him a Rock Bottom! Cody gets in Rock's face and gets a spine buster and then a People's Elbow. Rock celebrates.
* Lilian Garcia introduces SmackDown General Manager Booker T. Booker announces Antonio Cesaro vs. Randy Orton. The Rock will be in this very ring tonight. Also Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio. Show comes out and confronts Booker. He gets a microphone and says his match with Del Rio is because Booker T has a personal vendetta against him. Big Show says Del Rio is only getting the match because they're in Miami and Del Rio is Latino. There are no more Latino heroes, no more Irish heroes, no Viper heroes. Del Rio runs out and attacks Big Show and clears him out of the ring. Loud chant for Del Rio.
* Backstage segment with Booker, Rhodes and Sandow.
* A pre-recorded video from Antonio Cesaro announces he will be in the Royal Rumble.
* Randy Orton vs. Antonio Cesaro is next. Cesaro comes out with the US flag. As Orton was in control and getting ready to hit the RKO, The Shield ran down and destroyed Orton & hit the 3-man power bomb.
* Show vs. Del Rio for later tonight will be a Last Man Standing match.
* Matt Striker interviews Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre backstage about the Rumble. They have a score to settle with Sheamus tonight.
* AJ Lee and Dolph Ziggler vs. Natalya and The Great Khali is up next. Hornswoggle and Big E Langston are at ringside. AJ pins Natalya in a short match after hitting Sliced Bread. After the match, Langston levels Khali with his body tackle. Ziggler hit the leg drop on Khali and Langston hit his finisher on Hornswoggle.
* Sheamus vs. 3MB in a Handicap Match. 3MB runs away as soon as the match starts. Slater runs back and attacks Sheamus from behind but gets hit with a Brogue Kick. Sheamus gets the win.
* Kane and Daniel Bryan vs. Darren Young and Titus O'Neil is up next. Team Hell No win a quick match. Bryan's knee was taped up and he was limping after the match.
* Show vs. Del Rio in a Last Man Standing match is next. Del Rio came out in a Lamborghini. Big Show put him through a table on the outside. Del Rio starts using a chair on Show in the ring. Lots of back and forth. Show hits a choke slam and Del Rio gets up after 7. Outside the ring, Big Show slams Del Rio through the ringside barricade. Del Rio gets up after a 9 count and the crowd goes nuts. Back in the ring, Big Show nails Del Rio with the WMD knockout punch. Del Rio makes the count by rolling out of the ring at the last second and standing up. Big Show tries to hit Del Rio with ring steps but it backfired and he hits himself. Del Rio hits Big Show with the ring steps 3 times and Big Show is hurt. Del Rio turns the announcers table onto Big Show and gets the 10 count for the win. And new World Heavyweight Champion - Alberto Del Rio! Del Rio celebrates in the ring and in the crowd.
***SPOILER*Backstage News on Why Del Rio Won the World Title Posted by Steve Carrier on
01/10/2013 at 03:21 PM
- Alberto Del Rio won the World Heavyweight Title
from Big Show this week because they want to shoot Del Rio up as the new Latin
babyface Superstar since Rey Mysterio isn't around and Sin Cara has been
categorized as a disappointment. Cara was actually ready to work this week and
was not used.
The idea is that they will push Del Rio harder than
Mysterio and Cara with the hopes of making a genuine Mexican draw out of him.
This was actually the original idea when WWE signed Del Rio a few years ago.
The Last Man Standing stipulation was added to the match on SmackDown so
Del Rio could survive tons of punishment before coming back to win the title.
There is talk that Del Rio's title win was originally planned for
Monday's RAW but he wasn't there due to personal reasons so they moved it to
Tuesday at the SmackDown tapings.
- Sheamus recently commented on Big E Langston on Twitter in regards to him backing down at WWE Main Event, writing, "Everyone keeps askin' me did Big E Langston back down on #WWEMainEvent last night? He did. Like a Big Girl-E."
After the breaking news from earlier in the day, TNA Impact Wrestling came on the air with a renewed sense of establishment. TNA is changing their strategy to better compete in the sports entertainment world. Tonight's program is the last show before TNA's first pay per view of the year Genesis. here are the results from the show.
Sting cuts a promo
TNA Impact Wrestling starts with a 10 minute promo and the antics of Aces and Eights. This promo involved Sting, Kurt Angle and Samoa Joe. At some point, Mr. Kennedy makes his way to the ring and the TNA guys ask where his allegiance lies. Mr. Kennedy talks about being left in the dust months ago, and this leads to a face off between Angle and Mr. Kennedy. The promo ended with Kurt Angle decking Mr. Anderson and he hightails back to the locker room. The commentators suggest that this was an "explosive way" to start the show. On the other hand, it seemed to be more of the same old stuff. How many times do fans have to be subjected to Angle versus Anderson? Seems like it has happened a lot over the last few years.
Zema Ion loses to Kenny King
The X-Division Tournament to name a number one contender kicked off the first match of Impact Wrestling. The two trade fast counters and suicide dives. There were some bright spots by both, but if this division is suppose to bring the excitement that the WCW Cruiserweights did, they've got a long way to go. The action didn't slow down at any point, and it just seemed like two guys with no personalities trying to get their moves on television. However, the right guy won. Kenny King could be a name to watch in the future.
Robbie T and Miss Tessmacher beat Tara and Jessie
Robbie T used this intergender tag team match as a vehicle to get his power and persona over. The quick bout actually served him very well, limiting his wrestling ability. Or rather, the lack there of. The match went very quick and smooth and was surprisingly entertaining. Jessie is big himself, but looked like a dwarf when compared to Robbie T.
