Details On Discovery Channel Partnering With WWE Posted by Andy Steven on 04/07/2012 at 08:23 PM
TThe Discovery Channel released the following information regarding their partnership with WWE:
(Silver Spring, Md.): Discovery Channel is partnering with WWE (NYSE:WWE) on a powerhouse promotion for Deadliest Catch, celebrating its 100th episode with the show's Tuesday, April 10, 2012 premiere. Anchored by a first-ever integration, Catch crew and WWE Superstars came face-to-face at WrestleMania XXVIII on April 1, broadcasted to millions around the world on payper-view and in front of the record-setting, sold out stadium of 78,363 fans.
"We could have just bought an ad, but to have an opportunity to bring these two brands together and really engage the fans with our content was really important to us," said Discovery's Chief Marketing Officer David Shackley. Plus the partnership is multi-platform across WWE television programming, WWE.com, live events and social media.
Custom Deadliest Catch elements will be part of an integrated presence on WWE.com through mid-April including: exclusive video with WWE talent promoting Deadliest Catch; a "Battle Mode" game where fans pick their favorite Catch characters; and a tournament-style "Bracketology" where users vote for their favorite "catches" in WWE history.
Homepage takeovers, Facebook alerts from WWE talent and live events presence running through the premiere of Deadliest Catch on April 10 promises to bring this integrated, pulse-pounding promotion to millions of potential viewers.
Ziggler Gets Passive Aggressive on The Rock Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/07/2012 at 06:09 PM
Dolph Ziggler took a passive aggressive shot at Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson over The Great One's limited schedule with WWE via Twitter.
A Twitter user wrote to the WWE Superstar this week, "Couldn't decide which flexforce WWE figure to buy between your action figure and @therock 's.. chose the rock in the end!" Ziggler responded, "Typical, just make sure you only play with it 4-5 times a year...."
– With WrestleMania XXVIII in the books and new talent being promoted to the main roster, there’s a lot of talk that WWE’s annual talent purge will occur “sooner than later.” This week alone saw the debut of four new talents, and according to Jim Ross, many more wrestlers from Florida Championship Wrestling will likely be introduced in the coming weeks.
* General Manager John Laurinaitis made Teddy Long beg for a job to open up the show. Long at first refused, but Laurinaitis reminded him of his grandchildren's college funds. Laurinaitis said Long has to say he's the better man. Long says that, and Laurinaitis gives him a job. Laurinaitis then makes a handicap match.
* Mark Henry and David Otunga def. R-Truth.
* Randy Orton def. Kane in a No Disqualification Match.
* Ryback def. Barry Stevens.
* Daniel Bryan comes out with AJ for an interview. Bryan yells at AJ for kissing him at Wrestlemania 28 and costing him the World Heavyweight Championship.
* Big Show def. Heath Slater. Cody Rhodes was on commentary during the match. Rhodes tried to interfere, but Big Show scared him off.
* Nikki Bella def. Beth Phoenix. Kelly Kelly interfered to help Nikki.
* Alberto Del Rio def. Sheamus via DQ. Del Rio grabbed a chair, gave it to Sheamus while the referee wasn't looking, and he pretended to be hit with it when he looked. The referee disqualified Sheamus. Sheamus then gave the referee a Brogue Kick.
Dark Match Main Event:
* John Cena, Randy Orton, Sheamus, and Big Show def. Daniel Bryan, Mark Henry, Cody Rhodes, and Kane.
Young Interview: Speaks On Lockdown, Workout Routine, His New Fishing Show And
TNA Wrestler Eric Young spoke with
Nashville's 1025 the game sports
radio. In the interview Eric talks about how he prepares for a match, his
workout routine, TNA Lockdown and more. Eric also gets into some great details
about his upcoming show on Animal Planet including some episode previews,
locations and how he managed to get the role as host of the
How Eric prepares for a
match: For me it's just to be relaxed. To know exactly what I have
to do. When I get nervous thats when I mess up and get hurt. I would imagine
that most pro athletes want to be relaxed.
pre-fight rituals: Well now that I'm older, a little wiser. There's
definitely some stretching. I've hurt my hip and my groin real bad. What I do
athletically is a little bit different athletically than they do. It's all about
being ready and being warm. This is something I do 365 days a year. There is no
off season in pro wrestling. It can be argued that I'm an athlete or pro
athlete. If there is anyone that wants to give this a try, you go ahead and do
it for 365 days a year. I have to look this way 365 days a year. There is no IR
(Injured reserve). If you are on the bill, you are on the show. That's just the
way it goes.
How much time he puts into the
gym: 4-5 days a week. Hard when you are on the road. Tracking a gym
down and getting a day pass or trying to talk them in to letting you go in for
free. It's different for everyone. Lots of cardio. You can't run out of breath
during the end of a 25 minute match when you have to do something exciting at
the end. that also takes a big part of what I do.
TNA Lockdown: It's our biggest show of the year. It's TNA Lockdown.
All of the matches are inside of the steel cage with 50 foot walls. The main
event is with hometown boy James Storm. Grew up in Tenessee, lives in TN. Goes
up against Bobby Roode. Former friend of mine, Canadian guy. Kurt Angle will be
there, Sting, Hulk Hogan, they just put him in there to be the new general
On his upcoming show on Animal
Planet: Yeah its sort of been in the works since the last time I
talked to you guys. It's a fishing show. Right now they aren't settled on the
name. Right now it's being called Fishing America. It may be called crazy like a
fish. There's a few other names that have been floating around. Obviously not my
decision. Its basically a fishing show where I go all across North America
meeting with people that have invented, came up with or stolen very unique,
interesting styles of fishing. I mean some of them are stolen, let's be honest.
It's going to be crazy. They want it to debut during shark week in July. I'm
on my way this Saturday to tape the first episode which is catching bull sharks
off of a paddle board. I just figured out that bull sharks, thanks to the
wonders of the internet, are the most agressive sharks in the
How he managed to get on the show: It
was through a friend of mine who works in TNA as a PA assistant and does some
backstage production, she works part time for animal planet. They have a casting
board online for Animal Planet and she read out the casting call for what they
were looking for, she said 'You're the first person I thought of'. She asked if
she could drop my name in the hat. I didn't think anything of it. Few months
later it was between me, a professional fisherman and a professional comedian. I
won the part, so the part's mine.
production of the show: The first show will be shot just outside of
Miami and the second one will be not far from cape coral. There's an ice one we
are doing next winter in Montreal. Apparently a group of ex Canadian navy divers
that are 60+ do breath-hold spear fishing under the ice.
