- Ranjin Singh, the former mouthpiece of The Great Khali, has been removed from the SmackDown Superstars page on WWE.com. His profile now resides in the Alumni section. He has not appeared on WWE programming since being attacked by The Punjabi Giant on the May 27, 2011 SmackDown. He remains with the organization as the head creative writer for Raw SuperShow.
ECW Original Announces He's Retiring From The Ring Posted by Andy Steven on 05/12/2012 at 08:09 AM
Axl Rotten has declared that he's done with in-ring competition. Rotten, who beat Balls Mahoney at Extreme Reunion and was injured in a car wreck when he fell asleep while driving home from the show, posted the following to his Facebook:
This is very easy to say. No tearful videos or thank you's. I had fun wrestling Balls Mahoney at Extreme Reunion. I will keep my thoughts on the other matches and event as a whole to myself. I think I'm done. I had 24 yrs doing what I love. I'm not going to wrestle another match. Thanks for the ride. It ended in a bang....Literally.- Axl Rotten
Mr. Anderson Interview: Jeff Hardy, His TNA run, Turning heel and face
Mr. Anderson was interviewed recently by Slam Wrestling about his upcoming participation in TNA Sacrifice 2012, and his time in the company.
On his match with Jeff Hardy:
"I think every encounter I have with Jeff is significant, I'm dealing with a guy who is, in my opinion, a living legend and is probably one of the youngest living legends we have in our business. He's somebody I completely looked up to when I was coming up through the ranks and I still do. We're all still fans of the wrestling business, we're the biggest fans out there. I'm a fan of Jeff Hardy. We're very competitive. We like each other, so that's always a challenge to wrestle each other when you're getting along, but I always enjoy getting in the ring with Jeff."
On changing back and forth from heel to face:
"There are things I wish could've been done a little bit differently, I probably wouldn't have chosen to make the switch so many times. I think last year I turned four or five times, maybe. It was a little hard for me to wrap my head around, but things have changed."
On wether he has any regrets from his TNA run:
"It's the wrestling business, you never know what to expect, you never expect anything and I came to learn that pretty early on in my career. They say believe half of what you see and none of what you hear in the wrestling business and I think that's pretty true. I've been pretty happy with the way things have gone in TNA. There's always room for improvement and I always look back at every single match and I don't recall a single one in the history of my career where I've sat back and said, 'That match was great, I love that match.' There's always something I'm critical of and I think you'll find that with most actors, athletes and most people who are just competitive in nature."
On his involvement with creative:
"...I don't take part in any of the creative, I don't want to be a part of that. I don't want to be one of those guys that sits in on the meetings and then books himself to do certain things. I try to just do what I'm told to the best of my ability. I'm a performer. I take what they give me and try to make the most out of it. I can always be better."
"I just try to go out there and give them the best show possible and the best performance, hopefully they see, through my work and my work ethic, that I'm somebody they can put their faith in and put the company behind."
Official Announcement On WWE Moving NXT Posted by Andy Steven on 05/11/2012 at 11:35 PM
Full Sail University issued the following announcement:
WWE and Full Sail University are combining forces to make entertainment history! The WWE franchise NXT is moving full-time to Full Sail University and Thursday, May 17th, 2012 will be its inaugural event. A powerhouse night of hard-hitting action returns to the Full Sail Live Venue as WWE invades the Full Sail University campus!
The night will feature a special appearance by WWE’s own Triple H and includes a WWE Superstar Showdown with World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus going against Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight Championship and Kofi Kingston and R-Truth going against Epico and Primo for the World Tag Team title!
Want to sit ringside? Wear your favorite WWE shirt and bring your most creative wrestling sign and you could find yourself closer to the action than you ever imagined.
This event is free to all Full Sail students and staff with a valid Full Sail ID. Please send your ticket request to email@example.com for tickets!
Details On John Cena's Divorce; Cena A "Wreck" Posted by Andy Steven on 05/11/2012 at 07:27 AM
According to a new report on TMZ.com, John Cena has been a "wreck" and "miserable" over his marriage behind the scenes for months, leading up to him filing for divorce from his high school sweetheart. Sources told TMZ, Cena was not shy about discussing his problems at home while hanging out backstage before WWE events.
Cena complained that his relationship with his wife Liz Huberdeau began to deteriorate shortly after they got married in 2009. Arguing between the couple began to escalate in the last few months, including spats over the remodeling of their Florida home.
Just 2 months before he filed for divorce, Cena was seen kissing his wife on Raw in Boston during the WrestleMania build-up on March 5, which was in the midst of their escalating problems.
TMZ reached out to Cena for a comment on the story, but he has not responded.
- Sheamus and Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho and Alberto Del Rio ended in a DQ. A big brawl broke out and referees came out to separate the four players in the Over The Limit Fatal Four Way match.
- A.J. def. Kaitlyn. A.J. destroyed her. Daniel Bryan came out and saw A.J. in a new light. He said that after he wins the WWE Championship, he’s moving on to Kaitlyn.
- Daniel Bryan def. Big Show via John Laurinaitis’s ruling. Laurinaitis interrupted the match and called it in favor of Bryan, claiming Big Show tapped. Laurinaitis then ordered Big Show to apologize again.
- Ryback def. Heath Slater. Before the match, Heath Slater came out and talked crap about Ryback. He called him a caveman with a peanut brain. Ryback came out and squashed him.
- Antonio Cesaro (w/Aksana) def. Alex Riley. Teddy Long handled the introductions. Aksana told Long that they are just friends, but she is lovers with Cesaro. Aksana and Cesaro made out in front of Long after the match.
- Randy Orton fought Alberto Del Rio to an apparent double DQ. Ricardo interrupted Orton as he was preparing for the match. He jumped from the top rope and was RKO’d. The match was thrown out. Del Rio applied the cross arm breaker after the match.
- Titus O’Neil and Darren Young def. Zack Ryder and Santino Marella. Titus and Young ranted about being the next WWE Tag Champions.
- Matt Striker interviewed Damien Sandow and asked him why he didn’t compete. Sandow spoke about being a savior to the masses and a light of beacon for enlightenment.
- Brodus Clay def. Hunico (w/Camacho). Hunico and Camacho attacked Clay. Brodus came back and went Funkadellic and got the win.
- Sheamus def. Chris Jericho by DQ. Alberto Del Rio interfered for hte DQ. Randy Orton ran out. Del Rio took finishers from the babyfaces, and Jericho ran away. Sheamus and Orton spoke face-to-face. Sheamus left.
According to WrestleZone.com, TNA has run through all of Matt Morgan’s contractual dates with the organization, and therefore creative ran the injury angle on Impact Wrestling last night to write him off TV. Sources have also confirmed to WZ that WWE has shown a high degree of interest in re-signing Morgan upon the expiration of his contract later this year. It's worth noting that during an exclusive interview conducted for Pro Wrestling Torch last month, Morgan did say that he would not rule out a potential return to WWE.
Jeremy Borash made an appearance at last night's Resistance Pro TV tapings to announce the main event and revealed that Jay Bradley (former WWE wrestler Ryan Braddock) will be getting a TNA tryout in 2 weeks. That would make Jay Bradley the third Resistance Pro wrestler to get a TNA tryout this month, after Steven Walters and John Skyler had a tryout match at TNA's latest television tapings.