Jay Bradley pins Brian Cage
Gut Check contestants Jay Bradley and Brian Cage start their bout with a clean break. The crowd seems hot for the two prospects, though the Impact Zone crowd is often very loud. Cage hit a nice diving elbow drop after a second rope suplex. Jay Bradley ends up scoring the pin with a lariat clothesline. The match itself was decent, given the allotted time. Both men seem to be equal in talent and would probably be great additions to TNA Impact.
Joseph Parks comes to the ring and asks Hulk Hogan to come down to the ring so he can address his progress with him. Joseph Parks has been training at Ohio Valley Wrestling camp. Hulk looks very tired tonight. Parks asks for a match and Hogan finally relents. After Joseph Parks leaves the ring, Brooke Hogan announces that she is coming to the ring to handle some personal business with her dad. Oh boy. Brooke Hogan does the fake crying bit and asks the mighty Hulkster to bring Bully Ray back to TNA. Hogan says "no" and storms out. It was a very awful segment.
Jeff Hardy and James Storm defeated Austin Aries and Bobby Roode by DQ
Two of TNA's best wrestlers, Austin Aries and Bobby Roode, make their entrance for their match. Tonight they battle James Storm and champion Jeff Hardy. Storm and Hardy start the match off hot, with the babyface team hitting some double team moves on the heels. Aries and Roode argue on the outside in a manner that is reminiscent of Kane and Daniel Bryan. Aries and Roode eventually get on the same page and start putting heat on Jeff Hardy. It seems as if Aries and Roode are playing a game of outdoing the other. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but its a good minor story to the bout. Kazarian and Daniels make their presence known and take out James Storm. Eventually they get Hardy and cause a disqualification. Great match with a very poor finish.
Kurt Angle and Mr. Anderson goes to a no contest
Before the match even began, Angle was attacked by Aces and Eights with a hammer, resulting in Angle being stretchered to the back. In a funny moment, if only for the oddness of it, Sting's music hits while Angle is being stretchered and walks right by his injured friend as he comes to the ring. Weird. Sting challenges Mike Knox.
Sting pins Knox
The newest revealed member of Aces and Eights, the former Mike Knox, was easily defeated by the icon Sting. Before Sting could enact revenge on Knox, Aces and Eights comes to the ring with Brooke Hogan and tells Sting that if he ever wants to see Brooke in one piece, he'll let Knox go. A very weird segment considering Brooke is wrapped up in the Bully Ray and dad saga. And now, the suspended Bully Ray makes an appearance and chases off all members of Aces and Eights. Just as we go to commercial, Hulk Hogan walks to the ring. The match was standard fare, with Sting hitting his Stinger Splash and Scorpion Death Drop.
Hulk Hogan Saga Continues
The show ends with Bully Ray and Sting try to convince Hogan that he is making decisions based on personal issues surrounding his daughter. Bully is great on the stick. Bully Ray then proclaims his love for Brooke. This segment is playing out like a cheesy 80s movie. Bully Ray asks Brooke to marry him next week on TNA Impact.
SUNDAY: Genesis on Pay-Per-View and TNAOnDemand | Complete Lineup Announced
On Sunday, January 13, TNA Wrestling and Direct Auto Insurance present "Genesis" live on Pay-Per-View and online around the world at TNAOnDemand.com!
"Genesis" will take place from Universal Studios in Orlando, Florida! The epic event will feature all of your favorite IMPACT WRESTLING Superstars including Hulk Hogan, Kurt Angle, Jeff Hardy, Austin Aries, Bully Ray, Bobby Roode, Rob Van Dam, James Storm, Samoa Joe and many more! TNA PPV events are available on InDemand, DirecTV, Dish Network, TVN, Viewer's Choice and many more Check your programming guide for times!
More On TNA's New 2013 Pay Per View Strategy
TNA's announcement regarding their new pay
per view schedule. The new concept came after most of TNA's contractual
obligations with pay per view providers expired. The plan to limit the amount of
pay per view events is nothing new and was actually years in the making from
what I've been told.The current TNA pay per view business strategy is to cut
costs by moving some of these shows to a taped format while giving TNA time to
bolster the production of these new pay per view events; Possibly adding extra
content in between the wrestling matches.
The lower cost factor is to
help TNA bring in more casual wrestling fans to purchase the smaller pay per
view events. TNA also has plans to heavily promote the events via their video on
demand service TNAOnDemand.com
which gives them a greater revenue share than traditional pay per view venues.
For TNA's "One Night Only" PPV Events Revealed
The themes for the "One Night Only" PPVs
- TNA X-Travaganza, featuring the stars of the X-Division
(airing in April, taping 1/13).
- TNA Joker's Wild Tag Team Special,
featuring enemies teaming and a Battle Royal final (airing in May, taping
- TNA Hardcore Justice 2 - ECW reunion style "hardcore" show
featuring hardcore stipulation matches bringing in ECW talents.
- TNA "10
Reunion" - Stars from the early days of TNA battling inside a Six-Sided
- TNA Knockouts Knockdown - One night Knockout tournament with the
first round being all stipulation matches and the final four in a "test of their
stamina" to see who the final victor is.
- TNA International Incident -
One night tournament featuring talent from " United States, India, Mexico,
Ireland, Canada, Germany, Japan & the UK" with the winner earning a TNA
- TNA X-Division World Cup Tournament - four teams of
X-Division wrestlers in a one night tournament featuring singles, tag, six man
and eight man tag bouts.