Interview, Talks TNA Lockdown, Twitter, Wrestling Hiatus And More
TNA star sting spoke with NZPWI on a number of subjects including TNA's
upcoming Lockdown ppv, his current hiatus from in-ring action and
Concerning Bobby Roode's match at TNA
Lockdown: "Well I think it's not only me, I think it's
the whole world that wants to see Bobby Roode get it handed to him, because
somehow-or-another he's managed to hold onto the title without having one
legitimate win yet. I will give him the win against me as being legitimate, but
that would be probably the only one. It's amazing to say that, but I think it's
true. Anyway, I think that James Storm - everyone is behind him and I know that
people would like to see him pull it off."
Regarding the all steel cage match concept of
Lockdown: "The very first time I heard of it, I didn't
really believe in the whole concept because you've got several matches
throughout the night and the wrestling fan is going to see pretty much
everything under the sun all in one night, and by the time you're the last
match, second-to-last match - semi-main event or main event - wrestling fans
have seen just about everything there is possible to see. So it's kind of hard
to [laughs] kind of hard to follow sometimes. But I've found that Lockdown is a
huge pay-per-view and wrestling fans seem to dig it, they love it, and
somehow-or-another all of the great talent that we have here in Impact Wresting
delivers something new and refreshing every match, so it's one of the biggest
that we do."
Having more events on the
road: "Absolutely, it's something that I am pushing
for. I would like to see the show go out on the road. I just think it's time. I
think in order to take this company to the next level that is a step that must
On using social media (twitter) to
interact with fans: "[laughs] It's new for me, for
sure, and I'm still learning and kind of feeling my way through it all but I
think I'm catching on to it, and I'm having fun with it. I knew that I'd be
opening the door to anything and everything, because in our business there's
nothing that's sacred anymore. You pretty much open your whole life up and you
become more vulnerable by being on it. I'm having fun with it. Overall I'm
having fun with it, so, it's been good."
current hiatus from in-ring wrestling: "If I had it my
way I wouldn't be going. I just know that I do need to heal up, and a lot of
people don't realise I wrestled quite a few times in the last year. I'd say more
than most guys my age [laughs] so it kind of took its toll, and being the
General Manager and all, your hands are full. Your plate is full every day - the
demand is high. I don't believe it's going to be long. Maybe a few weeks, that's
it. This isn't going to be one of those things where I disappear for two or
On TNA currently using more younger
talent: "There are some guys who definitely have the
potential here. I know Ken Anderson is one of them. He has everything that it
takes to get there. Some of the newer, younger guys - guys like Magnus. I think
he definitely could. Austin Aries, man, I love watching that guy work. He is
just outstanding, in my book. Some of the new talent, the younger guys - we're
talking real young guys - the highfliers... we've got some very talented people.
Talented people in the ring, out of the ring, talents with microphones... I'd
say we've got a good handful of guys who have the ability, let's say that, to
make it to superstardom."
Hogan Responds To The Scott Steiner Rants, Says Steiner Was Asked To
Hulk Hogan posted the following on his twitter account earlier today speaking out on
the Scott Steiner Twitter drama:
"Wow do I feel like a
fool!I knew Steiner came to TNA the last tapings then was asked to leave,I heard
the news and I was lobbying hard to Bring him back the right way because I see
money and talent in him,I had no idea he felt that way about me because he is
always really nice To me and my family,guess I was really wrong,at least I know
who he really is now. HH"
Rumors on Ric Flair Working with WWE Again Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/05/2012 at 04:33 PM
- There is a lot of talk going around the wrestling world that Ric Flair will be back with WWE in 2013, especially if the Network gets off the ground since a lot of his footage will be used and he's very popular with the public.
Flair's deal with TNA expires at the end of this year.
Flair did an interview for a Charlotte radio station earlier this week where he claimed his last wrestling match was the retirement match against Shawn Michaels. He also talked highly of Vince McMahon and The Rock.
4/2 RAW Breakdown: Lesnar's Return, Rock's Promo Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/05/2012 at 04:22 PM
- As noted before, the April 2nd RAW Supershow on the night after WrestleMania 28 drew a 3.42 cable rating with 5.02 million viewers. In comparison, the RAW in 2011 the night after WrestleMania 27 drew a 3.84 cable rating and 5.62 million viewers.
In the segment breakdown, The Rock opened the show at a 3.6 quarter rating, which is nothing special for the first segment following WrestleMania. Jack Swagger vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Santino Marella lost 295,000 viewers while Alex Riley vs. Lord Tensai in his debut stayed even.
Mark Henry vs. CM Punk gained 148,000 viewers which is bad for that timeslot. The angle with Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio lost 297,000 viewers, which isn't a bad drop for that part of the show. Kofi Kingston vs. Cody Rhodes stayed even while The Miz vs. Zack Ryder lost 150,000 viewers.
The final segment with John Cena and Brock Lesnar's return gained 1,036,000 viewers for a 3.9 quarter-rating in the overrun. This was one of the best gain segments of the past few months.
Rock Signs WWE Contract, Lesnar's Negotiations Posted by Steve Carrier on
04/05/2012 at 04:11 PM
- After signing Brock Lesnar to a one-year deal,
it's also believed that WWE signed The Rock to another one-year deal that will
carry through WrestleMania 29 next year.
With Lesnar and The Rock
headlining next year and the history of the New York market, it's possible that
WrestleMania 29 will be an immediate sellout - something that WWE hasn't done
Regarding Lesnar's deal, it's said that Vince McMahon was
agreeable on the money side but the number of dates that Lesnar would be working
was an issue. Both sides ended up giving a little and Lesnar will be appearing
for between 30 and 40 dates leading up to WrestleMania 29.
WWE's Reaction to the Daniel Bryan Chants Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/05/2012 at 09:09 AM
- While the "YES!" chants for Daniel Bryan have gone over well with WWE officials, some in charge believe that the chants will end beginning with next week's WWE tapings and things will go back to normal for Bryan as far as crowd reaction goes.
Despite WWE expecting the chants to eventually go away, they will be releasing a new "YES" t-shirt soon. Bryan wrote on Twitter:
"The people have spoken, and @wweshop has listened. The #YesYesYes shirt may be out as soon as monday. Will keep you guys updated."
- Rosa Mendes continued ranting on Twitter Wednesday about Epico and Primo being left off the WrestleMania 28 pay-per-view. As noted before, these comments from she and Epico are all part of the storylines:
"The dark match at #Wrestlemania isn't televised, we are Tag Team Champions!! I'm livid!!! Get it? Got it? Good!!"
"We are the most entertaining, athletic team in #WWE!!! People want to see us and wish they could be us!!"
"The fact that Maria Menounos had a #Wrestlemania match and we didn't. Disgusts me!! We are tag team Champions! It doesn't make any sense!"
