-- WWE Diva Torrie Wilson updated fans on her back injury via her MySpace blog. She wrote, "On the health front, my back problems don't seem to be getting any better and I am actually starting to feel worse believe it or not! It's gotten to the point that I can barely stand up in the morning. I've never really been hurt before so this is really REALLY annoying to me. I can't stand feeling frail and just want to go back to my active lifestyle. I am looking into another type of treatment right now that looks promising so let's hope this problem goes away soon. Please pray for me! I have actually been out of the action in the wrestling ring for quite some time and am really starting to miss it."
Anthony John Carelli (6 maart 1974) is een Italiaans Amerikaans professioneel worstelaar beter bekend onder zijn worstelnamen, Boris Alexiev in OVW en als, Santino Marella in de WWE. Daar werd hij 1x Intercontinental Champion, en vecht op de RAW show van de WWE.
Voor hij ging worstelen
Carelli deed aan Judo bij de Shin Bu Kan, competitiegericht sinds zijn jeugd en heeft daar aantal toernooien gewonnen. In 1994 werd hij de Canadese kampioen in de categorie, mannen onder 21. Hij heeft ook geworsteld voor de Concordia University in Montréal (Canada). Tevens heeft hij een aantal jaren gevochten in de MMA in Japan, voor hij dan uiteindelijk een contract tekende bij de WWE in 2007.
World Wrestling Entertainment
Ohio Valley Wrestling
In juli 2005, werkde hij onder de naam Johnny Geo Basco, en werd tijdens een van de Ohio Valley Wrestling (OVW) shows in het publiek geplaatst. Het was de eigenlijke bedoeling geweest dat hij volgens de verhaallijn bang zou moeten worden van The Boogeyman, maar inplaats daarvan begon hij te lachen. Het gevolg hiervan was dat hij blijkbaar een aantal keren in het gezicht is geslagen en uitgescholden werd, door Jim Cornette, deze werd later ontslagen door de WWE.
Paul Heyman werd de vervanger van Jim Cornette en gaf Carelli een nieuwe naam. Hij was nu iemand uit Rusland onder de worstelnaam Boris Alexiev. Carelli maakte zijn debuut onder zijn nieuwe naam op 12 april 2006 samen met zijn manager en zogenaamde "comrade". Hij domineerde zijn tegenstanders vaak met submission moves en andere harde stoten en versloeg een worstelaar genaamd Dewey in 10 seconds. Hij tekende op 11 augustus 2006 een contract bij de WWE, maar bleef doorworstelen in OVW.
Op 24 januari 2007, won Carelli de OVW Television Championship, door de Bad Kompany (Mike Kruel and Shawn Osbourne) te verslaan, die op dat moment beide de kampioen waren. Mike Kruel won zijn titel weer terug op 7 februari, maar verloor hem weer aan Carelli op 14 maart 2007. Deze verloor de titel weer 3 dagen later aan Shawn Spears.
Carrelli maakte zijn WWE debuut op 16 april 2007 op de RAW show, toen ze in Milan, Italië waren. Hij werd uit het publiek gekozen door Mr. McMahon die competitie zocht om Umaga uit te dagen voor zijn Intercontinental Championship. Niemand uit de kleedkamers kwam naar voren, dus besloot hij een fan uit het publiek te kiezen, dit werd Carelli, die toen bekend werd als Santino Marella. Carrelli deed het goed, totdat Mr. McMahon er een No Holds Barred Match van maakte, wat betekende dat er geen regels waren, en zo werd hij na enige hulp van Bobby Lashley de nieuwe Intercontinental Champion. De volgende dag werd er een bericht neergezet op WWE.com waarin stond dat Carelli oorspronkelijk in Canada woont, maar dat hij familie aan het bezoeken was in Milan en heel toevallig de WWE daar ook was. Later werd bekend dat hij verhuisd was naar de Verenigde Staten om daar te trainen en zo eventueel later voor de WWE te kunnen worstelen.
Op 7 mei 2007, had hij zijn eerste titelmatch, tegen Chris Masters. Deze match won hij door een "cradle roll-up" om zo zijn titel te behouden. De week erop versloeg hij Masters op dezelfde manier.
Thursday, 20 September 2007 NEWS FROM THURSDAY’S “IMPACT!” BROADCAST ON SPIKE TV The countdown to the January 6 Final Resolution PPV continues By Bill Banks
Note: Due to the holiday, videos from Thursday’s “iMPACT!” will be delayed. Check back to TNAwrestling.com in the coming days for footage from the broadcast.
