Backstage News on Rey Mysterio's WWE Suspension Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/29/2012 at 09:09 AM
- As noted before, Rey Mysterio was suspended for 60 days last week for violating the WWE Wellness Policy for a second time. Rey reportedly failed the drug test back on February 13th but wasn't suspended until this month.
Rey reportedly tested positive for amphetamines.
Rey showed up to the RAW Supershow on February 13th in San Diego but before he could settled in and say hello to everyone, he was informed that he had to go right in for drug testing. A week later, Vince McMahon was upset with Rey but at the time, nobody knew why.
Rey couldn't believe that he tested positive for amphetamines and says he has been living his life clean. WWE officials asked Mysterio about which medications he was taking and he was upfront about everything. A few days ago, officials called him and asked when he would be ready to return. Rey informed WWE that he could come back in June but was then told that he would have to wait another month because he was being suspended for 60 days.
Rey believes he failed the test because of something he took that caused the positive for amphetamines. WWE obviously did not buy his story as they went public with the failure last week.
Rey was scheduled to go to Japan in a few weeks to do promotional work for WWE but has been replaced by Alberto Del Rio.
Justin Credible Removed From Extreme Reunion Event Posted by Andy Steven on 04/29/2012 at 03:07 AM
Justin Credible was removed from the Extreme Reunion show. Credible was advertised to wrestle Jerry Lynn, with Devon "Crowbar" Storm being added to the match as a surprise, reports PWInsider.
There were concerns regarding Credible's condition backstage over the course of the show. Sources claim at one point, he was "slumped over, passed out asleep" in a chair. He was asked to leave the building and was removed from the show.
After leaving the building, Credible returned and pleaded his case to the promoters, asking to be placed back on the show, however he was turned down. He came out and walked around in the crowd late in the show then was walked to the back and left the venue.
Update On Sabu Being Rushed Into Hospital; More Posted by Andy Steven on 04/29/2012 at 03:08 AM
As previously reported, TMZ are claiming that Sabu had an allergic reaction to a medication which caused him to be rushed to the hospital.
Sabu did not appear at the Reunion Fanfest early in the day which he was scheduled to attend according to PWInsider. Sabu at the time was was last seen the night before hanging with a number of wrestlers. Justin Credible tweeted a photo of an unconscious Sabu the night before, which was apparently for a joke. By the time Shane Douglas and several other Reunion officials went to check up on Sabu, he was already being transported by EMTs.
His current condition remains unknown, however he is in ICU at Aria Frankford Hospital. Tweets and Facebook comments stating he is dead are completely false.
TMZ Reports That Sabu Had Allergic Reaction Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/28/2012 at 11:02 PM
- TMZ has picked up on the story of ECW Original Sabu being rushed to the hospital before today's Extreme Reunion event in Philadelphia, PA. They say Sabu had an allergic reaction to medication. Here is their report:
"Sabu -- a hardcore wrestling icon -- was rushed to the hospital before a scheduled event tonight in Pennsylvania ... TMZ has learned.
Cops in Travose, PA tell TMZ they were dispatched to a hotel for a medical emergency, but wouldn't elaborate. The manager at the hotel where Sabu was staying tells TMZ the staff there felt the wrestler was intoxicated when paramedics were called.
A source close to Sabu tells TMZ he had been MIA all day and promoters for an ECW reunion event he was scheduled to appear at could not get in touch with him.
According to our source, Sabu had an allergic reaction to a medication he had been taking."
- It appears that Edge is going to let his contract with WWE expire on Monday. The 2012 WWE Hall of Famer was reportedly offered a new deal to remain exclusive to the company and didn't sign it. As noted earlier, he will be appearing at the Resistance Pro Wrestling show on May 11th in Chicago.
As seen on Monday's RAW, John Cena had his familiar chain with him when he came out for the contract signing with Brock Lesnar. WWE's website has a new article up looking at Edge's pep talk to Cena and they wonder if Cena will bring back the "thug" to defeat Lesnar at Extreme Rules. They wrote:
"Maybe a stern message from The Master Manipulator was what Cena needed all along. On Sunday night at Extreme Rules, will Cena heed Edge's call and unleash ruthless aggression to shock Lesnar? Or is he just going to wind up the first victim in Brock's fearsome quest to take over WWE?"
TMZ reports that Buff Bagwell is still hospitalized but breathing and eating on his own after the bad car accident on Monday. Bagwell was hooked up to breathing tubes while emergency room doctors worked on major injuries to his face and spine. The breathing tube was removed on Wednesday and Buff is now talking and eating solid foods. Some of Buff's WCW co-workers like Sting, Diamond Dallas Page, Rick Steiner and Scott Steiner have contacted him while in the hospital.
The poster for the June 17 WWE No Way Out PPV has been released. The poster features Daniel Bryan tied to a railroad track by AJ as a train is bearing down on him. The concept of the photo is pretty cool. You can see the poster at this link.