CM Punk Talks About Lesnar's Return and More Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/04/2012 at 09:24 PM
Mike Jones from DC101 recently interviewed WWE Champion, CM Punk. Here are a few highlights.
On the unpredictability of his match with Chris Jericho at WrestleMania: "Yeah. I think that's how we got it. I think any good match winds up that way. You don't really know who's going to win. Because it's kind of boring if you know.
On whether or not he was nervous during the match: "No. Not while I'm out there. WrestleMania is definitely a high pressure situation. I think everybody has nerves before they go out there. Once you're out there and you're in the ring -- to me -- it's business as usual. I'm at home and I'm comfortable. I wasn't feeling any nerves while I was out there. It was just getting out there and the anticipation. Waiting for the day.
"I mean, we get to the building so early that I wanted to wrestle by noon. I was ready to go. It's kind of a game of hurry up and wait. You start thinking and that's when the butterflies start hitting your stomach."
On how his feud with Chris Jericho may progress: "It's few and far between that you get a guy the caliber of Jericho in the ring. Honestly, I think it's been a while that anybody's been able to match up with me as well as he does. As despicable as the things he's doing, you've got to tip your hat to a guy who's been on many, many levels.
"So, yeah. If I can squeeze two or three pay-per-views out of it, I'm definitely going to."
On Brock Lesnar and his return to WWE: "I think it's too early to tell. Everybody is going to be asking us as superstars what the deal is with Brock. The honest truth is nobody knows yet. He obviously came out and dumped Cena on his dome. Is he strictly going after Cena or is he going to try and dump me on my head next Monday? I really don't know.
"To me, that's the appeal of 52 live shows a year. You tune in every Monday to find out what happens. Honestly, I wouldn't spoil it for you if I knew but I truly don't know. So, it makes me a bit of a fan again to be able to watch stuff unfold as it happens."
On legends like Roddy Piper and Bret Hart pulling for him to carry the torch: "Well, I can't get behind that 100% because I feel almost egotistical in a way. Like I'm bragging. But it's all true stories. I was floored.
"I had my friend Colt Cabana up in the friends and family box. (The Iron) just got over a foot surgery so he's still in a wheel chair. I guess they wheeled him out for my match and when my match was over they wheeled him back. Like, it was the only thing he watched. I was totally flattered by that. I got Bret Hart saying it was the best match on the show and I was floored by that. I sat with Roddy Piper and talked for about 45 minutes after the show and I talked to him.
"Yeah, I definitely think there's a link between myself and the old school. But I think it has a lot to do with the work ethic and my passion and respect for the business. And for the 'old timers'. I'm very much rooted in that old school."
On breaking into the business and whether or not it was tough in the beginning: "Oh, yeah. I didn't know when I started out that there was such a thing as a wrestling school. So, me and friends just started doing our own thing. We built wrestling rings and then we bought wrestling rings and we were running our own shows. We were pissing everybody off in Chicago. 'Why are we pissing everybody off?' Because we weren't trained.
"I went and got trained and you're driving all over hell and creation for no money at all just to get experience. Just to get your feet wet, just to get your name out there. That's pretty much gone by the wayside. I think
- "The Pope" D'Angelo Dinero revealed on his Twitter that JTG and Kofi Kingston are in the running to replace Randy Orton in The Marine 3. "Just found out that @TrueKofi and @Jtg1284 are being considered for the lead role in The Marine 3," he wrote. "Congrats! Groundbreaking this can be.~PHS”
Scott Steiner Continues Trashing TNA Executives Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/05/2012 at 10:27 PM
Scott Steiner, who parted ways with TNA Wrestling last week, posted numerous messages on Twitter Thursday slamming his formerly employer's brain trust, particularly Hulk Hogan. He also alleges that TNA controls Sting's account on the microblogging site.
* When these assholes got control they tried to takeover everybodys twitter page
* u didnt have twitter they made one up for U...so u people who think yur tweeting sting its not him
* He told me he doesnt watch the show.so hes not tweeting about a show he doesnt watch
* Evrybody refused to sign over twitter so every wk u get an email begging u to twitter what they want
* Got one today,Please tweet this;Hogan take over as GM wonder what he will do...WTF really
* Even if u r not on show Please tweet..so the booking team of pritchard bischoff n hogan wont book U want u to tweet about hogan
* Tweet about yurself hogan nobody else wants to tweet about u u f***ing mark
* Im tweeting what they wish they could
* Wondeting what hogans going to do...hmmmm...hes a fn mark so hes going to make a couple of matches that ppl want to see
* Nothing more unprofessional than a heel wanting to be cheered
* So ppl cheer him which pissd everybody off especially sting bcuz he had to wrestle him
* Have the future of wrestling garrett do something bcuz eric told him to in booking meeting....what a f***ing joke
* Now hes good but hes going to everything like he did when he was bad bcuz he was first good
* And that produced the worst ratings ever so he went bad which was just as bad as when he was good
* Then his bad wasnt any good bcuz his ratings still sucked so he turnd back to good from bad
* Wtf y'all get his bullshit ....dont forget to say BROTHER ..bcuz its fresh
* Stupid mofo
* Remember deny u had anything to do with the release of the sex tape to try n get more sales
* How kardashian of u....Homomania running wild..his shit writes itself
* His w
* His ex-wife said he was gay right!!!..hhmmm who brought in Orlando Jordan
TNA Impact Wrestling Quick Results April 5, 2012 in Orlando, FL (Taped)
* The show kicked off with Sting and Dixie Carter waiting in the ring with every member of the locker room at ringside. Carter introduced Hulk Hogan, who thanked Sting and Carter for giving him the opportunity and said the company is on a fast track. Hogan announced Matt Morgan vs. Crimson for the Lockdown and said tonight there would be a Knockouts Challenge to determine who would face Gail Kim at the PPV. Hogan then called out Eric Bischoff and Ric Flair at ringside said Bischoff wasn't in the building. The World Champ Bobyby Roode shows up late with his bodyguard.
Roode told Hogan he does what he wants when he wants and how he wants. Roode promised to embarrass Storm at Lockdown. Roode tried to leave but Hogan cut him off and told Roode things are changing. Hogan announces Mr. Anderson vs Bobby Roode tonight. Roode was not happy and took off. Hogan then announced Jeff Hardy would face Kurt Angle right now instead of at Lockown.
(1) Jeff Hardy defeated Kurt Angle via count out. During the match, Hardy tossed Angle to the floor and dropkicked him into the barricade. Angle was busted open the hard way. The finish saw, Angle attempt to low blow Hardy. Hardy blocked Angle just walked to the back for the count out.