- On Thursday’s broadcast, Abyss sat down with Mike Tenay for a rare interview to speak out about the claims by his former manager James Mitchell that Abyss is hiding another, more darker secret from the world. During the interview, Abyss confirmed that his name is indeed Chris Parks. He also told the world that he has known James Mitchell “too long” and when the topic of his parents were brought up, Abyss made it clear his mother raised him – not his father as Mitchell claims. When Tenay asked Abyss to reveal the “secret”, the TNA superstar said the secret lives with him – and it will die with him. In fact, Abyss stated, he will never tell the world. When Tenay gave Abyss one more opportunity to talk about the secret, Abyss stood up in a show of force – then walked off the interview set!
- Speaking of Mitchell, his current protégé the maniacal Judas Mesias made his TNA in-ring return, beating Senshi in singles action. It was also announced on “iMPACT!”’ that Abyss will battle Judas Mesias at “Final Resolution”.
- The other big story coming out of Thursday’s “iMPACT!” was that “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles is under pressure to pick a side in the war between TNA World Heavyweight Champion Kurt Angle and “The Instant Classic” Christian Cage. Early in the broadcast, both Cage and Angle called out Styles to make his decision, but Styles accidentally got knocked out during a melee between Cage and Angle. Later on, Styles and Tomko faced the Motor City Machineguns in a non-title bout, but when AJ kept asking advice on who he should join, Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley took the opportunity to beat Styles in the bout.
- Booker T was scheduled to face Robert Roode, but that match never took place as Sharmell and Karen Angle both got into a catfight. As a result, Booker made the challenge for a tag team bout for later on, promising to find a partner to take on Angle and Roode. Booker ended up getting Cage as his partner, who shares a common hatred for Angle and Roode. The Instant Classic got the win in the tag team bout, then demanded Styles come out to give his final decision. With Angle also wanting a final choice, Styles stood between Angle and Cage and couldn't answer! As a result, Styles still hasn’t made his decision as to who he will side with.
- In other news from the broadcast, Team 3D paid a visit to TNA Management Director Jim Cornette’s office to officially object to being forced to compete in an Ultimate X Match at the January 6 “Final Resolution” Pay-Per-View. When Cornette told them they had no choice but to fight in the dangerous bout, Team 3D promised that neither “Black Machismo” Jay Lethal nor The Motor City Machineguns would even make it to the match in one piece.
- Speaking of Cornette, the management director also had words with Samoa Joe on the broadcast over his recent bad attitude. In turn, Joe absolutely destroyed “Primetime” Elix Skipper in singles action and got disqualified in the process – telling Cornette the slaughter was his fault and that he would continue to raise hell until he gets what he wants. When Joe attempted to continue his rant, TNA management apparently ordered that his live microphone be cut off.
- The Knockouts of the Women’s Division were in action on “iMPACT!” as the team of TNA Women’s Champion Gail Kim along with Angelina Love and Velvet Sky defeated Jackie Moore, ODB and Roxxi Laveaux.
- Speaking of Gail Kim, it was announced on the broadcast that she will once again defend the TNA Women’s Championship against the juggernaut Awesome Kong at Final Resolution in a No Disqualification match!
- During a backstage interview with “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner and Petey Williams, Steiner reiterated that he still wanted Williams’ shot at the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Petey refused to give in and walked off, at which point Steiner claimed he would get it from him – one way or another.
- Also, Dustin Rhodes called out Kaz to “give him the opportunity” to apologize for attacking him in recent weeks, claiming he had no idea why Kaz would do that to him (despite the fact that Dustin’s alter-ego Black Reign put his pet rat Misty on his face). In turn, Kaz and Dustin got into another brawl that went all over the Impact Zone – and at one point, Kaz dove off the top of the bleachers taking out Dustin and TNA security in the process.
John Cena Possibly Returning At WrestleMania Posted by Ryan Gray on 12/27/2007 at 03:09 PM
Source - Wrestling Observer Newsletter
The initial diagnosis for John Cena had him out past WrestleMania, however according to his rehab reports; he is working like a demon trying to speed up his return date. Cena has a strong mind-muscle link from his years in bodybuilding which gives him a strong advantage for a faster and more effective recovery.
Chris Jericho def. WWE Champion Randy Orton (DQ, non-title) Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy def. Carlito (non-title) Mickie James & Maria vs. Layla & Kelly Kelly (no contest) Rey Mysterio def. Mark Henry D-Generation X def. Mr. Kennedy & Umaga
TIKRIT, Iraq – After 6,000 of miles of air travel, hundreds of warm wishes for the soldiers, and handshakes and hugs too numerous to count, the Superstars were finally ready to rumble for our brave men and women in our 5th Annual Tribute to the Troops.