Brooke Tessmacher Talks Knockouts Title Match At Sacrifice, What it Would Mean to Win, More
Diva Dirt interview with Brooke Tessmacher Full interview available at Diva-Dirt.com
On this being the biggest match of her career so far: "This is by far the biggest match of my career. I don’t want to take away from winning the tag belts with Tara, the glory that I felt when I won that, but this is me proving that I can stand alone, that I don’t need a crutch and actually showcasing all of what Tara has taught me in the ring. All it took was her believing in me and my fans that have been there the whole time. I can’t tell you how satisfied I am to finally go out there and prove myself."
On how she plans to use Gail's wedding this week to her advantage: "I hope she’s still in the honeymoon stage from her wedding and still celebrating, or hasn’t worked off all that cake yet. I hope she’s distracted so I can come in there and whoop her ass!"
On what winning the Knockouts Title would mean to her: "It means to me that [I’ve finally] proven to the people that doubted me, or people that go, ‘Oh she’s just a model’ or ‘Oh she’s just gonna come and go’ - it’s gonna prove that I’m here to stay. It’s going to prove that I am a real threat. It’s going to prove that I am a threat in the Knockouts division and all of those girls should worry every time they step in the ring with me. And it’s going to prove that I’m finally a real professional wrestler. That I’m not just a model."
Bobby Roode comes to the ring and brags about how he will soon be the longest reigning TNA World Champion in history. Rob Van Dam, then Mr. Anderson and then Jeff Hardy all come to the ring and attack Roode. There is also some infighting between Anderson and Hardy as well. Hulk Hogan announces a 4-Way Match tonight with the winner getting something special. If Anderson or Hardy win they take RVD’s spot on Sunday. If Roode wins then he chooses his opponent on Sunday. If RVD wins then he gets to pick the stipulation for Sunday’s match.
-Brooke Tessmacher defeated Velvet Sky. After the match, Tessmacher was attacked by Gail Kim.
-We are about to get Matt Morgan vs Crimson when Bully Ray attacked Morgan on his way to the ring. He attacks Morgan with a chair resulting in him having to be stretchered out. Crimson forces the referee to Count Morgan out which means he is still undefeated.
-Austin Aries defeated Zema Ion to retain the X Division Title.
-Kazarian and Daniels came to the ring and called out AJ to admit his secret. AJ eventually came out but didn’t admit anything saying there wasn’t anything on him. Daniels and Kazarian then revealed a series of photos one of which was AJ Styles and Dixie Carter kissing. The segment ended with AJ in shock.
-Devon beat Robbie E to retain the TV Title. After the match Robbie T attacked Devon.
-Joseph Park comes to the ring and talks about his search for his brother. He calls out Bully Ray who obliges. Park has a few words for Ray but ends up eating a punch ending the segment.
-Rob Van Dam defeated Bobby Roode, Mr. Anderson and Jeff Hardy in a Fatal 4-Way Match. Afterwards he pulled out a Ladder indicating a Ladder Match at Sacrifice. As RVD was posing on top of the ladder, flames shot out of the stage and Abyss returned. He spoke on the mic about how his little brother shouldn’t play with fire or else he would get burned.
-Samoa Joe defeated Kazarian. Magnus and Daniels were with their respective partners.
MMA Uncensored Live With Dixie Carter & King Mo Lawal Recap
TNA president Dixie Carter, Bellator Fighting Championship's CEO Bjorn Rebney, and their new co-signee King Mo Lawal appeared on Spike TV's Uncensored Live on Thursday. The following are the highlights.
- King Mo was asked about the falling out with Zuffa/UFC. Mo said it was simply a case of one door closing and two doors opening.
- Dixie said she's been vocal in wanting an MMA and TNA crossover athlete. She said she ran into resistance "finding the head of a company that saw the potential in this."
- Carter was asked about King Mo's steroid suspension. "I've heard the story and I completely support where he's at. We drug test as well. I'm the only head of a wrestling company that's gone and testified in front of Congress about illegal steroid use. I feel completely confident with our testing, he'll be the most tested person in both of our sports and he'll be fine with that."
- Mo said he's fine with that. He said went through drug testing from 2005 to 2009. "I'm an open book."
- Carter said King Mo will debut in TNA first. He won't fight for Bellator until they debut on Spike TV next year. "The most important thing is his health," Carter said. "Once he's healthy we'll make a decision on when he debuts with us, but the key thing is to get him healthy."
- Carter confirmed that King Mo could technically wrestle for them tomorrow despite his steroid suspension by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
- Dixie said that Kurt Angle might be the only person in MMA or pro wrestling that can compete with King Mo's amateur wrestling accomplishments.
- Carter and Rebney wrapped up their role on the show before the commercial break.
- Mo was asked about Zuffa. "They're alright if you like working long days in the hot field, begging for water," he said with a smile. "In Bellator, I'm in the AC sipping cold lemonade, getting massages. It's a big difference. I think Zuffa has so many people that they look at their fighters are just numbers, which is cool, it's a business, they're trying to make money. But I feel like Bellator is a lot closer family and the people are more personable."
- Mo was asked whether a TNA or Bellator title would be more important. "Whichever one I win first is the most important win," he said. "You have to pay your dues (in wrestling). I have to go to Ohio Valley to work on my in-ring skills, to chain wrestle. You can't just throw somebody out there and be like, 'Hey, perform, you get the belt. You have to put in the hours and the days and years to perfect your craft." He said he thinks it could take him a year to two years before he wins the TNA Title.
- Mo claims he took a supplement that was available on the market until 2009 and that led to his failed drug test.
- Mo was asked to name his favorite wrestlers. He listed Ric Flair, Booker T, and The Great Muta.
Conference Call Report: More On TNA & Bellator Announcing The Signing Of King Mo Lawal
- Here are notes from today's joint conference call from TNA Wrestling and Bellator Fighting Championships. You can listen to full audio of the call at this link
* TNA's Dixie Carter and Bellator's Bjorn Rebney will be on hand for the call.
* David Swartz from Spike TV starts off the call to welcome us, and then introduces Kevin Kay, who then introduces TNA's Dixie Carter and Bellator's Bjorn Rebney and Kin Mo Lawal.
* Mo will join TNA this summer, and then join Bellator in 2013 when the promotion moves to Spike TV. They feel that Spike was in a great place to make this deal, and then he puts over Mo as a great personality and athlete..
* Bjorn says he is very excited to make the announcement today, and compliments King Mo, Kevin Kay and Dixie Carter. They say that the deal is a first of its kind, as Mo looks to dominate both companies at one time. He also puts over the work that Spike did to help put this all together.
* Dixie says she is excited as well. She has been looking for an opportunity like this, and King Mo is the right guy. She says it is a big potential vision, and says she has a great relationship with Bjorn and Kevin Kay.
* Mo says this is a dream come true for him, and is almost speechless and had a hard time sleeping. He gets to knock people out in the cage and then hit people with chairs in the ring.
* We go to questions.
* First question is what are the plans for Mo and what training ha she done for pro wrestling. Mo says that he doesn't have a lot of experience. He did go to OVW for a week, and he learned a lot from there. He worked with Mark Henry and John Morrison while there. He also saw terrible guys like Nathan Jones. Dixie says he is committed, and he will go to OVW for seasoning. She mentions Kurt Angle being excited about the signing and that Mo will work on the road.