* Backstage, Hogan confronted Kurt Angle and announced he will face Hardy at Lockdown in the cage. Following that, Flair spoke to Eric Bischoff on the phone and told Bischoff that he needed to get to the building.
* Bully Ray came out and cut on Austin Aries, who responded by inturupting Ray's promo. Aries shushed the crowd and Ray before attacking and putting Ray in the corner for a beating.Ray quickly hit him with a running powerbomb.
* Joseph Park was backstage, earlier today, looking for Abyss in catering dishes.
(2) Velvet Sky defeated Mickie James, Winter, Tara, Angelina Love and Madison Rayne in a Knockouts Challenge to become the #1 Contender for the TNA Knockouts Championship. They traded finishers until finally Sky hit James with her facebuster and and picked up the win.
* Backstage, Eric Young had a bachelor party that ODB interrupted.
(3) James Storm defeated AJ Styles. The two worked a very competitive back and forth match. Storm hit the Last Call superkick out of nowhere for the win. After the match, Storm cut a quick promo and called out Bobby Roode for next week's show.
* Backstage, Hulk Hogan told Sting and to go home and get healthy because he needs him.
* Backstage, James Storm celebrated his win with Montgomery Gentry. After Storm took off, Bobby Roode and his bodyguards showed up and they went back and forth with words. Roode spat water in their faces and then ran off.
(4) Motor City Machine Guns defeated Mexican America. Sabin and Shelley hit a neckbreaker, flying splash combo for the win. After the match, Sabin said they're coming after the TNA Tag Team titles.
* Backstage, Ric Flair talked to Eric Bischoff, who just arrived and told him about how they need to regain control.
* Hogan was back in the ring and called out Bischoff. After a little bit of back forth on the mic, Hogan said that instead of Gunner vs. Garett Bischoff at Lockdown, it would be Team Eric vs Team Garett in a Lethal Lockdown match. He said if Eric's team wins, Garett would not wrestle again in TNA but if Garett wins, then Eric would leave TNA and be unable to use the Bischoff name again. Eric agreed to the match.
(5) Mr. Anderson defeated World Champion Bobby Roode (Non-Title) after a reverse decision. The referee kicked Roode's bodyguards out of the ringside area. For the finish the referee got bumped and was not able to make the three-count while Anderson had a cover. Anderson tried to check on the ref, but Roode hits Anderson in the head with a beer bottle and makes the cover for the win. Anderson was busted open. After the match, Hulk Hogan and James storm both ended up coming out. Hogan announced he's reversing the decision and making Anderson the winner of this match. Roode said screw Hogan.
Dixie Carter posted the following on her
official facebook account:
Jose Canseco tweeted me this today "@TNADixie Big fan of TNA.
would love to work with hogan. Any room for special guests in upcoming
programs?" Interesting as he makes tonight's Impact Wrestling already!! Tune in
Spike TV 9 pm ET
TNA Extends Contract With SpikeTV, May Include More TNA Programming
Multichannel news is reporting that TNA and SpikeTV
have agreed to a multi-year extension that will continue delivering TNA Impact
Wrestling on SpikeTV. The specifics of the contract were not revealed. The press
release also teases new potential TNA branded shows on the network but again, no
specifics were given. Press release below:
wrestling outfit TNA Entertainment has pinned down a multi-year extension with
Spike Tv that could include additional television projects beyond its weekly
Impact Wrestling series, according to Dixie Carter, TNA Entertainment
Spike, which debuted TNA programming in
2005, will remain the exclusive home for TNA programming - including the
wrestling company's Thursday night weekly series Impact Wrestling -- as part of
the deal. Terms of agreement were not
TNA's Impact Wrestling has delivered
strong viewership ratings for Spike over the past seven years. The series, which
features such wrestlers as Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle, Sting,
James Storm and Rob Van Dam, is averaging 1.7 million viewers thus far in 2012,
ranking it among the male-targeted network's most watched series.
Carter told Multichannel News that the Spike
extension will further help build the 10-year old TNA through additional
branding opportunities, although she would not reveal specifics. Carter didn't
rule out the possibility of another TNA-based show on Spike or additional
TNA-branded TV projects.
"We look forward to working
with Spike to help us build and extend the TNA brand," Carter said. The deal comes on the heels of TNA's announcement that it will
distribute a June pay-per-view event marking the company's 10th anniversary. The
event, Slammiversary 2012, will air June 10 and will originate from the
Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex arena, the company said."
Former Major League Baseball player and
all around controversial personality, Jose Canseco seems to want to join TNA. He
revealed his intentions via
twitter, writing directly to TNA President Dixie Carter:
"@TNADixie Big fan of TNA. would
love to work with hogan. Any room for special guests in upcoming programs?"
Heyman Not Joining Lesnar, WWE's Interest and More Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/04/2012 at 10:36 AM
- There has been a lot of speculation on Paul Heyman returning to WWE now that Brock Lesnar has returned for at least a year. Word is that there are no plans for Heyman to come in, he was not part of the negotiations and is not a part of the deal.
Heyman simply isn't available as he has other things going on.
There are people in WWE who want Heyman to come back as a sort of "talking head" or a TV personality. Heyman is based in the Northeast and could be useful as a public figure for WWE.
WWE has reached out for Heyman to do interviews and things like that but he has turned them down every time because he has other priorities.
It's possible that we see Heyman return to WWE in the future but don't bet on it happening anytime soon, based on talk that's going around.
- Matt Hardy and MVP will pick back up on their WWE feud on May 19th in Nashville, Tennessee for the Crossfire wrestling promotion at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds Sports Arena. Reby Sky will also be in action plus Jerry Lynn vs. Kid Kash. MVP wrote on Twitter that he rarely does US indy appearances but couldn't resist the opportunity to wrestle Matt again.
- Before WWE originally announced Randy Orton for The Marine 3, officials were considering three other Superstars for the movie - John Cena, Cody Rhodes and CM Punk. No word yet if one of these Superstars will take the role now that Orton has been removed from the cast.
Spoiler: Absent WWE Wrestler Returns To Action Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/04/2012 at 08:54 AM
Ryan Reeves, who formerly appeared for WWE as Skip Sheffield, made his return to company programming at Tuesday's SmackDown television taping in Orlando, Florida as Ryback. He squashed a local competitor in a brief match.
The former NXT contestant had not appeared on WWE programming since the August 16, 2010 episode of Monday Night Raw. On August 18, 2010, during a Raw live event in Honolulu, Hawaii, he suffered a compound fracture of his ankle during a tag team match against David Hart Smith and Tyson Kidd. Reeves underwent three surgical procedures (the last one taking place in June) before recovering from the injury in late 2011. He competed in several non-televised matches since then.