Inside an old Iraqi soccer stadium in Tikrit where Saddam Hussein allegedly executed his Iraqi Olympic soccer team, a gigantic United States flag flew proudly over the grandstand. As thousands of U.S. troops surrounding the ring at Camp Speicher, the fists flew fast and furious, all for the entertainment of our troops overseas.
WWE's most important broadcast of the year is the only entertainment program broadcast from the war zone, bringing one message to the soldiers and their families – a message of thanks.
Y-too-much After Chris Jericho's DQ victory at Armageddon over WWE Champion Randy Orton, Y2J was eager to continue his win streak over the champ. But the cunning former SmackDown commentator John Bradshaw Layfield had other ideas.
As the Second Coming reversed an RKO attempt into the Walls of Jericho, the crowd roared as they heard bells. But it wasn't the ring bell, it was the opening bars of JBL's entrance theme.
With Orton struggling in the submission hold, JBL came to ringside, taunting his rival. Watch the video...
"Normally, the first-ever Undisputed Champion in wrestling history and the Legend Killer WWE Champion is enough. Not when JBL is in town, son,” JBL announced. “When JBL is in town, son, this is what the crowd wants to see."
JBL entered the ring, and referee Mike Chioda called for the DQ as Jericho bum rushed the Texas tycoon. As Y2J turned, Orton unleashed a vicious RKO on Y2J, then told JBL "he's all yours."
The former WWE Champion wound up and clocked the Second Coming with the Clothesline From Hell, then soaked up the boos and jeers from the soldiers at ringside.
Santa can't see you Mr. McMahon proudly marched to the ring, and in the middle of all the soldiers looking on, gave the troops a message of unconditional support.
"This is the fifth year in a row in which the WWE has the privilege of paying tribute to the troops – to each and every one of you. Perhaps second only to your families, the WWE supports you no matter where you are in this world ... If you're in action, the WWE will be right behind you in action as well."
McMahon introduced a Divas tag-team match to the soldiers' delight, but as the team of Mickie James & Maria were bronco-busting Layla & Kelly Kelly, Mr. McMahon interrupted the proceedings, telling the troops they'd "seen enough" of the Divas' action. He also announced that Santa Claus would not be coming to Iraq this year.
But as the soldiers booed, Santa Claus came to the ring, bringing bad news for The Chairman. Watch the video...
"Since he was a child, Vince McMahon has always hated Santa Claus, because Vince McMahon has always been a very bad boy." Santa recalled. The holiday gift-giver remembered the Chairman as a child, shoplifting "a very naughty magazine" from a convenience store.
The disgusted Chairman ripped off Santa's beard and hat to reveal former WWE Champion John Cena. Still recovering from an injury suffered earlier this year, the Chain Gang Commander scooped up Mr. McMahon and slammed him to the mat with an FU. Cena saluted the troops, and passed out gifts with the Divas, spreading Christmas cheer.
DX-tra Special Holiday Gang Green was in full force as D-Generation X reunited by special request of the troops to battle Mr. Kennedy & Umaga in tag-team action. Just as Umaga was gearing up for a Samoan Spike on The Game, HBK shocked his chops with Sweet Chin Music, then delivered a second superkick to his Green Bay nemesis. Triple H cradled the 2007 Money in the Bank winner for a Pedigree and picked up the pinfall victory. Watch the video...
After the match, The Game and HBK invited a selection of soldiers into the ring for a symbolic DX chop as Blackhawk helicopters flew overhead.
Not cool After their high-impact Ladder Match at Raw's 15th Anniversary, Carlito looked to even the score with a win over Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy, but it wasn't to be. A Twist of Fate and Swanton Bomb sealed yet another win for Hardy, continuing his hot streak as he prepares to face Orton at the Royal Rumble.
Giant buzzkill Mark Henry looked to squash former World Champion Rey Mysterio like a sand gnat, but the fast attacks of the extreme luchador was too much for the World's Strongest Man. Mysterio worked on the big man's leg, and after a 619 and West Coast Pop, he was able to roll up the stunned behemoth for the three-count.
Ik ben Boon Kenneth, en gebruik soms ook wel de schuilnaam Sting.
Ik ben een man en woon in Dworp (Belgie) en mijn beroep is .
Ik ben geboren op 05/06/1989 en ben nu dus 30 jaar jong.
Mijn hobby's zijn: Worstelen en films.
Druk op onderstaande knop om een berichtje achter te laten in mijn gastenboek