- TNA World Cup of Wrestling - Four teams, each
captained by a TNA wrestler featuring a Heavyweight wrestler, a tag team and an
X-Division wrestler battling in singles, tag and stipulation bouts. The finale
will be a "two ring, triple chance Battle Royal."
TNA has announced today it will be
dropping eight of its annual pay per views, delivering just four live events per
year, starting with this Sunday’s Genesis pay per view.
TNA’s next live
pay per view will be in March for Lockdown (moved from April), followed by
Slammiversary in June and Bound for Glory in October.
In addition, seven
Pay-Per-View specials that will be branded as “TNA Wrestling: One Night Only,”
series will debut in April 2013 and continue throughout the year during the
additional months. The 3-hour taped Pay-Per-View specials will premiere on the
first Friday of each month. The first two “One Night Only” specials will be
“Joker’s Wild Tag Team Tournament” and “X-travaganza” which will feature the
The company will continue to produce TNA Wrestling’s
“Unfinished Business”, which are one-hour programs available on a Video on
Demand (VOD) basis.
TNA IMPACT WRESTLING Announces Major Changes To 2013 Pay-Per-View
IMPACT WRESTLING today announced a new worldwide Pay-Per-View programming
initiative for 2013. The 52 annual episodes of IMPACT WRESTLING on SpikeTV will
lead to four, live epic Pay-Per-View events commencing with “Genesis” on January
13th, “Lockdown” on March 10th, “Slammiversary” on June 9 and “Bound For Glory”
on October 13th.
In addition, seven Pay-Per-View specials that will be
branded as “TNA Wrestling: One Night Only,” series will debut in April 2013 and
continue throughout the year during the additional months. The 3-hour taped
Pay-Per-View specials will premiere on the first Friday of each month. The first
two “One Night Only” specials will be “Joker’s Wild Tag Team Tournament” and
“X-travaganza” which will feature the X-Division. “The Pay-Per-View industry
has changed so much in the last decade,” says TNA President Dixie Carter. “The
traditional pay-per-view wrestling model needed to evolve and we believe this
strategy will positively impact not only the Pay-Per-View events but the weekly
television programming as well.”
The company will continue to produce TNA
Wrestling’s “Unfinished Business”, which are one-hour programs available on a
Video on Demand (VOD) basis. The monthly titles continue to focus on the history
of a rivalry or a specific past PPV event. These titles are available for two
months at a time.
* The show opened in NXT Commissioner Dusty Rhodes’ office where The Shield was meeting him. Rhodes informed Seth Rollins that he will defend the NXT Championship tonight, this time against Big E Langston (who was also in Rhodes’ office) and it will be a No Disqualifications match. Rhodes wished Langston good luck tonight.
* Percy Watson and Yoshi Tatsu were waiting in the ring when Bray Wyatt came out on stage. Wyatt cut a promo about the audience and the Wyatt family. Wyatt introduced Luke Harper and Rowan as he sat in a rocking chair on the stage.
* The Wyatt Family defeated Percy Watson and Yoshi Tatsu.
* Paige defeated Emma with the Paige Turner.
* Epico and Primo defeated Bo Dallas and Michael McGillicutty when Primo hit the backstabber on McGillicutty.
* Big E Langston defeated NXT Champion Seth Rollins in a No Disqualifications match to become the new champion. After the match, the NXT roster celebrated with Langston in the ring. Langston also celebrated with Dusty Rhodes and WWE executive Triple H congratulated him.
ROH TV Tapings Jan 05, 2013 Baltimore, MD Estimated Attendance: 650+
Dark match: Papadon def Ashley Six
TV Taping 1: Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Rielly def Alabama Attitude Corey Hollis & Mike Posey
Nigel cuts a promo telling Lethal that the only way he can get a title shot is if Steen changes his mind.
Top Prospect Tournament 1 Round 1 QT Marshall w/RD Evans def Mike Sydal
ROH World Tag Team Championship The Briscoes def Caprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander.
They have announced the next tapings are Feb 2nd in Baltimore, MD. It is the same day as National Pro Wrestling Day and they are still supposed to have a showcase match of The Briscoes vs SCUM. The match is on the afternoon card so the match doesn’t conflict but fans who wanted to attend the evneing show most likely won’t be able to stay at NPWD if they want to go to the TV tapings.
TV Taping 2 Starts with a Lethal/Steen in ring confrontation. Lethal says that to destroy ROH, he has to destroy Lethal who is honorable clearly trying to get Steen to change his mind. Steen accepts so it’s look like we will get Steen versus Lethal in the future.
Top Prospect Tournament 1 Round 1 Silas Young def Adam Page with a full nelson stretch
Matt Hardy def Rhett Titus
ROH World TV Championship Adam Cole def BJ Whitmer with the Florida Key
TV Taping 3 Top Prospect Tournament Round 1 Tadarius Thomas def Antonio Thomas .Truth Martini watched from ringside
Roderick Strong def Grizzly Redwood
Michael Elgin def Mike Bennett with Maria and Brutal Bob with the spinning sitout powerbomb
Tag Gauntlet Round 1: American Wolves def Bravados Bros. Round 2: Wolves def SCUM Round 3: Kyle O’reilly and Bobby Fish def American Wolves after the SCUM beatdown to win the gauntlet
TV Taping 4 Top Prospect Tournament Round 1 Matt Taven def ACH with a frog splash. Truth Martini was on commentary.