Reeves could be in line for a huge promotion as Vince McMahon is said to be high on the hulking grappler. John Piermarini, who worked in WWE's creative department during 2009 and 2010, revealed last year that McMahon had at one point believed he could be the organization's number two babyface wrestler.
Epico posted the following to Twitter, calling out the lack of presence he and
Primo had at WrestleMania and on TV this week:
Can you believe this
@LaRosaMendes ? Every single WWE title was on The Wrestlemania PPV. But the WWE
tag champs get the Pre-show
I thought this was WRESTLEmania.... Not
CONCERTmania... Who did Flo-rida and that MGK beat??? I guess they beat the tag
Not only the tag champs get left out of wrestlemania... We
weren't even on Raw and it looks like we won't be on smackdown either...
UPDATE: Epico continued his posts on Twitter today about being left off
WrestleMania and TV this week, adding:
And since when is Flo-rida, MGK
and that menounos chick relevant to a wrestlemania????
Rosa Mendes also
posted about it:
I'm really confused to say the least, I'm one of the
hottest Divas on the roster, @WWEEpico and Primo are super athletes and we only
get the dark match at #WrestleMania, no match on #Raw let's see if we even have
a match on #Smackdown. Are people that intimidated by us?
Former Creative Writer Vince Russo Defends His Work
Former WWE, WCW and TNA writer Vince Russo, was interviewed by PWTorch Livecast last Friday primarily to speak
on his time writing material for WWE's Wrestlemania shows. The interview quickly
dissolved as host, Wade Keller, bombarded Russo with questions about his time in
TNA and his controversial booking style. Below is a quick recap of the
"This is why I'm hated by the internet community and I completely
understand it but there's nothing I could have or would have done differently.
When I started writing at the beginning of the 'Attitude Era' -- I'll never
forget it -- the Raw show that broke the camel's back did a 1.9. The next
morning, I got called into Vince's office (and) the rest is history. A 1.9. At
some point, that 1.9 turned into a 7.0. Now, that 7.0 is once again at a
"You have to understand something; I don't have a wrestling
philosophy. The way I've always written a show is, 'Whatever is hot and whatever
is drawing eye balls, we're going to go with it. And if something wasn't hot and
if something wasn't drawing, we're going to get this off the show.' So, at WWE,
we literally looked at the minute-by-minute ratings. We knew -- every minute --
what the people were watching (and) what the people were turning off. We just
kept going with what they were watching. What they were watching. What they were
"That 1.9 fan-base they had was the wrestling fan. When we grew
it to a 7.0, that was really the non-wrestling, casual fan that was now tuning
into the show because the show was now cool and hip. They could talk about Steve
Austin and The Rock. You know, the blue collar workers with Austin and McMahon.
It became hip to the non-traditional wrestling crowd. "Well, they're
non-traditional and they're not the wrestling crowd because they weren't
watching it for the wrestling. They were watching it for the stories, the
characters, the soap opera. That's what drew the casual fans in.
job is based on bringing in the highest rating to the company. That type of
wrestling was not the type of wrestling that the internet community was into.
The internet community wants to see wrestling and I understood that. I knew
that. But I also knew that I was getting paid to draw the highest number. That's
"I had this conversation with someone the other day. If an A.J.
Styles and Christopher Daniels 20 minute match drew a high rating, wouldn't
Vince put it on every show? If the casual fan -- and I mean the masses -- really
loved the wrestling aspect of the show -- 20-30 minute matches -- and that's
what they were watching for, do you know how easy that would have made my job?
To just book matches on the show? My job would have been a piece of
"But, the reality is that the difference between that 1.9 and that
7.0 -- they're not technical, wrestling-on-the-mat fans. They're casual fans
that like the entertainment aspect. So, my job was to feed those fans and not
cater to that internet crowd that really liked those 30 minute, 5 star matches.
The frustrating thing is that I'm a wrestling fan. As a wrestling fan, at the
end of the day, I want as many people as possible to watch the product. Because
the more people that watch it, the more that everybody related to the business
thrives. That's all I tried to do."
A twenty-four year-old man
reportedly died when his fourteen year-old cousin choked him out while they were
watching WrestleMania last night. The man, Stephen A. Arceneaux, III of New
Orleans, was pronounced dead at 10:39 PM the cousin allegedly choked him out
with a wrestling hold. The Times-Picayune newspaper has the following account of
what happened: "Witnesses reported that Arceneaux said he would not give up
or tap out. But, at some point, someone noticed that Arceneaux was turning blue
and told the youngster to release the hold. When he did, witnesses realized that
Arceneaux had stopped breathing and dialed 911, shortly after 10:00 p.m.
Arceneaux's girlfriend tried to revive him with CPR. He was transported to St.
Charles Parish Hospital, where he was pronounced dead."
Scott Steiner Continues Ripping TNA On Twitter Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/03/2012 at 02:14 AM
In a move that could mark the end of Scott Steiner's two decade plus reign as a mainstream wrestler, the multi-time champion was released from his contract with TNA Wrestling last week. "Big Poppa Pump" slammed the organization's creative direction Monday afternoon on his Twitter account in response to the termination.
"Can somebody send tna's booking team of pritchard hogan (and) bischoff video's from ring ka king..booking hogan in a sex tape wont help ratings..what an embarassment to TNA (and) spike tv. Brother..." he wrote via text.
The former World Heavyweight Champion continued his verbal onslaught of his former employer and its creative figure heads late into the night with the following messages:
* Read my tweats people, I am not blasting TNA if I do I will let you know.
* Right now im trying to save tna bcuz its the titanic and its sinking fast bcuz hogan n bischoff r doing the same bullshit they did to de ...
* It took them 1 1/2 months to drive tna to its lowest ratings ever...the best way to save it is to jump off and be the voice for the guys ...
* Bitter????I have nothing to be bitter about! I have a contract extension signed by tna officials that under the circumstances i would no ...
* Official that under the circumstances i would not sign
Scott Steiner Slams TNA’s Booking Posted by Andy Steven on 04/02/2012 at 07:07 PM
– After parting ways with TNA Wrestling last week, “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner slammed the organization’s creative heads Monday afternoon on Twitter.
“Can somebody send tna’s booking team of pritchard hogan (and) bischoff video’s from ring ka king..booking hogan in a sex tape wont help ratings..what an embarassment to TNA (and) spike tv. Brother…” he wrote via text.
WWE Pulls Randy Orton from The Marine 3 Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/03/2012 at 07:55 AM
- WWE has pulled Randy Orton from starring in The Marine 3: Homefront after several real Marines complained because Randy deserted them when he was in the United States Marine Corps before signing with WWE.
A WWE representative told TMZ.com that they demonstrated poor judgment in signing Orton for the movie.