* Daniel Bryan opens the show and is interrupted by Alberto Del Rio. Del Rio talks about winning the World Heavyweight Title after Extreme Rules until Big Show interrupts and cleans house. Show chokeslams Ricardo Rodriguez.
* Alberto Del Rio beat Big Show in a non-title match when Cody Rhodes interfered.
* Damien Sandow vignette aired on the big screen.
* WWE Divas Champion Nikki Bella beat Alicia Fox.
* Darren Young and Titus O’Neil beat Ezekiel Jackson and Yoshi Tatsu.
* Michael Cole conducts his exclusive interview with Randy Orton. Orton talks about what he will do to Kane at Extreme Rules. Jinder Mahal interrupted and Orton left him laying after a RKO.
* Antonio Cesaro has a tryout match arranged from John Laurinaitis. He defeats Tyson Kidd in a solid match.
* The Great Khali beat Cody Rhodes.
* Ryback squashed local wrestler Jacob Kay.
* Brock Lesnar promo aired.
* They recapped the AJ vs. Natalya match from last week.
Daniel Bryan Says TNA Reached Out To Him After WWE Fired Bryan In 2010
WWE Star Daniel Bryan recently revealed that after he was released by WWE back in 2010, he had informal talks with people in TNA. Bryan also noted in an interview with Arda Ocal for the Baltimore Sun that at the time of his release that he wasn't concerned financially because he had options to make more money compared to NXT/Nexus pay:
WWE apologized and said they had sponsors they had to deal with and whatnot. And I said don't worry about me, I'm probably going to make more money this year than I did the last year when I was on NXT. I had people from Japan calling me, I had TNA people talking to me, not directly, but through other people. It was just a fascinating time for me in my career.
According to PWTorch, the 4/26 edition of Impact Wrestling did a 1.00 rating with 1,453,000 viewers. The repeat of last week's show did a 0.39 rating with 509,000 viewers.
On cable TV Thursday night, Impact Wrestling ranked #28 in overall viewers, #16 among males 18-34, and #11 among males 18-49 against NFL Draft coverage on two cable networks, History Channel programming, and sitcom repeats. Impact Wrestling's m18-34 & m18-49 ranks were slightly above the 2012 average.
In the demographic ratings, Impact Wrestling was essentially even with the previous two weeks in key male demos and adult demos. Impact Wrestling continues to struggle among teen male viewers, scoring slightly below the previous two weeks to tie with the March 29 show for the lowest m12-17 rating of the year.
SpikeTV's Impact Wrestling Moving To 8pm On Thursdays Starting May 31
SPIKE TV’S “IMPACT WRESTLING” MOVING TO 8:00PM ET/PT ON THURSDAYS BEGINNING MAY 31
Spike TV’s highly-rated two-hour weekly series, TNA’s “IMPACT Wrestling” is moving to a new timeslot. On Thursday, May 31 “IMPACT Wrestling will air at 8:00pm ET/PT, moving from its previous timeslot of 9:00pm ET/PT. The shift to 8:00pm is predicated on the fact that there are more available viewers in the 8:00-10:00pm timeslot with less sports competition in the 8pm hour.
TNA’s flagship series, “IMPACT Wrestling,” airs weekly on Spike TV and is one of the network’s top-rated series. The show is must-see-tv with young men and currently ranks among the top series on cable on Thursdays with Men 18-34.
The TNA roster features many of the top names in wrestling including Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Booby Roode, Sting, James Storm, Rob Van Dam, and the lovely and lethal Knockouts.
About Spike TV: Spike TV is available in 98.7 million homes and is a division of Viacom Media Networks. A unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB), Viacom Media Networks is one of the world's leading creators of programming and content across all media platforms. Spike TV's Internet address is www.spike.com and for up-to-the-minute and archival press information and photographs, visit Spike TV's press site at http://www.spike.com/press. Follow us on Twitter @spiketvpr for the latest in breaking news updates, behind-the-scenes information and photos.
Breaking News: Rey Mysterio Suspended For 60 Days Posted by Andy Steven on 04/26/2012 at 01:12 PM
The following is from WWE.com:
STAMFORD, Conn. – In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Oscar Gutierrez (Rey Mysterio) for 60 days effective Thursday, April 26 for his second violation of the company's policy.
Lord Tensai's Finisher Change Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/26/2012 at 08:49 AM
- The claw slam that Lord Tensai uses has been modified slightly for safety precautions. The hold now comes from the standing position, giving the opponent the ability to land back-first. The original way of starting from Tensai's knee caused the point of impact to be on the back of his opponent's head.
The referee stoppages that they were doing in Tensai matches look to be done.
TNA Impact Wrestling Results for April 26, 2012 in Orlando, FL
* Hulk Hogan kicked off the show and addressed the champions backstage, explaining what Open Fight Night is all about. Hogan put over the champions individually and announced that Samoa Joe and Magnus would defend their belts tonight. Hogan said their opponents would be a surprise later on in the show.