* When asked about Bellator, Mo say she will enter the LHW tournament in 2013, and his knee is healing well. As far as wrestling and fighting at the same time, he is a workhorse and will do whatever is asked.
* Bjorn is asked about MMA fans shunning the MMA and wrestling relationship. Bjorn says the fanbase is shared on Spike TV. He trusts the MMA fanbase and feels Mo can transcend both demographics.
* They ask Mo about returning to Zuffa, and he says the door closed for that. He won't wait, he got a good deal and took it.
* Mo is asked about waiting for other deals, and he says he could have waited for Zuffa, but he just took the deal that was given to him. He refused to wait around. When asked about the difference between the deal with Mo and Bobby Lashley, she says Lashey did a short stint with them and they weren't working on the MMA end. She has no concerns because Mo is such a great athlete and she doesn't think anyone else could pull it off. Bjorn puts over the synergy with Spike and TNA. Dixie says they will play out his MMA life on TNA TV.
* When asked about his finishing move Mo says he is still thinking about that.
* Mo discusses the deal and the terms of his deal. He says it is simply better, and will not go into particulars, but is happy to be seen by more people. He says the deal is "long." He says Zuffa knew about the deal. He is equally excited to debut for both. But really wants to hit someone with a chair. When asked about the beef with Rampage, he is asked if Spike should sign him for a fight, he agrees, but doesn't know what he will do.
* Kevin Kay says that there will be a lot of promotion between TNA and Bellator, and may even look for more cross over stars. He also says that they could develop other projects with TNA and Bellator stars. When asked if Bellator and TNA may share the same night, Kay is non-committal, but says they will continually look at all opportunities. They have a lot of plans to promote Mo. No other fighter will get the exposure that Mo will begetting.
* Bjorn reiterates that Mo is the perfect fit for this type of deal. He feels that Mo is "the king" to rule both realms. Dixie puts over Mo as an established MMA guy, and again, feels he is perfect for the deal. Bjorn is asked about guys like Rampage and Josh Barnett if they could also do this type of thing, and if they could pursue them. They plan to focus on Mo, due to him being a die-hard fan of wrestling.
* Mo is asked if he has any concerns, and feels that he can do both. Dixie says it will be hard, but believes he can do it.
* Kevin Kay says Mo's deal is NOT with Spike, but individual deals with TNA and Bellator.
* Dixie and Bjorn say that there is no issue with Mo doing wrestling while under suspension form the athletic commission. The goal is to have Mo rehab from his knee injury and staph infection.
* They are asked about a co-promoted show with both MMA and wrestling, but Kay says they will be kept separate.
* Dave Batista is discussed about being brought in, and Dixie Carter says Dave is great, but they have had no discussions.
* When asked about fan backlash, Mo says if they are fans of him, they will support him in both ventures.
* Mo says this is a dream come true. He thought he lost the dream when he turned down his WWE deal. Mo then puts over the Bellator LHW division. He says Bellator is stacked with talent, and is only worried about himself and taking care of business.
* Mo says he will fight at any weight he can make, because he is a MONEY WEIGHT fighter.
* When asked about a TNA debut, Dixie says he has to get healthy first but when that happens, he will be brought in and the training will begin. Mo doesn't have a date at this time when he will be cleared.
* Bjorn says he and Dixie have been discussing a deal like this for almost a year.
* King Mo discusses that he prayed for Sting to win the Clash of the Champions bout against Ric Flair and was devastated with the time limit draw.
* Dixie has kept he signing a secret, but has talked a lot to Mo about his role in the company.
* Kevin Kay says they aren't involved in who they should sign, just how they need to market the products, and the will have fun marketing Mo for both companies.
* Mo says he would love to work with Ric Flair, and jokes about Space Mountain. He also mentions Sting and says he will beat down Kurt Angle. But honestly, he is happy to work with everyone in TNA.
* Mo is excited for the package deal, and is jus happy to live the dream. He plans to focus on recovery better, more ice baths and simply taking care of himself. He loves to fight, and to stay busy, and loves the Bellator tournament format. He will prove himself by winning the LHW tournament.
* Bjorn is not worried about people thinking that Mo fights will be a work, he knows MMA fans, and feels that they are smart enough to know better.
* Dixie is asked when Mo will be introduced to the TNA audience, and she says they will not do it too early. They need to do it the right way, and have to see how his rehab is going before that is thought about.
* Bjorn says that Mo will be in the LHW tournament, and that will be in January of 2013 on Spike TV.
* They ask if Mo may use his talking ability and join commentary before his full debut. Dixie says it is possible, but again, they do not want to rush him. Dixie adds that they want to chronicle his journey to TNA. Bjorn says Mo will be on Friday's Bellator show tomorrow and fans can meet him life. He will appear on the broadcast as well. Mo will be on MMA Uncensored Live tonight with Bjorn and Dixie.
* Mo is asked about doing commentary during his recovery, and he says he is open to doing it, but he wants to fight and wrestle.
* Mo is asked about learning catch wrestling and moves that will cross over, and he says that is the case.
Official Announcement On King Mo Signing With Bellator And TNA
Former Light Heavyweight Champ to Fight for Bellator in 2013 And Join the Stars of TNA Wrestling This Summer
In an unprecedented move – one of the biggest names in mixed martial arts, “King Mo” Lawal, has signed a deal to compete in Spike TV’s two major sports properties, Bellator Fighting Championships and TNA’s IMPACT Wrestling. King Mo will join the stars of TNA this summer and resume his mixed martial arts career next year when Bellator Fighting Championships moves to Spike TV from its current television home, MTV2. The deal was jointly announced today by Kevin Kay, President, Spike TV along with Bjorn Rebney, Chairman & CEO, Bellator Fighting Championships and Dixie Carter, President, TNA Entertainment.
“King Mo is an incredible athlete and a great addition to the Bellator family. He immediately adds prominence and star-power to our light heavyweight division,” said Rebney.
“King Mo is the perfect athlete for this type of alliance. He is the real deal in MMA, and his bold personality and world class wrestling accomplishments are unparalleled. I’m confident he will have a major impact in both sports,” stated Carter.
Lawal (10-1-1) launched his mixed martial arts career in 2008, and after four straight wins, he faced off against his toughest challenge, renowned fighter Mark Kerr. King Mo knocked out Kerr in the first round, and eight months later he defeated Gegard Mousasi in a Light Heavyweight world title fight. Lawal also holds an impressive KO victory against multiple-time Brazilian jiu-jitsu world champion Roger Gracie in September 2011.
“This deal is a dream come true for me,” Lawal said. “Bjorn and Dixie have given me the opportunity to engage in my two great loves, mixed martial arts and professional wrestling, at the same time. And, to have it all on Spike TV is really Buttercream icing on a big ole cake – not that whipped cream stuff either!”
King Mo rose to grappling acclaim as a NCAA Division I All-American wrestler at Oklahoma State University in 2003 and a three-time U.S. National Champion (2005, 2006, and 2008) in the 84 kilogram division. In 2007, as a member of the U.S. National team, he brought home a gold medal at the Pan American Games and a silver medal at the World Cup.
A native of Murfreesboro, Tenn., Lawal lives in San Jose, Calif. and trains with the prominent American Kickboxing Academy.