Nigel cuts a promo saying that Matt Hardy vs Adam Cole will not be for the TV title, because Matt won with a low blow. Cole wants it to be for the title as he is a fighting champion.
Ms.Chif def Athena with a second rope piledriver type move.
8-man Tag Scum (ROH World Champ Kevin Steen, Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino, Rhino def ROH Tag Champs Briscoes and Cedric Alexander & Caprice Coleman when Steen pinned Alexander, even with Rhino set up for a Gore. Jay Lethal was on commentary.
TNA has announced a format change to the TNA Gut Check segments that air on Impact
Wrestling. Previously, the Gut Check contestant would wrestle a member of the TNA roster in an attempt to impress the judges. Starting this Thursday, two Gut Check
contestants will wrestle each other - with both of them being evaluated by Al
Snow, Taz and Bruce Prichard.
Contrary to reports that independent wrestler El Generico has signed with WWE,
PWInsider.com is now reporting that Generico has not yet signed with the company - and is currently undergoing WWE's vigorous physical examinations before he's offered a contract.
past, there have been several issues that led to WWE signings being delayed
(Kassius Ohno & Daniel Bryan) and negotiations breaking down (Nigel
McGuiness) pending the results of medical examinations.
WWE Raw Results - 1/7/13 Posted by Steve Carrier on 01/07/2013 at 07:22 PM
- The first RAW of 2013 kicks off with an electrifying video package for The Rock's return. Rock is here to evaluate which ever Superstar may be his Royal Rumble opponent - WWE Champion CM Punk or his opponent tonight, Ryback.
- We're live from Tampa, Florida as Michael Cole welcomes us to RAW. We go right to the ring and out comes John Cena to a mixed reaction.
Cena hits the ring and we get a look back at the New Years Eve RAW where he slopped AJ Lee and Dolph Ziggler to end the show. Cena hypes the crowd and says tonight is special. He talks about Punk vs. Ryback in the TLC Match. He then brings up The Rock's return and says you can almost feel the electricity, almost feel the boots wanting to be put to asses. Cena hypes Rock's return and the crowd pops. Cena brings up the Road to WrestleMania and Royal Rumble. Cena is interrupted by Dolph Ziggler, AJ Lee and Big E Langston on the stage.
Ziggler says fans may have came for Cena or Rock tonight but they will remember him. AJ speaks and she's upset about Cena slopping her last week. She's also upset about Cena toying with her heart. AJ can't believe she chose to lose her job over someone like Cena. She calls him a petty, pathetic, small man. A very small man, she adds. Cena says AJ just made her first wiener joke. Cena gets the crowd to do the wave and AJ is getting upset. Cena goes on and Ziggler interrupts him. Ziggler has had enough. Ziggler says he isn't going anywhere so Cena can just cut the crap. Cena says he cut the crap last week and it fell all over Ziggler. Ziggler announces he will be in the Rumble also.
Ziggler says his primary goal in the Rumble is to make sure Cena doesn't win. Cena scares them and makes them think he's about to slop them again. Cena makes a joke about AJ messing with both Ziggler and Big E. Cena says he's done talking and wants to fight. He calls Ziggler down to the ring for a fight. Big E takes the mic and says Dolph isn't Cena's only problem. The crowd boos. Big E says it's on. Cena ignores Big E and tells Ziggler to come take a whooping. Ziggler says he's not going to the ring. He has words with Big E. Ziggler's music hits and it looks like he's going to the ring for a match. We go to commercial.
Dolph Ziggler vs. John Cena
Back from the break and Big is at ringside with AJ. Ziggler and Cena go at it to start the match. Ziggler takes Cena down with a headlock. Cena comes back with a hip toss and arm drag. Ziggler takes Cena to the corner and beats him down now. Ziggler with body shots in the corner. Ziggler whips Cena hard into the corner and he goes down.
They trade pin attempts. Cena comes back with right hands and the bulldog. Cena with a 2 count. Ziggler tries to fight out but Cena hits a standing suplex for another pin attempt. Ziggler comes back and splashes Cena for another 2 count. Ziggler drops an elbow for another try. Ziggler drops Cena and shows off, dancing around the ring. Cena blocks a dropkick and catapults Ziggler into the corner. Cena unloads but runs into an elbow. Ziggler distracts the referee while Big E gets on the apron and lays Cena out. Ziggler with a 2 count. We go back to commercial.
Back from the break and Ziggler has Cena in a headlock as AJ looks on. Ziggler does the headstand and turns it into a bridge, still holding the submission. Ziggler does it again but Cena stands up with him on his back. Cena slams Ziggler and again. AJ gets on the apron and distracts the referee. Ziggler dropkicks Cena for a close 2 count. Ziggler drops a bunch of elbow drops for another pin attempt. Ziggler chokes Cena on the ropes now. AJ gets up and slaps Cena. The referee sends AJ and Big E to the back.
Dolph throws a fit but here comes Cena with the shoulder tackles and slam. Cena goes for the Five Knuckle Shuffle but Ziggler blocks it and hits Zig Zag for a close 2 count. Ziggler misses a splash and Cena slams him. Cena hits the Five Knuckle Shuffle and goes for the Attitude Adjustment. Ziggler blocks it and lays Cena out for 2. Ziggler misses a superkick and Cena trips him. Ziggler counters the STF and plants Cena with a big DDT for 2. Ziggler goes to the top and waits for Cena to get up. Cena catches the crossbody, rolls through and stands up with Ziggler in his arms. Ziggler counters the AA with a superkick but Cena barely kicks out. Ziggler mounts Cena with right hands now. They trade shots in the middle of the ring. Ziggler goes for the sleeper and Cena starts to go down but fights back. Cena shoves Ziggler off of his back but the referee gets hit and falls to the floor. Cena blocks Ziggler and applies the STF but there is no referee. Big E runs down and breaks the STF. Big E scoops Cena up and lays him out with his finisher. Big E puts Ziggler's arm on top of Cena and runs off. Another referee runs down but it's been a while and Cena kicks out at 2. Cena nails the AA for the win.