* Devon came out for his title defense. He announced that he will defend the TV Title against his former Tag Team partner in Bully Ray. Ray tried to walk away after saying he would not do the match, but Devon attacked him and brought him to the ring.
(1) Devon defeated Bully Ray to retain the Television Title. Devon hit his spinebuster out of nowhere for the pinfall victory
* Jeremy Borash came out and called out Eric Bischoff for his tweets against him. Borash wanted a match and because of tonight's rules, Eric Bischoff has to accept.
(2) Eric Bischoff defeated Jeremy Borash. Before they could fight, Bully Ray attacked Borash from behind with a low blow and that allowed Bischoff to get the pin. Bischoff took a pic of Borash with his camera phone to post on Twitter.
* Anarquia came out with Mexican America and challenged any team or wrestler. Kurt Angle accepted the challenge.
(3) Kurt Angle defeated Anarquia with an Ankle Lock in a short match.
* TNA Agent, Al Snow came to the ring with OVW Wrestler, Alex Silva. Snow said Silva would be get the first shot tonight in the Gutcheck Challenge. Snow also revealed that he was the main judge for the challenge.
(4) Robbie E defeated Alex Silva clean with a DDT. Snow was on commentary for the match.
* Hulk Hogan was shown backstage, he welcomed the tag team contenders to Open Fight Night. Hulk Hogan asked the teams why they thought they deserved a title shot. All of the teams explained to Hogan why they should get the shot tonight. Hogan said that the Motor City Machine Guns are out of the running because he is concerned Sabin's knee may still be weak. That leaves Daniels & Kaz, Anderson & Hardy, and ODB and Eric Young. Hogan will make the final decision on who gets the title shot later.
* Brooke Tessmacher came out and talked about beating Gail Kim. She challenged Gail to a match.
(5) Tessmacher defeated Gail Kim in a non-title match. Tessmacher hit a belly-to-back facebuster for the pinfall victory.
* Backstage, Al Snow spoke with Silva and said he would get with the other judges and Silva's fate would be revealed next week. Bobby Roode showed up and he put himself over while mocking Silva, he then punched the kid in the gut.
* Backstage in Hulk Hogan's office, Hogan eliminated Young and ODB from contention. Hogan told Daniels and Kaz and Hardy and Anderson to meet him in the ring for his final decision.
* Backstage, Joseph Park found Bully Ray. Park said he was looking for answers and Bully ray told him off.
* The teams of Daniels & Kazarian and Hardy & Anderson came out to see who would face Magnus and Samoa Joe. Hulk Hogan then came out and announced that tonight Magnus and Joe will face Anderson and Hardy in Tag Title Championship Match.
(6) Magnus and Samoa Joe defeated Mr. Anderson and Jeff Hardy to retain the Tag Team Titles when Joe locked in the Coquina Clutch on Anderson. Anderson and Hardy argued during the match. Kazarian and Daniels attacked Magnus and Joe after the match.
* Eric Bischoff, Ric Flair, Ray, Daniels, Kaz, and Gunner came out for Bischoff's farewell party. Flair and the others praised Bischoff before they were interrupted by Garett Bischoff, Jeremy Borash, Austin Aries and a few other wrestlers. The faces revealed a port-a-potty which they intended on putting Bischoff in as a farewell gift. After the heels with Eric Bischoff brawl with Garett Bischoff's wrestlers, Borash and Garett Bischoff take Eric to the port-a-potty. Garett and JB shoved the port-a-potty over. Eric came out covered in crap as the show ended.
Preview Tonight's Impact Wrestling: Open Fight Night, Gut Check, More
- Thursday's huge broadcast is the start of the very first "Open Fight Night" on IMPACT WRESTLING! Anyone on the roster can challenge anyone to fight - and they MUST fight! And on this once a month special episode, one of the champions will be defending their titles! General Manager Hulk Hogan has promised to shake up IMPACT WRESTLING and it kicks off in major way on Thursday!
- Also on IMPACT, "The Nature Boy" Ric Flair has promised to hold his own "Eric B******f Appreciation Night" after B******f was forced out of IMPACT by his son Garett at Lockdown!
- Plus, the broadcast will feature the debut of TNA Gut Check, as one newcomer has the chance to earn a contract with IMPACT WRESTLING
WWE RAW Supershow Ratings for Last Night's Show Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/24/2012 at 06:35 PM
- Last night's three-hour episode of WWE's RAW Supershow from Detroit, Michigan scored a 3.0 cable rating with 4,388,000 viewers over the full three hours. This week's show did hours of 2.48, 3.22 and 3.41.
During the normal two hours, RAW did a 3.3 cable rating with 4,752,000 viewers. This is up from the previous week and can be seen as a good sign for the John Cena vs. Brock Lesnar feud.