MMA Fighter Reportedly Signs With TNA And MMA Promotion
According to Sherdog.com, former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Muhammed Lawal better known as "King Mo" is expected to sign with Both TNA and Bellator Fighting Championship in the near future. Mo is expected to both wrestle and fight at the same time.
This is not the first instance where TNA and Bellator are looking at co-promotion opportunities, As we reported earlier, Kid Kash is rumored to be fighting in Bellator as well. Lawal is currently serving a nine-month suspension handed to him by the Nevada Athletic Commission after he tested positive for the anabolic steroid Drostanolone following his Jan. 7
John Cena's Wife Seeking Huge Settlement Posted by Steve Carrier on 05/11/2012 at 12:43 AM
An article on the Miami Herald covering John Cena’s divorce stated that Cena is worth over $18 million. According to their piece, Cena’s soon-to-be-ex-wife Liz Huberdeau is seeking for a result similar to what Linda Hogan got in her divorce which was allegedly 70% of Hulk Hogan’s assets.
Cena and Huberdeau have a prenup that is said to include the ability to take back all gifts and presents.
TMZ: John Cena Files for Divorce from Wife Posted by Steve Carrier on 05/10/2012 at 03:49 PM
WWE star John Cena has filed for divorce.
Cena filed the docs in Florida, claiming his marriage to Liz Huberdeau is "irretrievably broken." John and Liz were high school sweethearts but only married three years ago. They have no children.
Now here's the kicker -- Liz has already hired high-powered Miami attorney Raymond Rafool, the same attorney who repped Linda Hogan during her divorce ... and took Hulk to the cleaners.
But it won't be easy -- according to the docs, Liz signed a crippling pre-nup in 2009.
Liz' lawyer has already released a statement, claiming, "Although it is indeed unfortunate that John Cena decided to divorce his high school sweetheart Liz Cena; particularly, after they have come so far in their lives and in his career together, Liz will and really has no choice but to pursue all of her rights and entitlements."
The attorney adds, "Sadly, divorce is not the way Liz thought her perfect love story would end."
UPDATE: Liz' attorney tells us, Cena blindsided her with the divorce filing. They had been having issues -- and Cena even approached her recently with a pre-divorce financial settlement agreement -- but Liz refused to sign it, convinced the relationship would still work out.
FYI -- It's not uncommon in celeb divorces to bring up pre-divorce settlement agreements because they help simplify otherwise messy splits.
What Led WWE To Terminating Goldust's Contract? Posted by Steve Carrier on 05/09/2012 at 10:00 AM
- As noted before, Goldust was recently released by WWE after working as a producer for the SmackDown brand. Word came out that an undisclosed incident at the April 24th SmackDown tapings in Grand Rapids, Michigan led to his contract being terminated.
F4Wonline.com now reports that the belief is that Goldust was responsible for coming up with the spot on SmackDown where Yoshi Tatsu took a double-team powerbomb finisher from Darren Young and Titus O'Neil. Tatsu landed bad and the bump was said to look even worse live than it did on TV.
Young and O'Neil were not in action on the May 4th SmackDown but did work this week's tapings, using a different finishing move.
We start off this week’s show with the Smackdown brand and your announcers are Matt Striker and Josh Mathews.
Match Number One: Ezekiel Jackson versus Drew McIntyre
They lock up and Jackson pushes Drew away. Zeke poses for Drew and then Drew with a kick and punch followed by a side head lock. Jackson escapes and applies a hammer lock. Drew with an elbow and head butt. Drew with a kick and punch to Jackson but Zeke with a back elbow and back body drop.
Jackson with a punch and forearm in the corner followed by an Irish whip but Drew with an elbow and a clothesline to the back of the head from the turnbuckles for a near fall. Drew kicks Jackson and then applies a Japanese Stranglehold. Jackson gets to his feet but Drew with a knee and forearm. McIntyre with a kick and clothesline in the corner.
Drew with a short arm clothesline out of the corner and he gets a near fall. Jackson with punches and an Irish whip. Drew runs into Jackson and goes down. Jackson with a punch and Irish whip followed by a running cltoehsline into the corner. Jackson with another clothesline into the corner and a splash to the back. Jackson sets for the torture rack but McIntyre uses the ropes to stay out of the hold.
Drew with a running boot to the head as the referee pulls Jackson out of the corner. McIntyre hits the Future Shock for the three count.
Winner: Drew McIntyre
We go to commercial.
Match Number Two: Alicia Fox versus Natalya
They lock up and Natalya works on the arm but Alicia with a reversal. Natalya with a reversal of her own and she sends Alicia to the mat to get a near fall. Alicia and Natalya exchange slaps and then they go to the floor.
Alicia with a forearm in the corner and then Alicia floats over but Natalya moves when Alicia tries for a boot in the corner and Natalya gets a near fall. Natalya gets a near fall. Natalya chokes Alicia in the ropes and then she stomps on the midsection.
Natalya tries for a suplex but Alicia counters with an inside cradle for a near fall. Natalya pulls the hair and applies an abdominal stretch. Natalya adds extra pressure by pulling Alicia’s other leg off the mat. Alicia escapes with an arm drag. Natalya with a back elbow. Alicia with a matrix move and head scissors.
Alicia with a back elbow from the turnbuckles followed by a Northern Lights suplex and bridge for a near fall. Natalya blocks the scissors kick and applies the Sharpshooter. She pulls Alicia into the center of the ring and Alicia taps out.
We go to commercial.
We are back with the Raw portion of the show and your announcers are Scott Stanford and Josh Mathews.
Hunico makes his way to the ring and he says that he is the future of the WWE along with Camacho.
Match Number Three: Hunico versus Tyson Kidd
They lock up and Kidd with a fireman’s carry into an arm bar. Hunico gets to the ropes and Kidd releases the hold. Hunico with a kick and forearm. Hunico with an Irish whip but Kidd with an elbow and head scissors take down. Kidd bounces off the ropes and arm drags Hunico. Kidd goes to the apron and Camacho distracts Kidd, allowing Hunico to trip Kidd.
Hunico with a slingshot senton for a near fall. Camacho with a punch when Hunico distracts the referee. Hunico with a sit out gourdbuster for a near fall. Hunico with a rear chin lock on Kidd. Kidd gets to his feet and he connects with an elbow but Hunico with a forearm and a back body drop from an arm bar for a near fall.
Hunico with a butterfly back breaker and Kidd rolls to the apron. Hunico gets a near fall. Hunico with a back elbow and he gets a near fall. Kidd with an arm drag and each man goes for a clothesline and they both go down. Hunico misses a clothesline in the corner when Kidd moves.
Kidd sends Hunico into the turnbuckles and then he hits a series of kicks. Kidd with a drop kick to the head for a near fall. Kidd with a kick and he goes to the apron. Kidd with a springboard elbow drop but Hunico kicks out. Kidd sets for the Dungeon Lock but Hunico with a rake of the eyes.
Kidd sends Hunico over the top rope to the floor. Kidd with a suicide dive but Camacho pushes Hunico out of the way. Hunico with a swinging neck breaker to Kidd on the floor and everyone is down.