Winner: John Cena
- Cole hypes the TLC Match for the WWE Title as Cena celebrates. Also still to come tonight - The Rock.
WWE Divas Title Match: Kaitlyn vs. Eve Torres
We go to the ring and out comes WWE Divas Champion Eve Torres. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Kaitlyn is now in the ring. The bell rings and here we go with the title on the line. They lock up and go at it. Eve takes Kaitlyn down first for a 1 count. Kaitlyn turns it into a head scissors. Eve takes Kaitlyn back down and works on her leg. Kaitlyn turns it around again and takes Eve to the corner. Eve points out Kaitlyn's untied boots and the referee makes her tie them. Eve takes advantage and kicks Kaitlyn in the head. Eve unloads and works Kaitlyn over.
Eve chokes Kaitlyn from the top turnbuckle and drops her before waving to the crowd. Eve with another neck hold on the mat now. Kaitlyn catches her in a big sideslam for a 2 count. Kaitlyn with a big shoulder block and an inverted DDT for a close 2 count. Kaitlyn with an uppercut and kick to the face. Kaitlyn gets blocked and Eve runs out of the ring. Kaitlyn brings her back in but Eve runs out the other side. Eve grabs her title and runs off but Kaitlyn chases her. Eve runs through the crowd but Kaitlyn just watches from the barrier. Eve is counted out as Kaitlyn watches from the turnbuckles now.
Winner by Count Out: Kaitlyn
- Up next is Team Hell No vs. Rhodes Scholars. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Santino Marella is backstage talking to Ricky Steamboat about his WrestleMania match against Randy Savage. Wade Barrett walks in, interrupts and insults them both. Barrett says the Intercontinental Title now means something again. Barrett says Steamboat is just an old man blowing smoke and walks off. Steamboat asks Santino if he can be in his corner tonight. Steamboat says Barrett is going to find out how much smoke he can blow.
- Matt Striker is backstage with Randy Orton talking about the Royal Rumble. Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal and Drew McIntyre interrupt. They say one of them will win the Rumble and main event WrestleMania. Orton asks which of them will face him tonight. Slater tells him to pick his poison. Orton picks Slater.
Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow vs. Kane and Daniel Bryan
We go to the ring and out come WWE Tag Team Champions Kane and Daniel Bryan for a non-title match. The team of Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow are out next after commercial.
Kane and Rhodes are going at it as we come back from commercial. Kane works Rhodes over and in comes Sandow. Bryan tags in for a bit of double teaming and a 2 count. Bryan works on the arm and takes Sandow to the mat. Cody tags in but Bryan drops him. Bryan with several kicks to the chest. Bryan misses a big kick but suplexes Cody for a 2 count. Bryan with a big uppercut. Bryan runs into an elbow and Cody turns it around. Sandow comes back in and stomps away on Bryan.
More tags between Sandow and Rhodes as they keep Bryan in their corner. Sandow with the leg sweep and Elbow of Disdain. Sandow with a headlock now. Bryan tries to fight out but can't. Bryan leapfrogs and tags in Kane. Kane drops Sandow and goes to the top. Kane slips on the top rope but fights Sandow off and hits the big right hand. Kane with a right for Cody also. Kane drops Sandow with a big boot for a 2 count. Kane with a clothesline in the corner. And another. Kane with the big sideslam and a 2 count. Sandow rolls to the floor to regroup but Bryan charges off the apron and decks him with a knee to the head. Bryan rolls Sandow back in and kicks him several times in the corner. Bryan comes off the top rope but lands bad on his knee and hold sit. Cody comes in and goes right to work on Bryan's knee. They double team Bryan and work on his leg. Kane comes over and takes down Sandow. Cody dropkicks Kane back into the barrier. Bryan rolls Cody up out of nowhere for 2. Cody goes back to working on Bryan's knee and hits Cross Rhodes for the non-title win.
Winners: Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes
- Still to come tonight, The Rock's return. We see footage from earlier of Cena vs. Ziggler. Cole and Jerry Lawler plug the TLC Match for the WWE Title.
- We see Randy Orton walking backstage as we go back to commercial.
Heath Slater vs. Randy Orton
Back from the break and 3MB are in the ring. Out next comes Randy Orton to a big pop. They lock up and Orton drops Slater with a shoulder. Orton blocks a hip toss and clotheslines Slater for 2. Orton with shots in the corner now.
Orton ends up getting thrown to the floor. He fights back at Slater and drops Mahal and McIntyre. They eventually get the best of him as the referee is distracted by Slater. Slater brings it back in the ring for a 2 count. More back and forth action. Slater takes control now. Slater with a reverse neckbreaker for a close 2 count. Slater goes to the top but Orton knocks him off. Orton climbs up and nails a superplex on Slater. Orton with a pair of clotheslines now. Orton hits the powerslam and kicks Mahal off the apron. McIntyre goes down also. Orton turns around and blocks Slater. Orton takes Slater to the apron and hits the second rope DDT. Orton readies for the RKO and nails it for the win.