As noted before, former WCW star Buff Bagwell was reportedly in a car accident and is now in intensive care. The official Twitter page of Universal Championship Wrestling, which Buff works for, posted the following today:
"Marcus 'Buff' Bagwell involved in a serious wreck and is ICU! Our prayers go out to him and his family. Please RT #GetWellBuff"
Bagwell's former partner Scott Norton wrote the following update:
"Update on Marcus. He's going to be ok but keep him in your prayers for fast recovery"
Backstage News on Kharma's Return to Action Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/24/2012 at 09:20 AM
- While Beth Phoenix appeared to be legitimately injured on last night's RAW Supershow, the plan for her to drop the Divas Title to Nikki Bella goes back a few weeks.
The idea was to get the Divas Title off of Beth Phoenix so Kharma can get the belt without facing Phoenix first. The plan as of a few days ago was for Nikki to win the title, likely at Extreme Rules, and then get destroyed by Kharma the next night on RAW. Obviously plans were moved up and the title change happened on RAW last night. Kharma destroying Nikki Bella for the Divas Title would have brought her back into the storylines as a dominant force and would have ended the Kharma-Bella storyline that began last year.
Even though Nikki won the title last night, PWInsider reports that nothing new has been said about The Bella Twins leaving WWE at the end of this month. It's still possible that they came to terms on a new deal but that's not the word going around.
WWE Asks If Jericho Is Their New Cerebral Assassin Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/24/2012 at 09:09 AM
- As seen on RAW last night, WWE plugged a website article that asks if Chris Jericho is the new Cerebral Assassin of WWE, a nickname claimed by Triple H.
The article mentions Triple H and wonders if Jericho may take the title of WWE's new Cerebral Assassin after the Extreme Rules WWE Title Match against CM Punk on Sunday:
"Jericho has proven he will stop at nothing in his attempt to wear Punk down to the point of mental and emotional exhaustion, and that spells big trouble as the two rivals head into a grueling Chicago Street Fight where every last bit of energy counts. On April 29, Jericho's heinous game plan could either fuel Punk's drive to demolish his antagonist once and for all. Or, it just might be remembered as the master stroke of the new "Cerebral Assassin.""
As soon as WWE plugged the article on RAW last night, speculation began, mainly on Twitter, that Jericho was being set up for a feud against Triple H. For what it's worth, there has been no talk of bringing Triple H back yet.
Stipulation Added To Lesnar vs. Cena, Eve Torres Posted by Andy Steven on 04/24/2012 at 02:19 AM
-- Brock Lesnar gave General Manager John Laurinaitis a list of changes he wants made to his contract in the Extreme Rules Match contract signing on Monday's Raw SuperShow, otherwise he would refuse to fight John Cena at Extreme Rules. Saying he's not the "naïve farm boy" he was eight years ago, Lesnar demanded to have access to Vince McMahon's private jet, the preference to show up on Raw only when he wants, no fines of any kind for his actions and Raw being renamed Monday Night Raw: Starring Brock Lesnar. WWE.com states in their Raw recap that if Lesnar wins on Sunday, Raw will be renamed Monday Night Raw: Starring Brock Lesnar.
Vince Appears After Raw Goes Off-Air, Cena Party Posted by Andy Steven on 04/24/2012 at 01:01 AM
Following this week's three-hour edition of Raw, John Cena & WWE Champion CM Punk beat Chris Jericho & Kane in the dark match main event. Punk did some more funny staggering and saluted John Laurinaitis during the match.
WWE threw a birthday party for John Cena after the match. Vince McMahon, Triple H, and all the wrestlers in street clothes came out to sing Cena Happy Birthday. The Great Khali sang solo. The WWE Divas also came out for a "pig pile" on Cena. Cena's party ended with Hornswoggle running down the ramp for laughs.
Beth Phoenix Suffers Severe Sprain to Ankle Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/23/2012 at 11:54 PM
The official WWE website has an injury update on Beth Phoenix, who appeared to suffer an injury in her lumberjill match against Nikki Bella on this week’s Raw SuperShow.
“It looks like she affected her anterior talofibular ligament, which is the most common injured ankle ligament on an inversion injury,” Sampson told WWE.com.“She has some swelling, [and] she’s having a hard time walking or ambulating on it. We’re going to need an MRI just to make sure there’s nothing else going on and see how we can treat it – if we need surgery or if we can do it conservatively.”
WWE Raw Results - April 23rd, 2012 Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/23/2012 at 09:56 PM
- Tonight's three-hour RAW Supershow opens up with the pyro going off inside the Joe Louis Arena. Michael Cole welcomes us to a sold-out RAW from Detroit, Michigan.
- We go to the ring and it's set up for a contract signing. Teddy Long is in the ring. He welcomes us to the Extreme Rules main event contract signing and brings out John Cena first.
Teddy introduces Brock Lesnar next. Cena looks worried as Lesnar's music hits. John Laurinaitis comes out instead and asks Teddy what he's doing. Laurinaitis told Teddy earlier that Lesnar isn't here yet. Laurinaitis says we will have the contract signing when Brock arrives, on Brock's terms. Johnny wants Teddy to tell all this to Cena, who is still standing in the ring. Laurinaitis says this could be Cena's last night on RAW and he should enjoy it. Laurinaitis tells Teddy to tell Cena to leave his ring.