Hunico rolls Kidd back in and then he goes up top for the Falling Star but misses. Kidd applies the Sharpshooter but Hunico gets to the ropes. Kidd misses a slingshot leg drop to the apron but Kidd with a shoulder. Kidd goes for a slingshot move and Hunico catches Kidd and hits an Olympic Slam for the three count.
We go to commercial.
We are back with the Raw Rebound.
Match Number Four: Zack Ryder and Santino Marella versus Curt Hawkins and Zack Ryder
Reks and Santino start things off. They lock up and Reks sends Santino to the mat. Reks with shoulders and then he avoids a punch from Santino. Reks with an atomic drop and he tags in Ryder while holding his rear end after the atomic drop.
Ryder wants Hawkins in and he emerges from the edge of the ring. Ryder works on the arm and applies a wrist lock. Hawkins with a reversal but Ryder with an arm drag. They fist bump before Hawkins applies a side head lock. Hawkins with a shoulder tackle. Ryder avoids an O’Connor roll and each try for a drop kick to a stalemate.
Hawkins slaps Ryder but Ryder punches Hawkins and sends him into the turnbuckles. Ryder with a short arm clothesline. Santino tags back in and he punches Hawkins. Santino with a suplex for a near fall. Santino with an arm bar and he tags Ryder back in. Ryder with an arm bar and he tags Santino back in and he punches Hawkins. Santino with a hip lock but Hawkins with a kick.
Santino with a back body drop and then he clotheslines Hawkins to the floor. Reks tries to attack Santino but he moves and Reks goes to the floor. Ryder with a flip dive onto Hawkins and Reks. We go to commercial.
We are back and Santino with a hammer lock to Hawkins. Hawkins with a snap mare and then he sends Santino into the turnbuckles and tags Reks in. Tyler with a kick to Santino followed by a short arm clothesline for a near fall. Reks with a rear chin lock but Santino with a split Stunner and Ryder tags in. Ryder with a running forearm but Reks with an Irish whip. Reks runs into boots from Ryder and Ryder hits the Broski Boot. Ryder waits for the Rough Ryder but Reks avoid him.
Ryder knocks Hawkins off the apron but Reks hits Ryder from behind and when the referee talks to Reks, Hawkins punches Ryder. Reks gets a near fall. Hawkins tags back in and he snap mares Ryder and applies a reverse chin lock. Santino tries to motivate Ryder and Ryder with a snap mare but Hawkins with a clothesline for a near fall.
Reks tags in and he hits a knee drop. Reks with punches to Ryder and Reks chokes Ryder in the ropes. Reks with a slam and a front face lock. Ryder tries to make the tag but Reks keeps Zack out of the corner. Ryder with a sunset flip but Hawkins makes the blind tag and hits Ryder from behind.
Hawkins with an Irish whip but Ryder with an elbow. Hawkins with an enzuigiri for a near fall. Reks tags back in and he stomps on the abdomen. Reks with an elbow to the head followed by punches. Reks with a chin lock but Ryder gets to his feet. Ryder with a kick but Reks with a power slam and he gets a near fall.
Hawkins tags in and he connects with an elbow drop. Ryder fights his way out of the corner and he sends Hawkins to the floor. Ryder crawls to his corner and makes the tag. Santino with punches and forearms followed by an arm drag and hip toss. Santino punches Hawkins but Hawkins with a kick. Reks tags in and Santino with a split and hip toss. Santino with a suplex for a near fall.
Ryder hits the Rough Ryder on Hawkins. Reks sends Ryder to the floor. Santino with a drop toe hold to Reks and then Santino goes for his sock and he hits the Cobra and gets the three count.
As seen on Monday's RAW Supershow, Paul Heyman returned and quit for Brock Lesnar, who he is representing in the storylines. At one point, Lesnar himself quitting was to be on last week's show but the angle got changed to Heyman doing it a week later. The actual angle with Heyman returning and quitting for Lesnar was changed over and over during the day. In all of the changes, any mention of a Lesnar and Triple H angle weren't until way into the second hour of the show.
The entire Lesnar vs. Triple H storyline is being kept secret and only a few people know where it's going - Vince McMahon, Stephanie McMahon, John Laurinaitis, Triple H, Lesnar and a few others. Even the WWE writing team isn't being let in on the direction.
Regarding the reported SummerSlam match, people in the company are being told that Triple H vs. Lesnar will not happen at WWE's August pay-per-view but sources report that it is still scheduled.
1. WWE Divas: Tamina def. Maxine 2. JTG def. Yoshi Tatsu. 3. Percy Watson & Tyson Kidd def. Johnny Curtis & Michael McGillicutty
WWE NXT results for 05/09/12 began with William Regal and Matt Striker discussing the firing of Curt Hawkins and Tyler Reks. They mentioned that the duo were there tonight. Reks and Hawkins came out saying they were recently hired as security for NXT. Regal mentioned they need to worry because they may get fired again.
Maxine defeated Tamina by submission in a divas match to start off the show.
JTG defeated Yoshi Tatsu by pinfall. JTG hit the Shoutout to get the win. He was accompanied to the ring by Alicia Fox and had a new look.
Percy Watson and Tyson Kidd defeated Michael McGillicutty and Johnny Curtis. Watson and Kidd got attacked by Reks and Hawkins
Jerry Lawler Talks on Being Straight Edge Posted by Steve Carrier on 05/08/2012 at 05:30 PM
TheScore's Arda Ocal (@arda_ocal) recently sat down with WWE Hall of Famer Jerry "The King" Lawler. During the interview, Lawler talks about never having a sip of alcohol, never smoking or doing drugs and did he ever feel pressure to do so being in an entertainment business,wrestling vs. announcing and much more. Here are some highlights of what "The King" said about:
How his illustrations gave him his break in pro wrestling:
“I sent the pictures into the TV station that aired the wrestling shows and lo and behold they showed my pictures on TV that week and they called me up for a job – you know how in a courtroom you see an artist drawing people on the stand, well I became a ringside artist for the wrestlers in the ring”
Never having a major injury, especially to his knees, despite never wearing kneepads and performing a second rope fist drop which lands him on his knees almost every match:
“I’m so fortunate do have had a great career doing something that I loved so much I would have payed promoters in the beginning to let me wrestle. Never having an injury is pure luck. We see so many young guys come in and within 6 months of their career they get some sort of career threatening injury, it can happen anytime and I’ve been fortunate to avoid those.”
Major Change to WWE Raw Supershow Tapings Posted by Steve Carrier on 05/08/2012 at 02:31 PM
WWE is changing the start time of their Monday night tapings according to Prowrestlingevents.tk.
Beginning July 2nd, many of the Monday tapings will start 90 minutes before the live RAW broadcast. Currently, the tapings begin 30 or 45 minutes before RAW. No word yet on why WWE is extending the Monday tapings.
Backstage News on Paul Heyman's WWE Return Posted by Steve Carrier on 05/08/2012 at 09:06 AM
- As seen on last night's RAW Supershow from Greensboro, Paul Heyman made his return to WWE as Brock Lesnar's legal representative in the storylines. Heyman announced that Lesnar had quit WWE and that the company owes him millions of dollars. Lesnar is still under contract to WWE, for those wondering.
Heyman is also working under a deal with WWE. Plans are in place to have Heyman in the company through August. A Lesnar vs. Triple H grudge match is expected for SummerSlam where Heyman will be featured with Lesnar. Heyman will most likely disappear from WWE TV following SummerSlam.