WWE's rep told TMZ:
"Despite Randy's popularity, the fact that he was dishonorably discharged from the USMC made it inappropriate for him to be cast in this film."
Cpl. Mike Vinn, who was in a unit with Orton, became furious when he found out Orton was going to be starring in the movie. Orton received a bad conduct discharge in 1999 after going AWOL on two separate occasions and disobeying an order from a commanding officer. Orton ended up being court-martialed and served 38 days in a military prison.
Before WWE pulled Orton from the movie, Vinn told TMZ:
"I am disgusted that his face and the word Marine are being used next to each other -- real or fake -- because of the fact that he quit us, the country, and the Marine Corps. [Randy] in the role of a Marine is a disgrace to those that have worn and are wearing that uniform."
Backstage News on Lesnar's New Deal with WWE Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/03/2012 at 01:38 AM
- Multiple sources report that Brock Lesnar has signed a one-year deal with WWE that will see him work through WrestleMania 29 in New Jersey next year.
Lesnar has signed on for a minimum of two appearances per month over the next year plus additional appearances during the build to WrestleMania 29. The belief is that Lesnar will make around 30-35 appearances over the next year but WWE likely has the ability to negotiate additional appearances, if he's willing to make them.
As seen on RAW, The Rock teased a run with the WWE Title. Speculation is that Lesnar will eventually challenge The Rock for the WWE Title at WrestleMania 29.
Brock Lesnar Makes Return to WWE on Raw Former WWE and UFC Champion Brock Lesnar made his return to WWE on tonight's RAW Supershow from the American Airlines Arena in Miami, Florida. </p>
<p>Lesnar appeared when John Cena invited The Rock out to close the show. During Cena's promo, the crowd had chanted for Lesnar twice. </p>
<p>Lesnar laid Cena out with the F5 to end the show. <br></p></body>
Monday Night RAW Supershow Miami, Florida April 2nd 2012 Commentators: Jerry Lawler & Michael Cole Reported by: David Stephens of WrestleView.com
Are you ready? Then stop questioning your heart and join me because it’s time for Monday Night RAW!
The show kicks off backstage with the entire roster gathered around the new GM of both RAW & Smackdown – John Laurinaitis. He announces a Triple Threat Match for the US Title tonight. CM Punk will also be in action to defend his Title against Mark Henry. Laurinaitis claims that tonight is the start of a new era.
The Rock’s music hits and he makes his way out onto the entrance ramp amidst a monstrous response from the crowd. He makes his way down to the ring and soaks up the crowd reaction. The Rock says that 14 months ago he came back to the WWE, he came home. He holds up his arm to show the goose bumps. The Rock says that there is one man that he has to thank – John Cena. The crowd begins to loudly boo and chant “Cena Sucks”.
He says that Cena brought it to The Rock like never before. Move after move The Rock struggled to get Cena off of him. Rock says it was the biggest match of all time. Win or lose at the end of the day the most important thing is that they made history at Wrestlemania, and they did it for the fans. The Rock wants to thank John Cena and Cena’s friends. Most of all, The Rock has to thank the people. He has to thank the millions – and millions – of The Rock’s fans.
Rock jokes about getting cut by the Canadian Football League so many years ago. Today, he is able to stand in front of the WWE Universe as The Peoples Champion. Rock says that for those who think that this is the end, he gauran-damn-tees that this is just the beginning. “Thank You Rocky” erupts throughout the arena.
Rock went out in Miami last night to celebrate his victory. While he was dancing and celebrating he had a vision. It’s a vision that some may think is impossible, but Rock doesn’t care about impossible. He asks if the people want to hear his vision. Of course they do! Rock’s vision is to one day walk down the entrance ramp as WWE Champion once again! The crowd is going insane chanting, “Yes, Yes, Yes”.
The Rock says it will come true one day, if you SME-LL-LLLLLL what The Rocks is cooking!
“Excuse Me”. Vickie Guerrero comes out on the ramp to introduce her clients for the next match.
United States Championship Santino Marella v. Jack Swagger v. Dolph Ziggler
The three men square off. Swagger backs Santino into the corner and then tosses him towards Dolph. Ziggler kicks him to the mat and then does a couple of sit-ups while wrenching back on Santino’s arm. Swagger rolls around on the mat with Santino and does pushups across his back. Santino dodges punches from both men and throws Dolph out of the ring. Swagger charges and hits a hard shoulder block.
Back from the break, Dolph holds Santino’s hands behind his back. Swagger hits a punch. Santino escapes and throws Dolph aside. Santino shoulder blocks Swagger to the mat and reaches for the cobra. Dolph is back on his feet to intercept. Swagger lifts Santino into the air and Ziggler hits a leg drop. Ziggler goes for the cover, but Swagger breaks it up. Swagger slams Dolph down hard to the mat and charges for the second rope splash on Santino. It misses and Dolph floors him with dropkick. Santino is back on his feet and throws Dolph to the outside of the ring. Santino still has the cobra on his arm and uses it on Swagger. This match is over!
Winner & STILL US Champion: Santino
After the match Dolph and Swagger try to follow Santino up the entrance ramp. Brodus Clay appears and comes to the aid of Santino. Ziggler charges, but gets swatted down onto the steel ramp. Brodus’ music hits and his dancers appear. Santino joins in on the dance party!
New music blasts through the arena as Lord Tensai makes his way down to the ring. He is accompanied by a Japanese sidekick of sorts. Tensai’s ring gear is a robe and Samurai hood and mask.
Lord Tensai v. Alex Riley
Riley charges but Tensai hits an elbow to the jaw. Riley is pushed back into the corner. Tensai follows after and connects with a punch. Tensai throws him hard across the ring towards the other corner. Tensai lifts him to his feet only to maul him down to the mat. Tensai hits a huge double underhook slam. He bounces off the ropes and hits first one, then a second elbow. Tensai leaps for a massive running senton. Tensai pushes him into the corner again and beats down on Riley with his elbows. The crowd begins to chant for Alex Riley. Tensai clobbers Riley with a sit-out choke bomb. The referee calls for the bell.
Winner: Lord Tensai
After the match, Tensai goes back on the attack by gripping Riley’s head in his hands.
WWE Championship CM Punk v. Mark Henry
They lock up and Henry grabs him by the throat. Punk uses his legs to escape and hits a dropkick. Henry knocks him down to the mat and delivers an axe handle. Henry kicks the injured mid-section of Punk. Henry pulls back on the arms of Punk by using his arms for leverage. Henry continues to stomp on his back.