Teddy asks Cena to leave the ring and thanks him. Teddy leaves but Cena doesn't. Laurinaitis introduces himself to the crowd when Edge's music hits. Out comes the 2012 WWE Hall of Famer and he's excited.
Edge says he isn't supposed to be here tonight and in a couple days, he won't even be under WWE contract anymore. Edge says he came to talk to Cena. He could have done it privately but it will have more effect here in the ring. Edge says he doesn't know who this John Cena even is. Edge says he came to talk to the Cena who was his greatest rival ever.
Edge says Cena must win. Through all their differences, they have always had a strong love for wrestling. Edge says Brock Lesnar doesn't give a damn about wrestling or the fans. He only cares about the fans if they can line his pockets. Edge says Brock left for 8 years while he and Cena carried the load. Edge says Cena needs to wake up because if he doesn't, it's a slap in the face to guys like Shawn Michaels, Undertaker and himself. Edge yells at Cena to wake up. Edge says he's not asking Cena to beat Lesnar, he's telling him to. Edge drops the mic and walks off.
Chris Jericho vs. Kofi Kingston
Back from the break and out comes Chris Jericho and Kofi Kingston for tonight's first match. Jericho takes it to the corner and works Kofi over. Kofi ends up dumping Jericho out to the floor. Jericho takes a breather while Kofi waits. Jericho comes back in and Kofi trips him. Jericho gets in a cheap shot to the eyes and comes back with chops.
Jericho makes a comeback and takes Kofi down near the corner. Jericho taunts the fans and gets them to boo louder. Jericho goes back to a headlock. They play leap frog and Kofi takes Jericho down with an elbow for a 2 count. Jericho catches Kofi in the air and slams him on his face. Jericho with chops and kicks now. Jericho goes for a splash in the corner but Kofi moves and Jericho ends up on the floor again. Kofi runs and dives over the top rope, taking Jericho out on the floor. We go to commercial.
Back from the break and Jericho has Kofi on the mat. Kofi fights out and rolls Jericho up for a 2 count. Jericho counters and drops Kofi for another pin attempt. Jericho looks to finish the match but Kofi comes back. Jericho counters the Boom Drop with a clothesline and gets another 2 count. Kofi makes another comeback and goes to the top. Kofi nails a crossbody but Jericho rolls through it for a 2 count. Kofi counters Jericho with a big DDT but Jericho kicks out. Kofi goes back to the top and hits a crossbody on Jericho's back. Kofi hits the Boom Drop and readies for Trouble in Paradise. Jericho catches it and goes for Walls of Jericho. Kofi counters it and they fight in the corner. Kofi springboards in but Jericho catches him in mid-air with a Codebreaker. Jericho locks in the Walls and makes Kofi tap for the win.
Winner: Chris Jericho
- We go to a promo video for Brock Lesnar, looking back at his WWE career.
- Still to come tonight, the contract signing between Cena and Lesnar. We go back to commercial.
- Still to come tonight, the contract signing between Cena and Lesnar. We go back to commercial.
- Back from the break and Laurinaitis is on the phone when Eve Torres walks in. Laurinaitis has an opening in his administration that he thinks she may be interested in. He and David Otunga need an executive administrator. He says this could lead to some really big things. She says the keyword here is executive and says she would be honored. He welcomes her aboard and they shake hands.
- We go to the promo video for Brock Lesnar from last week.
- Josh Mathews is backstage with CM Punk and asks what the gift from Chris Jericho was. Punk picks up a gift basket filled with liquor. Punk says he has a gift for Jericho too and he's going to hand deliver it this Sunday in Chicago. Punk says now he's going to re-gift Jericho's liquor gift. He handles Mathews the basket of liquor but keeps a bottle of whiskey. Punk tells Methews to get out and we go to commercial.
- Back from the break and we see footage of Lord Tensai beating John Cena last week.
R-Truth vs. Lord Tensai
We go to the ring and out comes R-Truth. Sakamoto and Lord Tensai are out next. We see video from earlier today when Tensai was asked about the win over Cena last week. Tensai speaks in Japanese and doesn't translate it.
Tensai strikes first and beats Truth down. Truth tries to make a comeback and hits a heel kick but it doesn't move Tensai. Tensai drops Truth with a shot to the face. Tensai charges in the corner but Truth moves. Tensai turns around and runs over Truth, then takes him to the corner and beats him down with headbutts. Tensai hits a big suplex and the back splash. Tensai hits the sitdown powerbomb and waits on Truth to get up. Tensai spits the mist on his hand and applies the claw to Truth, taking him down with it for the pin.
Winner: Lord Tensai
- We see Kane walking backstage as we go to commercial.