Winner: Randy Orton
- After the match, Mahal and McIntyre attack Orton but they also catch RKO's.
Wade Barrett vs. Santino Marella
Back from the break and WWE Intercontinental champion Wade Barrett waits in the ring as Santino Marella comes out with Ricky Steamboat in his corner. Barrett drops Santino early and unloads on him. Barrett with a suplex and a 2 count, then a headlock. Santino makes an effort but Barrett gets the win with his elbow.
Winner: Wade Barrett
- After the match, Barrett goes to attack Santino again but Steamboat comes in. Barrett exits without attacking him and laughs.
- Striker is backstage with Sheamus talking about the Rumble. 3MB walk up and have words with him. They say Randy Orton got lucky tonight. Sheamus proposes they go sing a song together and whoever is left standing after a Brogue gets to sing Danny Boy.
- We see the tables, ladders and chairs around the arena as the announcers hype Punk vs. Ryback. Back to commercial.
The Great Khali vs. Antonio Cesaro
Back from the break and The Great Khali is in the ring with Natalya and Hornswoggle. The Miz is on commentary as WWE United States Champion Antonio Cesaro makes his way out for a non-title match. They go at it and Khali drops Cesaro with a big chop. Khali works Cesaro over in the corner now. Khali with an elbow and a big chop. Khali with another big chop to the chest. Khali clotheslines Cesaro to the floor and he yells at Hornswoggle. Khali brings Cesaro over the ropes and continues the offense. Cesaro pulls Khali down over the top rope and goes to work on the leg.
Cesaro continues working on Khali's leg now. Khali kicks him back and drops him with a big chop. Khali gets up and Cesaro runs into a big elbow then a big boot. Khali with a pair of clotheslines. Khali goes for the Punjabi Plunge but Cesaro stops it. Cesaro with an uppercut. Cesaro springboards off the ropes with a corkscrew elbow and drops Khali. Cesaro hits a big Neutralizer for the win.
Winner: Antonio Cesaro
- Paul Heyman is backstage when Brad Maddox walks up. Heyman says he doesn't want Maddox in his life at all. Maddox yells at Heyman and asks him who the hell he thinks he is. Maddox says Heyman won't talk to him that way. Maddox says he can be of service to Heyman and CM Punk. Maddox has his referee shirt with him tonight and says he thought about suggesting to Vickie Guerrero that he referee the match. Heyman doesn't want Maddox talking to Vickie or Maddox. Heyman tells Maddox to go away and threatens him. Heyman walks off.
We go to the ring and out comes Sheamus before we go back to commercial.
Back from the break and 3MB is at ringside. Jinder and Sheamus go at it. Sheamus with a headlock takedown first. Jinder fights out of the corner and applies a headlock. Jinder drops Sheamus with a shoulder. Sheamus grabs Jinder by his nose and then drops him with a shoulder. Sheamus with a kick to the rear.
More comedy stuff from Sheamus. Jinder goes to his partners on the floor but Sheamus hits him with forearms to the chest on the apron. Sheamus pulls McIntyre up next and gives him 10 forearms to the chest also. Sheamus kicks Jinder in the head. Drew distracts Sheamus. Sheamus turns around to a big knee from Mahal and gets sent out to the floor. Sheamus fights off Slater and Drew on the floor but gets taken down. Mahal brings Sheamus back in the ring and works him over. Jinder with a neckbreaker for a 2 count. Sheamus fights out and rams Jinder into the corner. Sheamus with a high knee. Slater gets on the apron and Sheamus brings him in the ring. Sheamus throws Slater into Mahal and clotheslines them both to the floor. Sheamus comes out and brings Jinder back in. Sheamus drops Drew with a Brogue on the floor. Slater catches one also. Sheamus goes back in and hits White Noise on Jinder followed by the Brogue for the win.
- Up next is the TLC Match for the WWE Title. Cole leads us to a video package for the match.
TLC Match for the WWE Title: Ryback vs. CM Punk
We see the WWE Title hanging high above the ring. Ladders, tables and chairs are everywhere as RAW goes back to commercial.
Back from the break and they show another recap of Cena vs. Ziggler from earlier. We go to the ring and out first comes WWE Champion CM Punk with Paul Heyman. Punk walks under a ladder, throws a chair and heads to the ring. Out next is Ryback to a big pop.
The bell rings and they lock up. Ryback takes Punk down and the Goldberg chants begin. Ryback kicks at Punk in the corner now. Punk goes to the floor for a breather but Ryback follows him. Punk kicks Ryback and hits him in the back with a steel chair. Ryback tackles Punk on the floor and unloads on him. Ryback continues the assault on the floor and grabs the steel chair. Ryback swings it but Punk ducks and kicks Ryback in the chest. Punk grabs the chair and hits Ryback while he's down. Ryback takes back control and hits Punk with forearms. They come back in the ring where the ladder waits. The crowd chants for tables. Ryback suplexes Punk, holds him in the air and drops him back on the ladder.
They go back to the floor with Ryback in control. He grabs half of the steel steps and decks Punk with it. Ryback slams the other half but Punk moves. Punk leaps off the steps and hits Ryback with a knee to the face. Punk unloads with the chair on Ryback's back now. Punk stands on the steps and poses with the chair as we go to commercial.
Back from the break and Ryback slams Punk with an Electric Chair from the corner. Ryback brings it back out of the ring and slams Punk. During the break, both men tried to climb the ladder. Ryback brings a table from under the ring and props it up on the fan barrier. Punk takes Ryback's leg out with a chair. Punk brings a table out from under the ring and sets it up at ringside. Ryback tosses Punk over top of the announcers table. Ryback takes the table top off and slams it on Punk several times. Ryback brings it back in the ring but Punk takes the leg out again. Punk stomps on Ryback's leg now.