Punk pulls himself to his feet and knees the midsection of Henry. He bounces off the ropes but gets swatted to the mat. Cover, but Punk kicks out. Henry uses his shoulder to attack the back of Punk. Henry catches Punk in a bear hug. Punk quickly begins to punch to try and free himself. It doesn’t work at first, but Punk sends him to the mat with a DDT. Cover, but Henry throws him across the ring.
Punk is back on his feet and connects with a number of kicks. Cover, but Henry kicks out. Punk climbs to the second rope and leaps for a crossbody. Henry catches him and throws him into the turnbuckle. Henry climbs up to the second rope himself. Punk springs to his feet and pulls Henry back down to earth. He charges for the high knee, but Henry intercepts with a huge boot. Henry heads for the second rope again for a splash. Punk rolls out of the way and heads to the apron. Punk springboards but gets swatted out of the way.
Back from the break Punk leaps from the top rope for a crossbody. Henry counters with a big boot. Henry uses both his hands to apply leverage to a nerve on the back of Punk’s neck. Punk struggles to his feet and hits a jawbreaker. Punk kicks at Henry, but Henry whips him into the corner. Henry charges for a splash but Punk moves out of the way. Punk connects with a couple of kicks and punches before laying on the chops. Punk kicks him square in the jaw and Henry falls to the mat. Punk climbs to the top rope. He takes a moment to straighten his body, and then leaps for a beautiful elbow. Punk appears to have hurt his already banged up midsection. Henry is the first to his feet.
Punk charges and connects with the high knee in the corner. Punk follows with a second and goes for the bulldog. Henry lifts him into the air and throws him right to the outside of the ring. The referee begins a ten count. Punk struggles to his feet, but can’t make it back into the ring.
Winner via Countout: Mark Henry STILL WWE Champion: CM Punk
After the match, Henry exits the ring to find Punk. He lifts him into the air and delivers a World’s Strongest Slam on the outside.
John Laurinaitis appears on the entrance ramp with David Otunga. He says that he wants more consistent matches and Title defenses for CM Punk. He sees dark clouds on the horizon for Punk.
Chris Jericho appears in the crowd. He asks what just happened to CM Punk. Jericho says that they had an epic and classic match last night. Jericho says that they should celebrate with a drink. Jericho says that he promised that he would be the reason that Punk takes his first drink. Jericho has a bottle of whiskey and stands over the fallen Punk. He takes the whiskey and dumps it all over the face and body of CM Punk. Jericho then connects with a couple of punches for good measure. Jericho says that Punk’s father is an alcoholic and his sister is a drug addict. Jericho picks up another bottle and tells Punk that he shouldn’t drink too much, because if he does it will go straight to his head. Jericho smashes the bottle, breaking it across the skull of CM Punk!
Sheamus’ music hits and he makes his way down to the ring. Alberto Del Rio’s music immediately hits and he makes a grand return to RAW. Rio says that people will soon forget about Sheamus’ 18 second victory because now Sheamus has a new challenger. Del Rio announces that he will face Sheamus this week on Smackdown. If Rio wins, he will earn a World Heavyweight Championship Match! The fans begin to chant, “Si! Si! Si!”. Sheamus says that he is delighted that Rio is here because the people don’t want to see him talk, they want to see him Brogue Kick someone right in the face!
Rio tells him to relax, he isn’t here looking for a fight – because he already has one. In another of his return, Rio has been given a match this Friday on Smackdown. The crowd is chanting for Daniel Bryan. Rio tries to continue talking but his mic cuts out. Rio looks annoyed and is handed another mic by Ricardo Rodriguez. While his back is turned, Sheamus squares up and then connects with a Brogue Kick!
Daniel Bryan and AJ are shown backstage. The crowd loudly cheers. Mathews says that this much be painful for him and asks about last night’s loss. Bryan stares him down.
Cody Rhodes v. Kofi Kingston
Rhodes pushes Kofi into the corner and smashes his head against the turnbuckle. Rhodes kicks the gut of Kofi and charges towards the corner. Kofi blocks with his leg and leaps out with a crossbody. Cover, but Cody kicks out. Rhodes bounces off the second rope with a disaster kick. Instead of going for the cover, Rhodes appears to look for a chinlock.
The Big Show’s music hits and he has a mic. He says that he has something to show Rhodes from Wrestlemania, he just hopes it isn’t too embarrassing. It is a picture montage of Cody being knocked out. Rhodes turns around only to walk right into Trouble in Paradise! This match is over.
Winner via Big Distraction: Kofi Kingston
Mark Henry is shown backstage throwing things in his locker room. Abraham Washington walks into the room and says that it is time for some change. Abraham says that he wants to represent Henry and lead him back to greatness. AW gives Henry his card and tells him to think about it.
Eve’s music hits and she walks onto the entrance ramp with a microphone. The crowd chants “Hoeskie”. Eve says that everyone wants to have their Wrestlemania moment. Last night, she had hers. She manipulated Zack Ryder, and it was easy. The crowd begins to chant for Ryder. Eve says that it is easy for her to manipulate men, except for one man – John Laurinaitis. Eve says that powerful men cannot be eliminated. She asks the fans to give it up for People Power.
Video Recap: The Rock thanking Cena earlier tonight on RAW
The Miz v. Zack Ryder
They square off and brawl in the middle of the ring. Ryder ties for a cover, but Miz kicks out. Ryder is fired up and backs Miz into the corner. Miz gets to his feet and knocks Ryder back with a kick. Miz gets behind Ryder and begins to club his neck before applying a rear headlock. Ryder throws Miz to the mat and then counters a splash with a double knee attack. Ryder bounces off the ropes with a high knee and then slams Miz’s face to the mat. Ryder charges and hits a splash. Ryder pumps up and hits the Broskie Boot. Cover, but Miz kicks out.
Ryder kicks Miz in the gut and then throws him shoulder first into the steel post. Miz connects with the Skull Crushing Finale. This match is over.
Winner via Skull Crushing Finale: The Miz
John Cena’s music hits and he makes his way down to the ring. The crowd is heavily booing at first but begins to sound mixed. Cena has a mic and takes a moment before speaking. Cena says he never thought of losing. But now that it has happened the only thing to do is to do it right. That is the obligation he owes to those that believe in him. Everyone takes defeat in life. Cena talked a lot on the road to Wrestlemania. Cena won’t make excuses; he meant every single thing that he said. He meant it then and he meant it now. There was not one second in the yearlong build up to Wrestlemania that he thought he would lose because if you think like that then you will lose. But, no one goes through life undefeated. A true person continues on despite the loss.
Cena says that there was some speculation over how he would react to the crowd. Would he come out and lash out against his opponent? The crowd starts to chant that he is a loser. Will this be the date that he finally lashes out against the WWE Universe? The crowd chants “yes”. Cena says that that will not happen, so the crowd boos. Cena says that he was a man and was beaten. As a man he will admit his defeat. Last night, he lost to The Rock.