- Kane comes to the ring and talks about Randy Orton. He says Orton is struggling with his humanity and trying to come to grips with the fact Kane has discovered his one true weakness. Kane talks about hitting Cowboy Bob Orton and says Randy was the one who really suffered when he hit him. Kane says Orton isn't the viper, he's nothing but a scared little boy crying out for his daddy, for the nightmare to end. Orton appears on the big screen and says when you mess with his family, there's no turning back. Orton says he returned the favor. We see Paul Bearer tied up with duct-tape over his mouth. Orton invites Kane to come join in on the fun. Orton wheels Bearer into a freezer and shuts it. Kane says Orton never ceases to amaze him. Kane says his true father is and has always been the devil himself. Kane says he can care less what Orton does to Paul Bearer. Kane apologizes to Bearer for having no intentions to save him. Kane makes the ring explode and walks up the ramp but is met by Orton.
They brawl around the ring. Orton grabs a pipe from under the ring and hits Kane in the gut with it. Orton with a shot to the back and a shot to the head that sends Kane over the barrier. Kane runs off through the crowd as Orton hits the ring. Orton poses in the corner as we go to replays.
- Lawler and Cole hype the contract signing before showing a replay of Edge confronting Cena earlier tonight. When Lesnar arrives, the signing will take place. We go back to break.
- Alex Riley runs into Chris Jericho backstage. Riley says CM Punk threw him out of the locker room because Riley caught Punk drinking liquor from the gift basket. Jericho wonders if Riley is telling the truth and tells him to lead the way to Punk's dressing room. Jericho looks in and Punk is on the phone with the bottle of liquor open in front of him.
Alberto Del Rio and Cody Rhodes vs. Big Show and The Great Khali
We go to the ring and out comes Alberto Del Rio followed by his partner Cody Rhodes. Out next is the team of The Great Khali and Intercontinental Champion Big Show. Khali is limping after being attacked by Rhodes on Friday's SmackDown.
Khali starts out and he wants Cody. Cody tries to kick the knee and Khali catches him. Khali beats Cody to the corner nd clotheslines him. Khali catches another kick and chops Cody down. Cody tags in Del Rio and he goes for Khali's leg. Khali grabs him and drops him with a big shot to the head. Khali hits a big chop on Del Rio in the corner now. Del Rio goes to the floor to recover as we take a commercial break.
Back from the break and in comes Show. Show goes at it with Del Rio. Cody pulls the ropes down and Show lands on the floor. Cody and Ricardo Rodriguez stomp away on Show. Show makes it back in at the 9 count and Del Rio attacks him before tagging back in Cody. Cody goes to work on Show's injured knee.
Cody and Del Rio take turns tagging in and working on Show's injured knee. Show finally comes up and goes for a chokeslam but gets taken back down. Cody applies a Figure Four on Show. Show breaks the hold but Cody decks him for another 2 count. Del Rio runs in but Show knocks him out of the ring. Show with clotheslines on Cody as Del Rio and Ricardo leave the ringside area. Khali reaches in and drops Cody with a big chop. Show nails a big chokeslam on Cody for the win.
Winners: Big Show and The Great Khali
- It's announced that Santino Marella will defend the United States Title against The Miz during an Extreme Rules pre-show on Sunday. The match will air on WWE's YouTube. Back to commercial we go.
- Chris Jericho is backstage with Laurinaitis, Eve and Teddy. He says Punk is drinking so he needs to be stripped of the WWE Title. Eve says she's been reading up on the rulebook and Punk is in violation. Laurinaitis has the right to strip Punk. Laurinaitis says he needs credible proof. Jericho suggests Laurinaitis get some police and make Punk take a field sobriety test in the ring. Jericho thanks Laurinaitis for doing the right thing and tells Eve she looks ravishing. They knock Teddy and tell him that he will be the one to humiliate Punk tonight.
- We see Brock Lesnar walking backstage. Josh Mathews asks him where he's been tonight. Lesnar doesn't answer him. Mathews asks him if he will still be the face of WWE if he loses this Sunday. Lesnar slams Mathews up against the production truck and lets him down. Lesnar grabs his bag and starts to walk off. Mathews mumbles that he was just trying to do his job. Lesnar stops, grabs Mathews and throws him into a fence. Lesnar walks off with Mathews laid out on the ground.
- Back from the break and we see what just happened to Josh Mathews at the hands of Brock Lesnar. Trainers are loading Mathews up on a stretcher and putting a neck brace on him.
WWE Divas Title Match: Nikki Bella vs. Beth Phoenix
We go to the ring where The Bella Twins are waiting. Out next comes the WWE Divas Champion Beth Phoenix.
Before the match starts, Eve Torres come out. She says it's now her responsibility to improve WWE's shows. She goes on and makes this a Lumberjill match. The rest of the WWE Divas come down and surround the ring.