Punk uses the chair on Ryback's leg while he's down. Punk puts Ryback's ankle in between the chair and goes to the second rope. Punk goes for a stomp but Ryback moves. Punk's knee buckles and Ryback unloads on him. Punk sells the injured knee and Ryback hits a spinebuster. Ryback gets the crowd hype and nails the Meathook clothesline. Ryback goes for Shell Shocked but Punk slides out and rolls out of the ring. Ryback goes for a spear but Punk side steps and Ryback spears a table in front of the fan barrier. Heyman yells at Punk to get up and go for the title.
Punk sets a ladder up and climbs for the title but here comes Ryback. Ryback knocks Punk to the floor and reaches for the title. Punk pushes the ladder over but Ryback lands on his feet. Ryback presses Punk high and drops him on the ladder. Ryback scoops Punk but Punk slides out and kicks him in the head. Punk sets the ladder up but it's twisted metal. He kicks Ryback again and tries to get the ladder to stand up straight. Punk with another high knee but Ryback catches him. Ryback throws Punk over the top rope and through a table. Ryback goes under the ring for another ladder and brings it in the ring.
Ryback climbs for the title but the lights go out. They come back on and he's fighting with Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose at the top of the ladder. He fights them off but Roman Reigns comes from behind. Ryback fights all three of them off and out of the ring. He goes back for the title but they attack him and knock him off. The Shield beat Ryback with chairs and take him outside of the ring. The crowd chants for The Rock. They manhandle Ryback and triple powerbomb him through a table onto steel steps. Punk starts to get up as Heyman talks to him. Ryback also starts to get up but he's hurt. Punk makes it in the ring and tries to crawl up the ladder. Punk pulls himself up the ladder with one arm. Ryback is still laid out on the outside. The crowd boos as Punk climbs up the ladder and laughs. Punk grabs the WWE Title and retains.
Winner: CM Punk
- Punk celebrates as Heyman looks on like a proud father. Ryback is still trying to recover on the outside. Cole plugs The Rock vs. CM Punk for the Royal Rumble. Back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Striker tries to get a word with Punk and Heyman. Punk says before The Rock can come open his mouth tonight, he's going to open his. Punk says he is the most dangerous man with a microphone in his hand. Punk says it's time to drop another pipebomb.
- Kane and Daniel Bryan are backstage. Kane asks how Bryan's knee is doing and Bryan blames their loss on him. They start arguing and Vickie Guerrero walks in. Vickie says next week they will have their follow up evaluations with Dr. Shelby. They argue about whether Dr. Shelby is a monster or a nerd.
- We see a replay of Big Show vs. Ricardo Rodriguez from last week. Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio is announced for Friday's SmackDown.
- Kofi Kingston vs. Big Show is up next after commercial.
Kofi Kingston vs. Big Show
We come back and the bell rings. They start brawling but Big Show connects with a knockout punch out of nowhere for a quick squash win.
Winner: Big Show
- Cole and Lawler hype Punk vs. Rock. We get a look back at RAW 1000 where CM Punk attacked The Rock. We see The Rock's dressing room before going back to commercial.
- Back from the break and out comes WWE Champion CM Punk with Paul Heyman right behind him. We see how Punk retained his title against Ryback earlier tonight.
Punk wipes a bit of blood on his shirt and faces the camera. He slips the WWE logo off the microphone and says the time has come to tell us something very personal. Punk says he keeps his ear to the ground and hears what everyone says. He says the word pipebomb has been misused. Punk says a pipebomb in its truest form is the truth, honesty. Punk says the fans lack honesty. Punk says he meant everything he said that night except the part about ice cream bars because the fans don't need anymore ice cream. Punk says he could have left but he made a conscious decision and sold out to, to the fans. Punk says to him, he cashed in. Punk says it doesn't matter if you're the best this or the best that in WWE, there is a glass ceiling and nobody is allowed to break it. Punk says that's the simple story of WWE - the more popular you are, the more money you make. Punk says that's why Cena gets title shots. Punk says that's why a serious grappler like Daniel Bryan puts a smile on his face and uses catchphrases. That's why a 400lb. monster named Brodus Clay gets in the ring to shuck and jive. That's why an invisible kid Little Jimmy is more of a fit on RAW than Tyson Kidd. Punk says the fans are falling for what he says right now. Punk says nobody has been able to achieve success without the fans until now, until when he showed up. Punk calls himself the most successful WWE Champion of all-time, not just the modern era. He says that's just a buzzword someone in the back wants to use, probably on a t-shirt. Punk says you don't get noticed until you move a few t-shirts around here. Punk says if he was in Bruno Sammartino's days, he would have been champ for 20 years also. Punk says you never saw Hulk Hogan wrestle TLC matches against guys like Ryback. Punk says their 30 years equal one of his. Punk says he is not successful because of the fans, he is successful in spite of the fans.
Punk rips the local fans and says he is a bad, bad man. Punk brings up Ric Flair, Edge and Shawn Michaels saying they did it for the fans and miss the fans. Punk says they are dishonest. Punk says he is the best in the world and the fans start chanting for The Rock. Punk says there are two types of people on earth - those born to be in the spotlight and those born to pay to see the people in the spotlight. Punk says he has never done this for any of us. Punk goes on and a crew member gets on the apron, telling Punk it's time for a commercial. Punk says we go to commercial when the champ wants to. Punk says The Rock is going to come out here and talk a whole lot but Punk has the most important thing to say right now - he tells everyone they don't matter and we cut to commercial.