Until then, he will be a main part of the Lesnar storyline and will be making semi-regular appearances for WWE going forward. Heyman can be used on TV to represent Lesnar while Lesnar has to be kept away due to having a limited number of dates on his contract.
As far as why he came back, it was described as a chance for him to do something new on a limited basis, get his name out, work with some people he cares for and make some money. Heyman's WWE return was put together in the last week and was not something that has been planned all along.
Have anyone heard from Marty Chairnetty??? You know, the guy that single handily almost did in one night to Balls Mahoney what sex, drugs, and ECW couldn't do in 20yrs; End His Freaking Career!?!??
Well, If ya hear from the coon, let'em know that Pope is out of semi retirement for the moment and is hoping that he grow some balls, head to Orlando, do what Pope won't do, and that's kiss Hogan's @ss, and beg for the opportunity to show up on iMPACT WRESTLING OFN and call Pope out. Hopefully he's dressed in his 1980's Rockers attire, otherwise Pope may not recognize him! ~ PHS
thanks to TNAInsider's forum member Derrville for the heads up
TNA Star Calls Out CM Punk For Twitter Comments Posted by Steve Carrier on 05/08/2012 at 07:25 AM
As you certainly have heard by now, WWE Champion CM Punk took to his Twitter to speak out against Amendment 1 in North Carolina, which defined marriage in the state constitution as between one man and one woman. The measure would ban any other type of "domestic legal union," including civil unions and domestic partnerships.
"Amendment 1 is ridiculous," Punk wrote. "It's an invasion of people's rights. North Carolina, why do you care if somebody wants to marry who they love? Same sex marriage should be legal. The fact that it's illegal is embarrassing.
"Divorce rate is at least 50% between men and women, so don't give me the values angle. Making same sex marriage illegal is the same as having segregated drinking fountains. Embarrassing. The human race is embarrassing. #evolve"
TNA wrestler "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero criticized Punk's comments and accused him of wanting to play God.
"So humored by the hypocrisy of those who wanna play GOD, or change what GOD intended," wrote Dinero. "You wanna evolve? Seek GOD! Hows that for change?~PHS"
Punk and Dinero have history, as the Straight-Edge superstar has often referred to Dinero as the worst wrestler he's faced, including during a radio appearance in February.
"My least favorite opponent; does anyone even remember Elijah Burke?" Punk told WISX FM in Philadelphia. "Oh, he was terrible. He is absolutely the worst. Absolutely the worst. Talk about a diva. Man oh man, sorry if you liked him."
Details On Paul Heyman’s WWE Return, Brock Lesnar Posted by Andy Steven on 05/07/2012 at 11:58 PM
As previously reported, Paul Heyman returned to WWE for the first time since late 2006. He appeared on this week’s Raw as Brock Lesnar’s “legal representative.”
Heyman cut a promo taking shots at today’s WWE for being so “image conscious,” and then read a statement from Lesnar, stating that he had quit the company and was “never coming back.” This is all part of a new storyline for Lesnar.
Heyman’s involvement with the company will become valuable as a mouthpiece for Lesnar, limiting the amount of acting that Lesnar is asked to do. With Lesnar being limited to a certain number of dates in his WWE contract, Heyman will be able to keep Lesnar’s storylines active while he is off television.
WWE Champion CM Punk teased Heyman’s return on his Twitter earlier today, writing, “Trust me when I say this #RAW will be fantastic. I love knowing stuff nobody knows. I tweet happy today. Hell, I’m just happy. Nice spending time with an old friend.” As previously noted, Punk spoiled the return of Heyman with the following Tweet and also uploading a photo of Heyman posted at 10:32 PM EDT, “Okay. I’m having a blast with this. Here he is. The man. MY man. And he’s headed to the ring….”
CM Punk apologizes for "kill yourself" remark Posted by Roscoe De Soto on 05/07/2012 at 11:44 PM
CM Punk issued the following statement on Twitter:
"I was pretty worked up today. The amendment 1 situation had me all wound up. I stand by my thoughts on gay marriage 100%. How I defended that stance was 100% wrong. I admit it. You can't stoop to others levels. Sometimes I fight fire with fire and it isn't ways the best way. To @ezeekay: I apologize. I don't want you to kill yourself. I want you to better yourself. Just as I want to better myself. I'll start by being the better man and once again, apologize for my harsh reaction to your opinion of homosexuals making you 'sick.' Sorry y'all. If I let anybody down, I apologize. I'll make it up to ya and move forward with a better understanding of others feelings."
What Happened After WWE Raw Went Off The Air Posted by Andy Steven on 05/07/2012 at 11:35 PM
Thanks to Pastor J. for the following:
After this week’s edition of WWE Raw, John Cena magically made it all the way to Raw in Greensboro from Tampa after his “interview” in order to work the dark match. He defeated Kane with the Attitude Adjustment to close out the taping. Big pop for Cena.
Newspaper Covers CM Punk's 'Chilling Response' Posted by Andy Steven on 05/07/2012 at 10:27 PM
British news outlet The Mirror has published an article on WWE Champion CM Punk's "chilling response" to a British fan who disagreed with his views on gay marriage on Monday.
Expressing his disapproval with Amendment 1 Monday morning on Twitter, Punk wrote a message in support of gay marriage being legalized in the state of North Carolina. A Twitter user hailing from Walsall disagreed, writing to the WWE Superstar, "Man was meant for woman, and even the thought of homo's make me sick."
Punk posted the message and then wrote "Kill yourself. He also advised another fan who disagreed with him to "drink bleach."
The newspaper also acknowledged WWE's affiliation with The Creative Coalition to promote the anti-bullying campaign 'be a STAR,' which Punk has represented.
Responding to a user that told Punk to 'be a STAR' after telling the British fan to kill himself, he wrote, "hey moron, don't try to hide behind the be a star campaign. I am a star. I'm fighting bigots here. Zero tolerance."
The Mirror says his beliefs contrast a homophobic slur he hurled at a fan last July at a WWE live event in Adelaide, Australia. Enclosed in the article is footage of Punk engaging in a verbal altercation with a fan and telling him that he has a "homo" haircut
CM Punk Tells Fan On Twitter To Kill Himself Posted by Steve Carrier on 05/07/2012 at 05:48 PM
WWE Champion CM Punk spoke out on the topic of same sex marriage and Amendment 1 Monday morning on Twitter. Amendment 1 is a controversial topic in North Carolina, as it will define marriage in the state constitution as between one man and one woman, and would ban any other type of "domestic legal union" such as civil unions and domestic partnerships.
Punk wrote, "Amendment 1 is ridiculous. It's an invasion of people's rights. North Carolina, why do you care if somebody wants to marry who they love?" Same sex marriage should be legal. The fact that it's illegal is embarrassing."
He continued, "Divorce rate is at least 50% between men and women, so don't give me the values angle. Making same sex marriage illegal is the same as having segregated drinking fountains. Embarrassing. The human race is embarrassing. #evolve"
One of Punk's Twitter followers disagreed with his beliefs, writing to the WWE Superstar, "Man was meant for woman, and even the thought of homo's make me sick." Punk posted his message and wrote "Kill yourself" in response.