There will be critics that will say it was the most important moment of Cena’s career; however he promises that it won’t be his last. Cena thanks everyone who has supported him through all of this. Cena even shouts out MGK. He says that if he has let anyone down, then he is sorry. All that Cena can do is wipe the slate clean and earn his way back up.
Cena claims that he is not out here to call out The Rock. They called each other out for a year, and settled it last night. The crowd chants, “We Want Lesnar”. Cena says it is an always interesting crowd on Monday Night RAW. Cena says that he actually wants The Rock. Not to call him out or fight, but to show his respect. Cena says that he wants The Rock to know that he considers him a Champion, an inspiration, and the greatest WWE Superstar in the industry. Cena says that this past year has been exhausting.
The crowd once again chants for Lesnar. Cena says that he understands the excitement in the air, but he put his heart and soul in the match last night. But to be honest, The Rock was the better man. Cena plays into the chants for, “Yes” and shouts out Daniel Bryan. The crowd begins to chant for Bryan. Cena says that this is why he loves RAW. Cena would just like to take the moment to recognize The Rock as the better man and congratulate him on his victory.
Brock Lesnar! Instead of The Rock, it is Brock Lesnar’s music that hits! Lesnar walks out onto the entrance ramp!
Lesnar walks his way down to the ring. Lesnar goes for a handshake… but grabs Cena and hits the F-5! Lesnar stands over his fallen foe as the show fades to black!
WWE Superstar Out of Action for 6 Weeks Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/02/2012 at 05:39 PM
- WWE Superstar Justin Gabriel, who tagged with Tyson Kidd in the WrestleMania 28 dark match, says he is injured and will be out of action for six weeks. He had x-rays and an MRI done on his elbow today but won't need surgery.
"Just had X-rays and MRI on elbow. Good news : no surgery needed. Bad news: out for 6 weeks."
- During Sunday's WrestleMania XXVIII pay-per-view broadcast, Jerry "The King" Lawler referenced TNA Wrestling Senior Vice President of Programming and Talent Relations Bruce Prichard's former WWE character Brother Love while expressing his disdain for John Laurinaitis' white suit.
"That suit is so ugly, it would give Brother Love a heart attack," Lawler said.
Prichard recently suffered a pair of 'small' heart attacks, causing him to miss the last set of Impact Wrestling tapings.
- As noted before, TNA wanted WWE to mention them on the Hall of Fame ceremony in return for allowing Ric Flair to appear. WWE turned down that request but reportedly agreed to another one - a WWE talent appearing on a TNA DVD.
Details are sketchy right now but TNA wanted a WWE wrestler to come into their studio as a "talking head" and speak on one of their DVD releases. TNA asked for this in exchange for allowing Flair to appear on the WrestleMania 28 DVD.
A.J. Addresses Bryan's Loss Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/02/2012 at 01:28 AM
- As Daniel Bryan went to kiss his girlfriend AJ at WrestleMania XXVIII, he ignored the fact that the bell had already rung to start his World Heavyweight Championship Match against Sheamus. The Celtic Warrior immediately Brogue Kicked him for the victory. A.J. addressed the blunder via Twitter, writing, "I have a feeling I'm sleeping on the couch tonight..."
She continued, "Despite Danny's loss, this was the best night of my life. Wanted to walk down that ramp my whole life. Also happy I didn't trip."
- Big Show is now a Grand Slam Champion after capturing the Intercontinental Championship from Cody Rhodes at WrestleMania XXVIII. The term is used to describe a wrestler who has won a Tag Team Championship, the Intercontinental Championship, either the European or Hardcore Championship, and either the WWE Championship or the World Heavyweight Championship. There have been eleven other Grand Slam Champions in WWE history.
He also joins the Triple Crown club, which includes 23 other WWE Superstars.
- Tyler Reks and Curt Hawkins appeared during WrestleMania 28 after rapper Flo Rida shoved Heath Slater into a wall backstage. Reks wrote on Twitter about the segment and told fans to look out for change:
"Me & @TheCurtHawkins got our first #WrestleMania moment together. Thx to everyone that was pullin for us! Keep an eye out for #Change!"
Title Changes and Attendance from WrestleMania 28 Posted by Steve Carrier on 04/01/2012 at 11:16 PM
- The dark match before tonight's WrestleMania pay-per-view saw Primo and Epico retain the WWE Tag Team Titles against Tyson Kidd & Justin Gabriel and The Usos.
- As noted before, Sheamus defeated Daniel Bryan to become the new World Heavyweight Champion in just 18 seconds. F4Wonline.com reported that WWE wanted to break the record of the short Kane vs. Chavo Guerrero match a few years back and the plan had been in the works for some time.
- Big Show defeated Cody Rhodes to become the new Intercontinental Champion.
- WWE announced that 78,363 fans set an attendance record for Sun Life Stadium at tonight's pay-per-view.
- As seen at WrestleMania 28 tonight, Sheamus became the World Heavyweight Champion by defeating Daniel Bryan in the opening match. Sheamus won in just 18 seconds with a Brogue Kick.
F4Wonline.com reports that the plan was for them to beat the Kane vs. Chavo Guerrero record for shortest match a few years ago but they didn't beat it. The short title change had apparently been planned for a while but there were people in WWE trying to get it changed.
Here are Full Wrestlemania 28 results from April 1, 2012
•Sheamus defeated Daniel Bryan Singles match for the World Heavyweight Championship •Kane defeated Randy Orton Singles match •The Big Show defeated Cody Rhodes (c) Singles match for the WWE Intercontinental Championship •Kelly Kelly and Maria Menounos defeated Beth Phoenix and Eve Tag Team match •The Undertaker defeated Triple H Hell in a Cell •Team Johnny (David Otunga (captain), Mark Henry, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, The Miz, and Drew McIntyre) (with John Laurinaitis, Vickie Guerrero and Brie Bella) defeated Team Teddy (Santino Marella (captain), R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder, The Great Khali, and Booker T) (with Teddy Long, Hornswoggle, Eve, Nikki Bella and Aksana) •CM Punk (c) defeated Chris Jericho. •The Rock defeated John Cena Singles match
Ik ben Boon Kenneth, en gebruik soms ook wel de schuilnaam Sting.
Ik ben een man en woon in Dworp (Belgie) en mijn beroep is .
Ik ben geboren op 05/06/1989 en ben nu dus 30 jaar jong.
Mijn hobby's zijn: Worstelen en films.
Druk op onderstaande knop om een berichtje achter te laten in mijn gastenboek