We come back and Punk is still in the ring. He promises us that in one year he will still be WWE Champion. Punk goes on and says he doesn't care if The Rock is back. Punk starts calling the fans losers again and here comes The Rock to a big pop from the Tampa crowd.
The Rock hits the ring and poses in the turnbuckles as Punk looks on. The Rock says he waited until Punk had to say everything he had to say so he would know what kind of man he's facing at the Rumble. Rock says Punk is straight up delusional. Rock says Punk's reign is incredible but the real number isn't 414 days. The number that haunts Punk is 20 - 20 excuses running around Punk's mind, 20 hairs standing up on Punk's straight edge scrotum because in 20 days, Punk has to defend against The Rock. Rock says in 20 days, time is up. The crowd chants for Rock. Rock says Punk wanted a change and a revolution. Rock says Punk didn't reject the people, the people rejected Punk. Rock says Punk couldn't bring change or revolution. Rock says Punk couldn't even provide ice cream and couldn't if he had an ice cream truck drove straight up his ass.
Rock says the fans have voices and they love to use them. They're not voiceless. They use them every night and are going to use them to chant something tonight that will follow Punk for the rest of his life. Rock says the fans are going to chant Cookie Puss and they do. Punk tells the fans to bring it on. He tells them to be the puppets they are. Punk says the fans and Rock still don't get to win. Rock says the fans have already won. They won the moment The Rock woke up at 4am and sent out his early morning tweets, made his famous pancakes, went to the gym and drove through Alligator Alley so he could stand in the middle of the ring and proudly say The Rock has come back to Tampa.
Rock says after 10 long years, he's here to get the WWE Title. Rock says he has watched Punk's lying and backpedaling. Rock says for someone who claims to be straight edge, he runs around here looking like Popeye on crack. The crowd chants cookiepuss again. Rock says Punk became WWE Champion but also became the biggest jerk the world has ever seen. Rock says when he's here, Punk better never say the people don't matter. Rock says the people matter and have always mattered. Rock says Punk doesn't matter. Punk tries to talk but Rock says it doesn't matter if he doesn't matter. Rock says there is no way, and he means no way, that Punk can stop him from becoming WWE Champion at the Rumble. They circle each other and lock eyes now.
Punk says he's glad Rock is back. He doesn't care what his schedule is or how often he works. Punk says he can still kick Rock's ass. Punk says any time Rock decides to come back, he's going to kick his ass. Punk says he is like nobody Rock has ever faced before. Punk gets in Rock's face and says he will kick his ass at the Rumble because he's the best in the world, the best guy Rock has ever stepped in the ring with. Punk says Rock bit off more than he can chew. Punk says he's in the big leagues and swinging for the fence. Punk says Rock's jabs and insults are kiddie games. Punk says Rock's arms are too short to box with God at the Rumble. They staredown for a minute. Rock says Punk is going one on one with The Great One. Rock says he knows how bad and tough Punk is. Rock says last time they were in the ring, Rock caught a GTS and went out cold. Rock says he was hurt and embarrassed. In 20 days, time is up. Until then, Rock wants Punk to go home and look in the mirror, strip naked, not concentrate on his cookiepuss and focus on his backside. Rock tells Punk to find a spot on his body that's not covered with ugly tattoos. Rock wants Punk to get different candy bars tattooed on his right cheek and The Rock's boot on his left cheek as a reminder. Rock stops and drops Punk with a Rock Bottom. The crowd pops and cheers for The Rock as Punk escapes to the floor. The Rock's music hits as he yells at Punk about 20 days and the WWE Title. Punk stands up and smiles. RAW goes off the air with The Rock making a motion for the title around his waist.
- When RAW cut to commercial during CM Punk's pipebomb promo last night, a WWE App video shows that he went to ringside, got a chair and brought it back in the ring to take a seat while the crowd chanted "you suck." Punk stayed silent until RAW came back from the break.
Interesting name returning at next week's RAW Posted by Roscoe De Soto on 01/07/2013 at 04:23 PM
Former WWE Women's Champion Madusa (then known as Alundra Blaze) posted the following on Twitter (@Madusa_rocks) today:
"Houston this saturday for monster jam and WWE Monday nite raw!"
Her return should be interesting since she didn't exactly leave WWE on the best terms. Her WWE departure was infamous because she abruptly showed up on WCW Nitro one night and dumped the WWE Women's Title in the trash.
According to WWE, here are the confirmed dates
for The Rock in January and February:
* January 7th RAW from Tampa
* January 8th SmackDown tapings from Miami * January 14th RAW from Houston
* January 21st RAW from San Jose
* January 22nd SmackDown tapings from Sacramento * January 27th Royal
Rumble pay-per-view from Phoenix * January 28th RAW from Las Vegas *
February 11th RAW from Nashville * February 12th SmackDown from Little Rock
* February 17th Elimination Chamber pay-per-view * February 18th RAW
from Lafayette, LA
Ik ben Boon Kenneth, en gebruik soms ook wel de schuilnaam Sting.
Ik ben een man en woon in Dworp (Belgie) en mijn beroep is .
Ik ben geboren op 05/06/1989 en ben nu dus 30 jaar jong.
Mijn hobby's zijn: Worstelen en films.
Druk op onderstaande knop om een berichtje achter te laten in mijn gastenboek