Today I seen 3 guys breaking into my neighbors garage. So I walked over with my shotgun. pretty funny how fast stuff was dropped & hands went up. All 4 were arrested. In the middle of the day. #dumbasses
WWE Monday Night Raw Supershow Greensboro, South Carolina May 7, 2012 Commentators: Jerry Lawler & Michael Cole Reported by: David Stephens of Wrestleview.com
Are you ready? Then stop questioning your heart and join me because it's time for Monday Night RAW!
John Laurinaitis' music hits and he makes his way down to the ring. He introduces himself to the crowd and says that last week John Cena embarrassed him. JL says that Brock injured Cena's arm, and he injured Cena's pride. He vows to put an end to Cena at Over the Limit. JL will show everyone around the world how skillful and dangerous he can be. He refuses to apologize to Cena for attacking his arm with a steel chair. He claims that he was not reprimanded by the Board of Directors because they understand that he is hard but fair. He says that Cena will not be live at RAW because he wants him to rehab his arm. However, JL is requiring that Cena apologize for making fun of his voice. In fact, anybody who makes fun of Laurinaitis' voice will face severe consequences. He puts over his success in Japan with a slide show and says that his voice sounds the way it does because of an injury he suffered overseas at the hands of Dr. Death Steve Williams. He says that he was the Hulk Hogan of Japan. Laurinaitis says that his match against Cena will be bigger than any other match in history. He says that he hopes God has mercy on the soul of Cena.
CM Punk's music hits and he makes his way down to the ring. Punk says that John has no idea what the people want. Punk says that today he is on JL's side. But, he isn't just going to tell him what the people want to see; instead he will start by telling him what they don't want. What the WWE fans don't want to see is Laurinaitis. Punk says JL wasn't all that great over in Japan, and he has some more truth to spill. The first is that he put all his chips in Lesnar, and then Cena beat him. Punk says that the reason JL went to Japan is because no one in the States would pay to see it. JL asks if he is finished. The crowd supports Punk with a roar of no. Punk says he is stupid, ugly, and he has no friends. Also, he happens to be a gigantic tool box. JL says that if he wasn't training for his match with Cena he would pummel him into the ground. Instead, Punk will face another man who went to Japan to hone his skill – Lord Tensai. Punk says he isn't surprised given that Laurinaitis likes to hide behind other people. Punk can't wait until Over the Limit to watch Cena demolish him.
# Backstage Laurinaitis is walking while texting and bumps into Big Show. He yells at him for not getting out of the way when his boss is coming. When he walks away Show mocks his voice. Eve walks up and does not look amused.
Cody Rhodes v. The Big Show
They begin to brawl and Show quickly takes the upper hand. Rhodes slides out of the ring and grabs his belt. Show tries to throw him back into the ring, but Rhodes scurries away with his Title.
Winner: The Big Show STILL IC Champion: Cody Rhodes
Big Show grabs a microphone and calls for Cody to come back, but he walks away.
Eve Torres comes out and gets into the ring. She asks Show to apologize. He asks what for. She says for making fun of John Laurinaitis. He shrugs and says that he is sorry. She says that she asked for an apology and then reminds him that there isn't much demand for a 40 year old freak like him outside of the business. Show looks downtrodden and says that he apologizes. Eve looks smug as he exits the ring.
Kofi Kingston w/ R-Truth v. Dolph Ziggler w/ Vickie Guerrero & Jack Swagger
Dolph connects with a high drop kick and goes for a cover. Kofi kicks out. Dolph gets behind for a rear headlock. Kofi escapes and then dodges and splash in the corner. Kofi connects with the Boom Drop and then looks for the Trouble in Paradise. Swagger jumps up on the apron for the distraction. Ziggler tries a sneak attack from behind, but Kofi counters into the SOS. Dolph kicks out. Kofi goes to the top rope, but gets pushed off by Swagger. Ziggler hits the Zig Zag and this match is over.
Winner via Zig Zag: Dolph Ziggler
Michael Cole is in the ring and John Cena is on the Titantron. Cena says that a group of doctors have recommended that he stay out of the ring for the next couple of months due to the injury to his arm. Cena says that he doesn't care because nothing will keep him out of the ring. Cena says that Laurinaitis wasn't reprimanded because he told the Board that he wanted to face him at Over the Limit. Cole says Cena might be scared because of Laurinaitis' accomplishments. Cena laughs and says that at Over the Limit he is going to kick his ass!
Kelly Kelly & Layla v. Maxina & Natalya
Kelly Kelly attacks Natalya on the outside of the ring as Beth Phoenix watches from the commentators table. Layla hits a leg and pins Maxina. This match is thankfully over.
Winners: Kelly Kelly & Layla
Chris Jericho & Alberto Del Rio v. Randy Orton & Sheamus
Orton and Del Rio start the match. Orton hits a strong clothesline and goes for a cover. Rio kicks out and quickly goes to work on the arm of Orton. Jericho gets the tag and kicks the arm. Chris backs him into the corner and unloads with several punches. The referee makes him back up. Orton kicks him in the gut and then whips him to the opposite post. Sheamus gets the tag. Jericho tries to leap over him in the corner but Sheamus catches him and kicks him hard in the gut. Sheamus puts him on the apron and clobbers his chest. Del Rio tries to interfere but Sheamus throws him out. The distraction allows Jericho to throw Sheamus shoulder first into the steel post. Sheamus falls out of the ring and Del Rio kicks him for good measure.
Pardon the brief absence as my power decided to be a little jerkface and restart my cable box while I was watching on delayed DVR
Winners: Chris Jericho & Alberto Del Rio
ANDDDDD I'm back
# Chris Jericho, Randy Orton & Alberto Del Rio are in Laurinaitis' office and are arguing about who should be the new #1 Contender. They all begin to brawl. Sheamus and Orton seem to gain the upper hand, but then argue about the end of the last match.
Brodus Clay comes out and proceeds to have a large dance party in the ring. Miz comes out and tells him to call his momma and tell her that he is awesome.
Brodus Clay v. The Miz
Miz goes right after Brodus, but gets hits with a clothesline. Miz is tossed out of the ring which causes Clay's dancers to laugh. Clay chases after him and then slide back into the ring. Miz connects with a series of kicks and a boot to the face. Miz stomps on his gut. Cover, but Clay tosses him off. Miz puts him in the corner and hits a high splash. Miz leaps from the top rope for a crossbody but Brodus swats him away. Miz gets back to his feet and locks on a rear headlock. He leaps onto the back of Clay, but Clay tosses him into the middle of the ring. Miz kicks out his leg and hits a DDT. Cover, but Clay tosses him off. Clay punches his way back to his feet, but misses a clothesline. Miz kicks out his leg and then hits a high knee to the jaw. Miz gets behind him and locks on a chinlock. Clay lifts him up for a big side slam. Clay catches Miz off the top rope on crossbody and hits a Sheeplex. Clay connects with a splash and this match is over.
Winner via The Power of Funk: Brodus Clay
Brock Lesnar's music hits and PAUL HEYMAN! It's Paul Heyman!!!