They go at it and Nikki connects with a dropkick. More back and forth until Nikki goes up top. Beth grabs Nikki, carries her over her head and drops her on her face. Beth continues the assault and splashes her on the ropes for another 2 count. Beth goes on and hits a backbreaker for another 2 count. Nikki fights out of a submission but Beth grabs her for the Glam Slam. Nikki escapes from it and knocks Beth down for 2. Nikki gets knocked to the floor. Beth falls to the floor also and looks to have injured her leg. Brie Bella comes over and attacks her. This brings the rest of the Divas over and they brawl. Natalya throws Nikki in while Brie throws Beth in. The referee asks Beth if she can continue as she holds her leg. Nikki comes from behind and rolls her up for the win and the title.
Winner and New WWE Divas Champion: Nikki Bella
- Teddy Long is backstage with CM Punk. Punk is apparently acting drunk and flips out about the field sobriety test. We go to commercial.
- Back from the break and Teddy Long is in the ring with two police officers. Teddy calls out CM Punk but here comes Chris Jericho. He wants to make sure everything goes right and be there when Teddy hands over the WWE Title. Punk is called to the ring again by Teddy and here he comes. Punk is walking a little looser and makes his way in the ring, dropping the WWE Title. Punk says the whole thing is ridiculous and everyone knows it is.
One cop asks Punk to recite the alphabet backwards. Punk can't do it and the cop asks him to walk the straight line of red tape that's in the center of the ring. Punk says he didn't see it and Jericho tells him to quit stalling. Punk tries to walk the line but can't without stumbling. Punk almost falls but hits the ropes. Jericho tells Teddy to strip Punk. Teddy asks the cop his opinion of Punk. The cop says Punk is obviously intoxicated. Jericho tells the fans to thank the cops as they leave. Teddy asks Punk to hand over the WWE Title as Jericho eggs him on.
Michael Cole says we're witnessing history here. Punk hands Teddy the WWE Title. Jericho calls Teddy fumble fingers and tells him to give over the title. Punk stops Teddy and asks for one more chance. Jericho says no but Punk wants just one more chance. Punk goes to walk the line again. Punk stops and names the alphabet backwards. He finishes while walking the straight line. Punk moonwalks back over the line and then walks forward like Ric Flair, all while naming the alphabet. He finishes and decks Jericho with the microphone. Jericho tries to escape but Punk brings him back. Punk unloads on Jericho and beats him around the ring, using the barrier and steel steps. Punk beats Jericho up the ramp. Jericho runs off as Teddy hands the WWE Title back to Punk. We see Eve and Laurinaitis watching backstage.
- Still to come tonight, Mark Henry vs. Sheamus. We go to another Brock Lesnar video.
Sheamus vs. Mark Henry
Back from the break and out comes the World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus. Out next comes Mark Henry.
Before the match can start, the special referee is announced and out comes Daniel Bryan in his referee gear. Bryan comes out chanting "YES!"
The bell rings and they go at it. Sheamus ends up beating Henry down in the corner. Bryan tries to stop him. Sheamus can't hit Bryan or he will be fired. Bryan begs Sheamus to punch him and they have words. Sheamus turns around to a big clothesline from Henry. Henry covers Sheamus and Bryan counts a super fast pin for the win.
Winner: Mark Henry
- After the match, Bryan takes his referee shirt off and leaves the ring. Sheamus sees that he's not a referee anymore and attacks him on the floor. Sheamus throws Bryan back in the ring and hits a Brogue Kick on Henry. Bryan turns it around and kicks Sheamus down, then applies the Yes Lock. Bryan leaves the ring as Sheamus tries to recover.
- Doritos Tacos are presenting the next match... Brodus Clay and Hornswoggle vs. Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler. Also still to come, the Cena-Lesnar contract signing. Back to commercial.
Ryder and Epico start the match off back and forth. Ryder makes a comeback and the crowd chants for him. Ryder with the Broski Boot in the corner. Primo pulls Epico out of the ring. Ryder goes to the floor and gets shoved into the ring post. They bring Ryder back into the ring for a 2 count.
More offense on Ryder by the champs. Santino finally gets the tag and hits the big hip toss and headbutt on Primo. Santino breaks out the Cobra. Epico ducks it but gets dumped to the floor by Ryder. Santino hits the Cobra on Primo for the non-title win.
Winners: Santino Marella and Zack Ryder
- We see footage from earlier of Brock Lesnar attacking Josh Mathews. Still to come, the contract signing. Back to commercial we go.
- Back from the break and Kane finally pulls Paul Bearer out of the freezer but puts him right back in.
- Primo and Epico are backstage arguing when Abraham Washington walks up. He asks them why are they being treated like jokes - not getting a WrestleMania match and having their entrance during commercial. He tells them to call him if they want guidance.
Brodus Clay and Hornswoggle vs. Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler
The next match is presented by Doritos Tacos from Taco Bell. Out first comes the team of Hornswoggle and Brodus Clay with the dancers.