He gets into the ring and grabs a mic. He says that he is here tonight as the representative of Brock Lesnar - a man who has been maligned and mistreated by the WWE audience since day one. He says that it is especially true of corporate management. He says that the WWE is different than it was 10 years ago because it is more image conscience now. Heyman says that Lesnar made some reasonable demands for his contract a couple weeks ago which Laurinaitis agreed to. Lesnar feels betrayed by the WWE audience. Heyman says that Lesnar is an honest man. He said he'd be an ass kicking machine and he was. Heyman says he doesn't need to keep going over Lesnar's accolades because he has a statement to read from Lesnar himself:
I came back to bring legitimacy to the WWE, that's exactly what I did. And how was I rewarded? With the same corporate bs and politics that led me to leave eight years ago. I don't regret what I did to John Cena. I embarrassed him. Another guy I embarrassed was HHH.
The statement goes on to say that he doesn't care about HHH or the WWE because Lesnar is never coming back. Because Lesnar quits!
# Big Show is backstage with the stars of the new USA show 'Common Law'. Eve Torres walks into the shot and is still not amused.
CM Punk's music hits, but Laurinaitis comes out and cuts him off. He says that Punk will now be in a handicap match against Tensai & Daniel Bryan!
CM Punk v. Lord Tensai & Daniel Bryan
Punk is in the ring with Tensai and gets slammed down to the mat. Bryan gets the tag and goes for a pin. Punk kicks out and tries a roll up. Bryan kicks out. Tensai gets the tag and lifts Punk to his feet. Tensai hits a hard double underhook. Punk rolls out of the ring and Tensai follows after and throws him into the steel post.
Both men get back into the ring and Tensai applies a nerve pinch. Punk is slammed to the mat and then hit with a senton. Bryan takes to the top rope after the tag and leaps for a big headbutt. Punk moves out of the way. Punk hits a heelkick to the jaw and follows it with a swinging neckbreaker. Punk takes a second and gets to his feet and hits a bulldog! Punk lifts him up for a GTS, but Bryan scurries off and Tensai tags himself into the ring. Bryan is clotheslined out, but Tensai comes charging in. Tensai hits his double chokeslam and then spits the mist onto his hand! Tensai grips the skull of Punk and then slams him skullfirst into the mat.
Winners: Lord Tensai & Daniel Bryan
After the match, Bryan attacks Punk. He applies the Yes Lock and then taunts the crowd.
Mickie James Interview: Speaks On Possible WWE Return, Knockouts Division
TNA Knockout Mickie James recently spoke with SportstownChicago.com to promote her June 30th against Melina in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. Check out some of the highlights:
On if she would return to WWE: "In this business, it's not one of those things where you can never say never. Right now, I'm having a great time at TNA and I've been enjoying it. I can't say anytime soon."
On the Knockout Division: "We have a very strong division. The only difference is the style and the types of matches and the length of the matches that we have. It's a rarity when a woman can main event the show and I've been fortunate enough to do that. I'm very blessed to be looked at as equal as someone who can hold that level at the end of the show. It's an honor. We have Sarita, who's very well known in Mexico and a main star in the Knockouts roster. Everybody is a little bit different," she said.
Mark Haskins Interview: Talks UK Tour, Infamous Shooting Star Press Spot And More
TNA Wrestler Mark Haskins recently spoke with TalkSport.co.uk new wrestling radio segment entitled "The Beatdown" regarding the 2012 TNA UK tour, his botched shooting star press incident, meeting wrestling legends and more. Below is a quick recap:
On being on the 2012 TNA UK Tour: "It was a great experience. We were here the year before with the previous tour and it was huge, i think there was about 6 or 7 thousand and a year later there was an even bigger crowd. It was for TV, my family was there, my friends were there, People i knew from school back in the day were there."
On the now infamous botched shooting press spot: "In all honesty, i went to the top, did the jump and something didnt feel right. The next thing i remember is being in the back with some of the agents around me. I was shouting my girlfriends name, I was knocked out. I came down, i don't know what it was that went wrong. i dont know if i didn't get enough jump, i don't know whether i slipped. I was completely out of it. There were two or three moves after i actually landed. I don't remember any of that. I don't remember getting to the back. I don't remember how i got to the dressing room. Apparently I was walking around and talking to people. It was sure a scary thing."
On being backstage with the likes of Hulk Hogan, Sting and Jeff Hardy: "It's weird. To think back when i was a child and i used to be a huge hulk hogan fan. I used to be a huge kurt angle fan and an AJ Styles fan. Now I'm just like 'Hey Kurt, how are you doing?'. You do have that reality check where you go 'damn, i used to have an action figure of you' and 'You used to be my world champion'. I used to watch every Kurt Angle match and now however many years later you now you are like 'oh hey, yeah how are you doing?'."
"It's so strange especially since the first tour i did for TNA on their European tour about this time last year, i thought would just be a local match. We were in Leon France. The match ended up being Shannon Moore and myself versus Matt Hardy and Jeff Jarrett with Kurt Angle as the special guest referee. I just stood there looking around and it kind of dawned on me for a second These are the guys i used to watch when i was 10 years old. If you had told me when i was 10 to 15 years old that i would end up in that situation, i would have never believed it. At the end of the day it just goes to prove that if you work hard enough your dreams do come true."
CM Punk's Straight Edge Lifestyle is Genuine? Posted by Steve Carrier on 05/06/2012 at 05:50 PM
Throughout his career, CM Punk has consistently used the gimmick of being "Straight Edge," a lifestyle he repeatedly claims to follow in his actual day-to-day life. In the latest issue of Power Slam, magazine editor Findlay Martin responds to a reader's query as to whether Punk's "Straight Edge" gimmick is just that, a "fictitious" gimmick.
"That's a vicious rumour, as far as we know," Martin responds. "We have spoken to many people over the last eight years who have been to bars and nightclubs with Punk and/or traveled with him in Europe and the U.S. and Canada, and all report that Punk has invariably abstained from alcohol, illegal drugs and tobacco."
Martin, however, says that some wrestlers who worked with Punk during his path to the WWE main roster years ago found his drug-free proclamation to be phony. And upon reaching the main roster, he was shunned for living an alternative lifestyle.
"Since most wrestlers habitually use alcohol and/or drugs and are instinctively distrustful of fellow wrestlers, the assumption among most who did not know Punk when he was working on the independent circuit and treading water in WWE's developmental system was that his teetotaler/drug-free claims were bogus," Martin says. "When he reached WWE television and his fame and word spread that his 'Straight Edge" gimmick was genuine, Punk was ridiculed and even ostracized by some wrestlers for choosing an alternative lifestyle to theirs."
- CM Punk was asked by a fan on Twitter where he sees himself in a year, Punk replied, "Retired. On an island. Giant beard. Surrounded by comic books and vespas." Punk also noted that he is currently reading the comic book "Fear Itself."
- After the official WWE website transferred Dustin "Goldust" Runnels' profile from the Raw Superstars section to the Alumni section on Friday, PWInsider.com confirmed that he was released from his contract with the organization last week. An undisclosed incident at the April 24 SmackDown taping in Grand Rapids, Michigan led to his contract being terminated. He had been working behind the scenes since suffering a shoulder injury in December 2010.
Ik ben Boon Kenneth, en gebruik soms ook wel de schuilnaam Sting.
Ik ben een man en woon in Dworp (Belgie) en mijn beroep is .
Ik ben geboren op 05/06/1989 en ben nu dus 30 jaar jong.
Mijn hobby's zijn: Worstelen en films.
Druk op onderstaande knop om een berichtje achter te laten in mijn gastenboek