Back from the break and out comes Vickie Guerrero to introduce Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger. Brodus and Ziggler start things out. Ziggler drops to his knees and wants Hornswoggle to come in. Hornswoggle gets the tag and kicks Ziggler in the face. Ziggler gets pissed and beats Horny around. Hornswoggle counters Ziggler and takes him down. Brodus comes in and runs over Swagger. Brodus hits the splash in teh corner and a headbutt Ziggler. Brodus grabs Swagger for the overhead suplex. Vickie comes in and smacks Brodus, causing the DQ.
Winners by DQ: Brodus Clay and Hornswoggle
- Vickie turns around to Clay's dancers. Vickie calls for a time out and grabs Clay's hat. She puts it on his head and starts dancing. Hornswoggle bites her butt and sends her running from the ring. Clay, Hornswoggle and his dancers dance to end it.
- We go to another Brock Lesnar video.
- Back from the break and out comes John Laurinaitis for the Extreme Rules contract signing. Laurinaitis says he is excited about the Extreme Rules main event. Laurinaitis introduces the man who he says will be the new face of WWE - Brock Lesnar. Lesnar comes out to more of a mixed reaction than he has received since returning. Out next comes John Cena to more boos than pops.
Lesnar calls Cena out. Lesnar says Cena is too scared to come out and that's fine. He wants to give Laurinaitis an explanation on why he was late tonight. Lesnar says since Cena doesn't have the balls to show up, Laurinaitis should have a seat so they can discuss business. Lesnar says he spent time this afternoon thinking about changes he wants and needs.
Lesnar says there is supposed to be a match on Sunday but he's not happy with the way things are going since he's been back. Lesnar has a list of changes and gives Laurinaitis a copy. He wants these changes made right now, before he signs the Extreme Rules contract. Lesnar says he isn't the same naive farm boy that was here 8 years ago. Lesnar says from now on, any thought that goes through Laurinaitis' head about what happens around here, it needs to be ran by Lesnar. Lesnar also wants Vince McMahon's private jet for when he comes to and from RAW each week. Lesnar says he doesn't like people, especially stupid people. Lesnar says another thing is that he will show up to RAW when he wants and how he wants. Lesnar says he won't be a puppet on a string like the other guys in the back. Lesnar brings up the $500,000 fine to Sheamus. Lesnar says Laurinaitis won't be fining him and in fact, he's going to be paying Lesnar more money. Until the demands are made, there is no match on Sunday, Lesnar says. The crowd starts to chant "you suck." Lesnar says he doesn't get annoyed by that.
Lesnar says RAW will now be known as "Monday Night RAW Starring Brock Lesnar." Lesnar tells Laurinaitis to make him happy. Laurinaitis agrees to the terms and Lesnar thanks him. Lesnar takes a pen to sign the contract and does. John Cena's music hits and here he comes.
Lesnar sits back in the chair as Cena hits the ring. Brock puts his fists up, kisses them and smirks at Cena. Cena has his own fist wrapped in his chain he had around his neck. Lesnar motions to Cena to sign the contract and then stands up. Cena won't sign it. Lesnar finally speaks and tells Cena to sign it. Lesnar says he feels a vibrating feeling come from Cena. Lesnar rants about feelings and feeling ways of feelings. He says the big bad boogeyman Brock Lesnar has been in Cena's mind and Cena is scared. Cena throws the contract and they square up. They never come to blows as Lesnar leaves the ring, still locking eyes with Cena. The go-home RAW for Extreme Rules goes off the air with Lesnar backing up the ramp.
It was reported Monday afternoon that WWE has released Andy Leavine, who won last year's Tough Enough contest. Bill DeMott, who worked as a trainer on the reality program, confirmed his departure from the organization via Twitter.
"My hope is andy continues to follow his course and get some well needed experience," DeMott wrote. "I like Andy and wish him much success."
Pro Wrestling Torch reports that news of Leavine's release from the organization is not considered surprising.
Brodus Clay Talks About Being Frustrated Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/23/2012 at 09:26 AM
- You may remember Brodus Clay disappearing from WWE TV for several weeks back at the end of January. Clay wrestled Alex Riley on the January 27th RAW, Drew McIntyre at the Royal Rumble and then Tyler Reks on the January 30th RAW. He then was taken off WWE TV until March 12th, only working dark matches.
In the new issue of WWE Magazine, Clay talked about feeling frustrated with his dance choreography being off and a conversation he had with Triple H after the match against Riley:
"One night, I came backstage after a match against Alex Riley and I was so upset. Triple H said, 'What's the matter?' and I explained that the choreography was off. He's staring and me and I'm like, 'Wait. Am I upset over the choreography?' He said, 'Yeah, you are.' I didn't know how to feel about that. But, I'm always worried about the dancing - that I'll fall."
Ik ben Boon Kenneth, en gebruik soms ook wel de schuilnaam Sting.
Ik ben een man en woon in Dworp (Belgie) en mijn beroep is .
Ik ben geboren op 05/06/1989 en ben nu dus 30 jaar jong.
Mijn hobby's zijn: Worstelen en films.
Druk op onderstaande knop om een berichtje achter te laten in mijn gastenboek